Hans Brinker Budget Hotel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

When we walked into our room there were about ten flies circling the room. When I mentioned this at reception I was handed a tin of bug spray to kill them off. As great as this was, the flies returned the next day...... Might have been due to the foul smell coming from the bathroom. For these reasons, I wasn't keen on relaxing in the bedroom but the bar area was nice and the food was decent and well priced. They sell themselves as a bad hostel and they certainly live up to this reputation.

• 28th Jul 2013

Sleep Easy Hostel

Verona, Italy

the noise outside stopped me getting much sleep but we couldn't close the Windows as the room was hot and no fans were provided. Security was dubious - all of the door keys were the same so other people could enter your room, no padlock known to man would work in the lockers and there are no staff around most of the time which made life difficult when the exit buzzer on the door didn't work in the morning. The beds were comfy except for the lumpy pillows.

• 21st Jul 2013

Hostel Pisa Tower

Pisa, Italy

We really enjoyed our stay here. It was clean and comfortable and in a great location.

• 18th Jul 2013