Ultari House 1-The Seed

Seoul, South Korea

I stayed at Ultari House 'The Gallery' as my booking was changed from 'The Seed' due to refurb work. The place felt more like renting a room in a student house than a hostel as my room was clean, big & secure but the common areas seem to be monopolised by the owners and their belongings and all common areas needed a good clean. However, the place is secure and well located so it did the job for a few days stay in Seoul. The owner was very friendly.

Korea Central Backpackers

Seoul, South Korea

Great little place. Heyhwa which is the nearest metro station has a really great vibe, is safe and packed with little cafes. The owners were fantastic at recommending local sights and helped me navigate the night food market nearby. The place is very secure and has passcode entry so you can enter/exit freely at any time of day.

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great place right in the heart of Chinatown. Mani is extremely welcoming and her homemade cakes are to die for after several months backpacking. It's run as if you're at home so I found it releaxing and refreshing. I hope to come back again soon.

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Excellent place. The bed was comfy, showers were boiling hot and it was very clean and relaxing. They helped me arrange some interestng activities too so I was very happy. The only thing I'd note is that, in my opinion, a sink in a dorm room doesn't constitute 'en suite' facilities.

Green Tulip House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

The room was huge, spotless and had very good air con and shower. The only thing I found difficult was the operating hours of reception. I had a 9am flight and had to wake up the owner to get my key deposit back despite giving her advance notice of my departure time. Also, I got back at 9:30pm after the night market to find everything shut up which was a bit disconcerting. I eventually found the bell to ring to be let in but it would have been nice to have been told at check in about this.

Khaosan Baan Thai

Bangkok, Thailand

Fantastic stay at this hostel. The owner couldn't be more friendly or helpful but balanced it nicely by not being intrusive - a unique art! The location is good and easy to find and is walking distance to the big temples and ferry which is a bonus. I even left something behind and she emailed me to tell me - now that's service!

Little Hanoi Diamond

Hanoi, Vietnam

Great place to stay in the Old Quarter of Hanoi. Owner very helpful and efficient. Airport pickup worked a dream and was very useful.

The Hump Hostel

Kunming, China

i Great place to stay; very central location. Room very big and clean and quiet. Bar and cafe iwas fantastic food and very reasonable price. Onlything missing is clothes driers as took a while to dry thngs on a cold day butlaundry service good otherwise.

Top place to stay. Staff were amazing and could not be more helpful. They helped me with bikes, airport and train transfers, and eating out suggestions. I especially liked the option to eat with the hostel staff as I got to try some wonderful food and make some friends - the chef is great! My room was huge with a great shower and the location is central enough yet at the quiet side of the old town so you get a good nights sleep.

Wada Hostel in Guilin

Guilin, China

Good place for a transit night as it is near the bus and train station but I wouldn't plan a long stay here as it's too far from the city and lacks character. The staff were friendly and efficient and the cafe/bar did some lovely well priced dishes.

We have to disagree with you on the point that our hostel lacks character. We may not be contemporary but we do have added character. We incorporated a bamboo theme throughout our hostel. We have art in all the rooms personally painted by our staff, there's a funky rock climbing wall, a sun roof, a bamboo garden, a comfy movie room with beanies, and the overall feeling is quite cool. This rating is underserving and it was hurtful. Sorry but we try our very very best to serve our guests.

The Stone Bridge

Yangshuo, China

The Stone Bridge is exceptionally clean and quiet. My room was enormous and the bathroom was top notch. AhLong goes out of her way to help you and make you feel at home. The only thing worth considering is the distance from town as this makes the place quiet and relaxing but also a fairly long trek after a days activities or dinner in town. It's an unlit path back and I felt nervous at times walking back at night so this place is probably better for couples than a solo female traveller.

Brilliant place. The dorm was spacious and a free locker for a full sized rucksack was provided. Bedding was very clean as were the showers and toilets. Free internet worked and they were very helpful on reception booking my Li River transfer to Yangshuo. It's a lovely location and plenty of opportunity for an evening walk to the night market or around the lakes. I felt safe as a lone female traveller. All in all I would recommend this place to friends.

Fantastic customer service and excellent place to stay. I keep recommending it to people as I love it so much. The Kung Fu class was great fun.

Fantastic customer service as always. I will keep coming back here and recommending it to friends as its the best place, hostel or hotel, I have ever stayed. The Kung Fu lesson this time was fab :)

Golden Gobi

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

They messed up my airport transfer and then made no effort to rectify the issue, despite me being late for my flight check in as a result. I had to ask for a member of staff to go to the main road and help me hail a cab in the end - not impressed with that!

Golden Gobi

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Great place to stay which is well located and clean. It's much better than the hotel I stayed at earlier in UB. Only thing missing is lockers in the rooms to improve security.

Jollyboys Backpackers

Livingstone, Zambia

Great place to stay. Friendly and helpful staff, good food and location and a thoroughly relaxing experience, what more could you want. Have been twice and hope to come back one day soon.

Absolutely fantastic one of the best places I have stayed on my travels。So many personal touches which made all the difference。They gave me a Chinese mobile with credit to contact them if I was about town and needed help。I was a single female travelling alone yet I felt very safe coming back to this Hutong on my own at 3am etc after a night on the town。 The main entrance had a swipe card system and felt very secure。 My room was spotless and quiet and had great aircon。 Would recommend it!