Lub d Bangkok Siam Square

Bangkok, Thailand

Perfect location as it is close to the large shopping malls and right next to the Skytrain. The hostel is pricey but worth the splurge for location and facilities. A little bit quiet at the moment so it was hard to meet people as a solo (I booked it bc it was supposed to be a big party/social hostel, but not a lot going on at the time).

Here Be Dragons

Battambang, Cambodia

The vibe of the place was great. I was only passing through for the night but the staff made me feel very welcome. The food was good and there was live Khmer music in-house that night. I had a private room that was quiet and comfortable. The shower wasn't great but used a communal shower downstairs and it was fine. Good place to stay if you are in Battambang.

The Mad Monkey

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The ladies dorm was directly under the sunset bar, and, whilst the music wasn't too bad, you could hear everyone walking around and chairs being moved,. OK if you were up there, but it was a very small space and hard to meet people (you walked in and it was hard to move around, the music was too loud to talk, so not a great initial socializing area). There was a restaurant downstairs, but a more informal lounge would have been great. Staff are really lovely.

The Mad Monkey Kampot

Kampot, Cambodia

Having only opened 2 weeks before I arrived the hostel is only now starting to draw people in. The pool is awesome - constantly cool and very refreshing - and the staff and rooms are awesome. A great place to chill.

Eighty8 Phnom Penh

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The hostel arranged a free-pickup from the bus station and the tuk tuk driver took me around the city the next day. Lovely staff and great facilities. The food is delicious, too.

Here at Eighty8 it is our sole aim to give our customers an enjoyable stay. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your time here! Any future travelers can also take advantage of our free bus station pickup service by just emailing us prior to your arrival. Enjoy the rest of your travels. Team88, YR

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Rooms were quiet and cool, with good blackout curtains and good bathrooms

Thailandwow

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Met some great people here (we all went up to Pai together)and Khai was amazing.

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

great to have the pub as part of the hostel.

Vertigo Vieux-Port

Marseille, France

Would have been nice to have access to our own kitchen facilities, rather than having dinner prepared each night (dinner was good, but nice to cook your own food for cheaper too :)

It was a trek up all of the stairs, but great staff, very welcoming and friendly (they would sit and chat with us, put movies on for us and made sure we were having good time), and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul