Hotel Majestic

Montpellier, France

It was a good budget hotel, no bells and whistles. It was in the perfect location to explore Montpellier, 5 minutes from the train station and a few steps from the main Place de la Com├ędie. The room was very simple but it was all we needed. For what we paid a night we couldn't really expect any more. The bathroom was nice and big and clean. The staff were very friendly. Perfect for what we needed it for.

• 7th May 2013

Pop' Hostel

Avignon, France

This was a great find in Avignon. We stayed in an 8 bed dorm which was kept very clean and there were curtains which drew across every bed for extra privacy, which I thought was a nice touch. The common area was very modern and doubled as breakfast room in the morning and wine and tapas bar in the evening, which was delicious and very good value. The only thing I would say is when they say that there is a "kitchen", it is a microwave and a sink in a small room - but the tapas made up for it!

• 5th May 2013

Hostel Pastoral

Nice, France

A really lovely hostel, about a 10-15 minute walk to the seafront and to the old town. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the whole place had a great atmosphere and a simple continental breakfast was provided every morning. There were excellent kitchen facilities and the common area was great with sofas and an outside terrace. I spent 4 nights here and felt very welcome, I would recommend it to anybody going to Nice and looking for a good hostel.

• 1st May 2013