Reviews: evamcavoy

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 22

Phuket Backpacker

Phuket, Thailand

Great atmosphere, friendly and sociable staff. Had a great stay here, but dorms are a bit small.

Lazy House Shenanigans

Koh Phangan, Thailand

Staff is fun, friendly and helpful. Good place overall, would recommend!

Easy Go Hostel

Vang Vieng, Laos

Great place with stunning views!

FUN-D Hostel Chiang Rai

Chiang Rai, Thailand

Very clean and staff is friendly. Nicest showers I've seen in Thailand!

Great place! Owner Darling is lovely and so kind. I would recommend this place if you don't mind a few ants.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Globetrotter

Deejai Backpacker

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Very clean, well-maintained hostel with an excellent atmosphere. The advertised security cameras don't reach all the rooms, though, so make sure to lock your doors and be extra careful with your stuff. I was less careful than I should have been and a bunch of my stuff was stolen.

Born Free Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Loved this hostel! It's an awesome value and very clean and well cared for. Owner Kevin and his girlfriend Wasana are extremely friendly and helpful. Definitely check out Kevin's night time bike tour through Bangkok.

JGH Tokyo

Tokyo, Japan

Anyone with backpacking experience will have no problem with this place! It's clean, nice atmosphere, friendly staff. The only nuisance is that it's a bit out of the way, but the walk to the train station has a really nice park, and it's really safe. Overall I would recommend it!

Really great hostel! I would go to Sanur just to stay there. They clean and make the beds every day. Side note (nothing to do with the hostel itself): beware of the laundry service next door! They lost a bunch of our stuff, have us other people's stuff, and seriously stained my only nice ($70) dress...

Victoria Hotel & Hostel

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Very clean, nice enough beds.

Malibu Lifestyle

Kuching, Malaysia

Loved this place! The owners and staff are great and very helpful!

House of Journey

Penang, Malaysia

Great hostel! Lovely staff and easy to meet people.

Frendz Resort Boracay

Boracay Island, Philippines

Loved this place, would definitely recommend it! But bring a pair of sandals for the shower.

Staff was a bit rude upon checkin, and generally not very helpful. Bathrooms need some serious cleaning and renovation. Still, I've stayed in worse places.

Afterglow

Sokcho, South Korea

This place was SO wonderful! The owners are extremely kind and hospitable, they make it feel like you're visiting friends. It's much more of a hotel than a hostel, but I can't recommend it enough. This place was great, and the owners truly deserve your business!

SUM Guest House Haeundae

Busan, South Korea

Great place! Extremely clean and the staff was lovely! Very new facilities, and private bathrooms in the dorms. I would wholeheartedly recommend it. Although, make sure to get directions ahead of time because the ones posted here we're not very complete.

HEY Backpackers

Seoul, South Korea

Location is good, although really difficult to find at first, and the sign is very small and easy to miss. The owner is quite a character... He likes to bargain and talk very loudly, but he is very entertaining. Overall we enjoyed our stay, and the rooms were clean.

Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

Staff and admin were pretty disorganized, but still very helpful. I would still recommend it! It's a lot of fun and really great atmosphere. :)

Decent place! They have a reading room, which is really nice if people in your room are sleeping or being loud. Enjoyed my stay.

Byron Beach Resort

Byron Bay, Australia

Had a good time here! Although some of the staff were totally awesome and some were exceptionally unfriendly. Great location, short walk from downtown and right across the street from the beach! Best hostel BBQ I've ever had. Overall I would recommend it!

Sleeping Inn Backpackers

Surfers Paradise, Australia

Awesome hostel. I felt like I was back at my college house! Staff was so friendly and really encouraged social interaction. I had a blast here! But it's definitely centered around partying and drinking, so keep that in mind before booking!

Noosa Backpackers Resort

Noosa, Australia

Decent place to stay, a bit far from downtown, but they have a shuttle that runs to and from the city (it's not always reliable, but I think that's temporary because they were looking for a new driver).

Airlie Waterfront Backpackers

Airlie Beach, Australia

Kind of difficult to meet people. Also the internet didn't work like, 2 out of the 3 days that I was there. If you want a bed in a good location, it's totally fine though.

Asylum Cairns

Cairns, Australia

Such an amazing atmosphere (both by design and by chance) that I extended my stay! The moment I walked in, everyone welcomed me, and the whole place was super friendly. The staff was also so wonderful and accommodating! Not the cleanest place I've been, but I would still go back, and definitely recommend it to others. Thanks, Asulym!

Somewhere to Stay

Brisbane, Australia

Staff was really awesome and helpful. Nice pool, chill rooms, reliable shuttle. Could do with more showers, and the guests got pretty loud at night, but overall it was a decent place to stay.

YMCA Christchurch

Christchurch, New Zealand

Very basic place. Not much of an atmosphere. Staff is friendly and location is pretty good.

Paradiso Backpackers

Nelson, New Zealand

This is easily my favorite hostel that I've ever stayed at (so far). Incredible atmosphere, easy to socialize or chill, tons of facilities/activities, and the rooms are decent. Mine had a balcony! This is such a special place, I would go back to Nelson just to stay here again (and probably will someday). I wholeheartedly recommend it to any traveler!

Base Queenstown

Queenstown, New Zealand

Awesome location. Rooms average. The bar advertised was pretty sparse, and the activities ended up being pretty demeaning toward women. Everyone booed a girl (on her birthday) for not taking her clothes off until she left...

YHA Auckland City

Auckland, New Zealand

Cool place to stay, met a lot of chill people, and the staff was extremely helpful! I would recommend it.

Kina Backpackers

Waiheke Island, New Zealand

Decent place. Friendly and accomodating staff, clean kitchen. Beds and rooms are a little cramped, but overall no real complaints! It seemed to be mostly for people who plan on staying in the area and working for a while rather than travelers passing through.

Hostel Blue Planet

Paris, France

Staff was so rude, all of the toilets were overflowing, expensive internet access that didn't really work properly. Way too expensive for how bad it is. Location was okay though.

Royal Mile Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Okay place to stay. I don't think that they should be allowed to advertise free wifi; it blocks most people's computers from most pretty main websites (like facebook...). Most of the staff wasn't particularly helpful or friendly (with some exceptions; a couple of them are totally chill). Difficult to meet people because they have a small common room. Good if you just need a cheap bed in a great location. DEFINITELY go on the free tour and their pub crawl (8 pounds). Best pub crawl EVER.

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

Great hostel, extremely friendly staff, decent location, easy to meet people, clean. No complaints! I was there for my 20th birthday and they recommended awesome stuff for me to do, and set me up for an awesome pub crawl. I would stay here again without hesitation. Thank you, Travel Joy! :)