Towanda Hostel

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Hostel towanda, what can I say? I stayed for 4 nights so it isn't that bad and cooked a couple of times so the kitchen isn't that bad however anyone can just walk in and doors are always open (there are lockers). During my first night my friend stayed without a reservation or checking in because there were no staff present. It was a third of the price if you paid the hostel and didn't use hostel world! But but but the vibe and view are great, rooms are clean and and there is 1 hot shower!

Art Factory

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Stayed here for 3 weeks and then returned or 2 nights, it is my home in buenos aires! The staff are amazing, bar is really cool and the breakfast is pretty good too! Perfect location in San Telmo. I would and have recommended this hostel to anyone visiting BA! Estupendo! Gracias!

America del Sur Hostel

El Calafate, Argentina

The staff here are super friendly and very helpful. The breakfast is good and the rooms are clean with good ensuite bathrooms. The kitchen is the only downside, it is small and becomes dirty very quickly, if they improved the kitchen I would say it would be close to being a perfect hostel!

Lo De Trivi

El Chalten, Argentina

This hostel wasn't bad, I stayed an extra night because I couldn't be bothered going to another hostel across the street but showers were pretty rubbish, rooms were extremely hot and there was no lock on my door!

Ariki Backpackers

New Plymouth, New Zealand

Location is not everything! Apparently queen Elizabeth stayed at the hostel when it was a hotel, I don't think they've changed it since! The beds were rocky and squeaky, the bar downstairs has karaoke until 1am and I had a whole issue in the morning with the light in the bathroom! I stayed in New Plymouth two more nights but moved to another hostel.

Tombstone Backpackers

Picton, New Zealand

One of the best hostels I've stayed in EVER! 2 pillows, free wifi, free breakfast, clean, and friendly, helpful staff!

Happy Apple Backpackers

Abel Tasman National Park, New Zealand

Glow Worm Cottages

Franz Josef, New Zealand

Great location, really friendly staff and the deluxe rooms are perfect if you're staying a few days as they have a fridge and microwave. The kitchen is pretty well kitted out too. Has a typical franz josef feel to it.

Hostel looks pretty run down and the room had very little natural light. Kitchen was pretty poor. Everything else was just ok.

Rooms are very clean and pretty spacious. Sadly most of them overlook a courtyard that exaggerates every sound made in it, even just a quiet conversation! When we stayed they only had one decent shower, the rest were pretty much unusable, which was frustrating! Staff were pretty friendly, especially the bar staff. They tried to organise a couple of events but they weren't very successful. Not a bad little hostel that did the job but not amazing.

Spinner's Backpackers

Perth, Australia

The staff were pretty chilled out and friendly, showed me to my room and seemed to know the other guests well. I only stayed one night so didnt use the reasonably sized kitchen, but the bathrooms weren't over appealling. Room was a good size but suspicious stains on the bedding meant I needed a few pints before I felt comforatble sleeping! People were freindly enough but you got the impression they had been there a while, means it must be doing something right!