• USA, Female, 25-30
The Backpack Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
26th Jan 2015

On a scale of 0-10 My stay would be an 8. I have to mention that the bathroom had a terrible smell could have been from the drain. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Hello there, thank you for the review of our hostel. We are sorry to hear about the bathroom smell, we do have old drainage systems, so we will take a look into this problem immediately. Other than that, we are pleased to hear you had a great time and that the staff could help out as much as possible. Kind Regards, The Backpack Team

• USA, Female, 25-30
Los Amigos Hostel, Madrid, Spain
6.6
29th Mar 2014

The staff did a good job with accommodating my needs. I was in a room with two guys snoring very loudly. One of the staff was able to move me to a different room for the night. The language barrier was difficult, with my Spanish being very limited and the staff not speaking or understanding any English, it's was difficult communicating with the staff. Also the main reason I booked this particular hostel was for their laundry facility, they had a washer but no dryer which was disappointing.

Yes! Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
19th Mar 2013

The best hostel I've stayed in while in Europe. Location was perfect. Facility was perfect. Staff was very nice and helpful. Will definitely return to this hostel when I come back to visit lisbon in the future.

Smart Russell Square Hostel, London, England
18th Mar 2013

This was my second time staying at this hostel. I was there at the end of 2011. This time was in march 2013. My postive experience with the hostel made me return but I was shocked to find out a lot of things had changed. For example charging to store luggage in the luggage room which used to be free. I feel that this service should be free because every other hostel I've stay in, in Europe has offered this service for free. It should be part of the avaliable service as a hostel.

International House of Washington, Washington DC, USA
19th Jan 2013

The owner was very nice and knowledgable about places we want to visit.

Old City Esma Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
6.6
13th Jul 2012

please don't false adverstize things you don't have. for example it says you have AC in all room. Our room did not have an AC. lockers would be nice too. or some place to store luggage.