Smart Russell Square

The idea of privacy pods wasn't more than just a curtain before the bed, but it worked out surprisingly well and made sure it was easier to sleep through returning dorm mates in the middle of the nights. The showers were terrible though, in the basement, not comfortable when you're on the 2nd floor, and no possibility for a bit of privacy at all. Including breakfast was poor as well.

• 17th May 2014

Hi Thank you for your review, We have placed the showers together at one place for two main reasons, the first reason is to save energy by having one big boiler for these showers instead of small boilers on every floor. The second main reason is to ensure that there will always be a shower available for our guests to use unlike other hostels where guests have to walk around the hostel from one floor to another trying to find an empty shower.

Pride of Paddington

Had a really nice stay at the Pride of Paddington. I arrived really early in the morning, could drop off my luggage immediately and had breakfast in the pub that belongs to the hostel. When the staff heard I hadn't checked in yet and wouldn't be able to make breakfast the day after, they already gave me the voucher for the included breakfast. The dorm was large and had lockers, the bed was good and the shower was hot. I couldn't have asked for more, and I definitely plan to come back here!

• 26th Apr 2014

Happy Hostel

Vienna, Austria

We stayed here for a week with 4 friends in an appartment. We knew we would be at the Raimund theatre almost every night, so we chose a hostel near, and this hostel was ideal, about 3 minutes walk from the theatre. To the Westbahnhof, and the U-bahn to the citycentre it's only a 5 minute walk. The appartment was big (especially for this price). We really enjoyed our stay and definitely will be back here for our next stay!

• 27th Dec 2012