Valentine Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

Good, clean hostel/hotel with working AC, toilets, wifi, etc. Nothing fancy but you get what you pay for. The staff was very friendly and cooked breakfast in the morning. Complaint: when I arrived, they had overbooked so they put me up across the street, promising to comp my first night (I was staying two nights). Fine. But the hotel they put me up in lacked AC, didn't have a towel, suffered intermittent power outages, and the sheets were less than clean. Then Valentine made me pay for it

Hanoi Lucky Guesthouse

Hanoi, Vietnam

Hanoi Lucky Guesthouse serves its purpose well -- it's an inexpensive hotel right in downtown Hanoi. There are no frills here, but the rooms are clean, the bathrooms are functional, and the staff is extremely eager to please. I would recommend this place to my fellow budget travelers.

Pension Montorena

Seville, Spain

This is a cute place for a great price. the staff is a bit disorganized, probably because they're sleep deprived, having to take your key back at all hours of the day and night, and the rooms are small and only air conditioned if you pay an additional fee ( we sweated it out), but if you're cheap and are looking for a safe, cleanish place to sleep in a great location, this place is perfect.

Pension Cibeles

Cordoba, Spain

Lovely room and great location for a good price. We shared a (clean) bathroom with other guests, which is fine if not ideal. Only slight annoyance was the lack of wifi access in our room. Other than those two minor quibbles, this place is great.