As per usual the staff see you as a walking ATM machine desite then nonchalant approach to getting around Luxor and dealng with its locals. they have a direct line to your pockets and a perceived trust by staying at their establishmentestablishment. Dont let this fool you. Other than that that itis comfortable and accessible.

Meramees Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

Very well locaed, cool on hot Caro days and friendly staff. My only complaint one staff member (with glasses) tried discouraging me from taking metro to Pyramid. He told me I couldn't do it because I didnt speak Arabic. One of the many unscrupulous attempts to take my money however what bothered me was his unwillingness to help when I insisted I would take the metro despite his (misleading) advice.

Hostel 639

This place is a dump in every sense of the word. It is old, rundown, cramped and very unclean. The staff are all Spanish immigrants who don't care about you or your stay, just socialsing amongst themselves and smoking. The place attracts some very creepy people who you must sleep with in very close, smelly quarters. Stay away from this place. It is more like a halfway house than a hostel.

Pension Paquita

Madrid, Spain

Clean, family run place that has a barely average location. Nothing happening before or after dark in the area. Rooms are average with dated future. No atmosphere as this is a pension rather than a hostel. Good for a quiet stay.

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

I was given a sheet with a big yellow stain in the middle and although the staff member changed it he did so with a sour look on his face, as if it were my fault. The rest of the staff are all very rude and disinterested, save for a couple. One bathroom per 8 bed is very limited. The tours and activities that are offered are ridiculously overpriced as are the beds themselves. Not a bad place overral but if you want friendlier staff and better value then look elsewhere.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Old City Philly House

Philadelphia, USA

Alajuela Backpackers

Alajuela, Costa Rica

Was a hotel. Dorm rooms are a converted hotel room with bunk beds that offer none of the individual luxuries of other better equipped hostels. ie. Lights, outlets, lockers. Beds are tiny too and more for children. Would recommend if staying for use of the airport for the free shuttle and relative comfort.

Hamakas Hostal Granada

Granada, Nicaragua

Staff were very rude and unhelpful. Young girl with the glasses needs an attitude adjustment I also asked for a fan to be fixed in the room as it was unbearably hot and the night attendee really couldn't have cared less. Needless to ssay the fan wasn't fixed. Average location and clean so not all bad. Stay somewhere else for a better experience of the city.

Latina Hostal

Leon, Nicaragua

Great staff, homey place, had an awesome stay.

Hospedaje Dodero

Liberia, Costa Rica

Great place for a base bin Liberia

Magnolia Inn

Panama City, Panama

Bacoo Hostel

La Paz, Bolivia

Location notthe best

Floripa Surf Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

Room smelt, bed was damp and we were ravaged by mosquito's.

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

Great atmosphere, friendly staff, lots of communal activities and awesome location. One bathroom per dorm room is my only complaint about this place.

Duo Housing DC

Washington DC, USA

Charging cards prior to arrival is deceiving and probably crosses a legal line. Siginging a list of rules is confontational and not in tune with the kind of traveler/hostel atmosphere.

HI - Boston Hostel

Boston, USA

Staff could do with mannners and enthusiasm. Especially the Asian man with the glasses.

Baan Tai - Backpackers

Koh Phangan, Thailand

Cool place to stay. Shirt cab ride to all the different parties and walking distance to a pool bar to chill.

cheers for that Victor, we are in our new building now which is closer to all the island parties and walking distance to most of the ones in Baan Tai, beer on me for your next visit