Belfast International Youth Hostel

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Very clinical and impersonal as you might expect from a big hostel, in a fairly loyalist area of Belfast although still very central. Fine for the price with lots of security just not my personal preference for a hostel.

• 6th Apr 2015

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we hope that you enjoyed your time in Belfast overall. Best Wishes Belfast International Youth Hostel

Derry City Independent Hostel

Derry, Northern Ireland

Lovely small hostel with plenty of character and friendly and helpful staff, the breakfast was good with a decent selection considering it was free. The walking tour in the morning was great too - I liked that it was very relaxed and the guide was willing to chat and share his personal experiences. I'm sure there are other tours that offer more historical facts at every brick you walk by but this tour suited us and matched the laid back friendlyness of the hostel too.

• 5th Apr 2015

Kendal Hostel

Lake District, England

Felt extremely ripped off staying here - no heating on in mid November, which meant our wet shoes never got dry for the next day, there was no soap in the toilets but we did manage to find some in the kitchen - although in the kitchen there were no hand towels so presumably people were drying hands on the same teatowels used to dry the kitchen things. Kendal itself was dire, difficult to find a decent restaurant and pub, the quietest town I've ever seen on a Saturday night!

• 15th Nov 2014

Capsule Inn Kinshichou

Tokyo, Japan

Capsules were a lot bigger than expected but since the lockers could barely fit anything in (pretty much just my jacket and towel would fit) i had to put a lot of stuff in the capsule with me, which made it a lot smaller. It was very relaxing to use the japanese shower and bath and was a good experience overall

• 28th Apr 2013

Double room in the separate building was badly laid out, the bed was positioned in a weird way since the room was quite small, there wasn't much life in that building either even though the place was fully booked. In fact the only other people we saw there were staff. Main building seemed a lot more sociable and it was easy to find people to talk to in the bar but obviously didnt see any of the rooms in that building .

• 26th Apr 2013