DEN's INN

Mount Fuji, Japan

Keiko and the other staff were so kind and helpful, providing pick-up from Kawaguchiko station and lifts to the bus station, supermarket etc! The hostel was the cleanest I stayed in in Japan with a spotless kitchen, bathroom and dorms. Felt like staying in someone's house! Can't recommend the hostel enough. Only 2 minutes walk to a beautiful lake and I hear you can hire bikes, though I didn't have time myself.

• 4th Aug 2013

A bit grubby in the communal areas (showers especially) though everything was cleaned daily and the rooms weren't so bad. Would have been nice to have a common area with sofas etc, rather than just the kitchen and bar. Good value for Tokyo though if you stay in the biggest dorm, and in a nice residential area of Asakusa just 5 mins walk from the metro and close to the main shopping area etc if Asakusa.

• 29th Jul 2013

A-yado Gion

Kyoto, Japan

Clean, cosy with a really nice common area. Kitchen didn't have much apart from a microwave but that wasn't so important for me. They sold snacks and drinks in the common room really cheaply which was convenient. Dorm was fairly crowded but clean and comfortable with great showers and a sink/mirror area (in the girls dorm). Definitely recommend.

• 26th Jul 2013

Thank you for your comment. We are gald that you seemed to enjoy your stay here. Well,we sell cheap snacks and drinks instead of kitchen. Also there is a spermaket and convenience store nearby. We clean up the dorm every day and we just want the guests to feel comfortable. If you have a time to come back to Kyoto, please stay here again!! We look forward to seeing next time.