Lucky Lake Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I loved the hostel and wished the weather had been better! I'll be back for sure.

Thanks, Chistine, for your sweet words. We will ask the sun to show up more often ;-)! 'Till next time.

Rainbow Hostel Doolin

Doolin, Ireland

Really great lodgings at a great price. Flexible, kind staff who really helped us out when we had to leave earlier than planned.

• 18th Feb 2013

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Nice charm!

Residenza Santa Croce

Venice, Italy

We really liked our room, in a location we got to choose. The hostel rooms aren't centralized, so you can potentially stay in a variety of different areas in Venice. We arrived during high-tide time, and for that reason were glad that we chose something a little farther away from the sea. The only downside was the lack of wi-fi at our chosen location. We were able to use a nearby port, but for two active individuals the lack of ease of communication was tough.

• 28th Oct 2012

Leonardo House

Florence, Italy

Just returned from a trip to Florence, and we stayed at the Leonardo house. It was perfectly placed less than ten minutes away from every major must-see in Florence. The hostel was quiet (at least on our side) and for the rainier days, the wi-fi connectivity was much appreciated. Leonardo is awesome, one of the most friendly people we encountered in Florence. Our room was very clean. Our wall did have a water spot (we were adjacent to the bathroom) but that was totally minor.

I really enjoyed my stay at Orsa Maggiore Women's Hostel. It was clean, nice and everyone was friendly and accommodating. I was impressed by their complimentary morning breakfast and the cleanliness of their facilities. They were well placed, with a 20 minute walk to the Colosseum and a ten minute walk to Vatican City. We shared our dorm with cool people, too, so that always helps! I highly recommend this hostel and will be staying there again myself upon return to Rome.