Reviews: maplemax

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 22

Shantihome

Izmir, Turkey

The staff and facilities were very nice. Staff helped us work out how to take a bus to where we wanted to go, despite the fact that we speak absolutely no Turkish. The hostel was clean and well-maintained. That being said, they could really benefit from lockers. Their philosophy about cultivating trust is admirable, but when I'm traveling with my passport and things, it's really a load off my mind to be able to lock them up safely. I ended up carrying everything with me constantly.

• 27th May 2015

Cheers Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The facilities were clean and secure, and breakfasts were good. Even if you slept through breakfast and wandered in to ask a question, they made sure you at least got tea or coffee. It's just a few minute walk from the Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, and Topkapi Palace. Staff were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. They remember everyone and make a point of saying hello and asking about what you've been up to. Plus, the dog is awesome.

• 24th May 2015

Antarctica Hostel

Ushuaia, Argentina

Super well stocked kitchen! They even had spices. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The staff were extremely helpful with everything from booking excursions to making ice packs for my knee when I messed it up.

• 23rd Apr 2014

America del Sur Hostel

El Calafate, Argentina

Great, helpful staff and cool atmosphere. Had an absolute blast. The rooms were clean and comfortable, lockers were secure (bring your own lock). It's a hike from the bus station (looks closer on the map, the map lies), but very good quality.

• 21st Apr 2014

The rooms were really nice and comfortable, and the bar was great. It had a really nice, comfortable feel. There are lockers in the rooms, which is great, but they creaked really loudly when you opened them. I think that some oil on the hinges or something would fix it, and it would be much nicer for guests in dorms. The hostel is a bit out of the way for a lot of attractions, but close to the train station, which is convenient.

Dear Guest, thanks for you review and for your good suggestion. we immediately fixed the lockers. Our hostel is located in the center of the old town, only 10minutes walk from both christian and catholic churches. and also 10 minutes walk from Zhanqiao Pier, to the beer Museum it is only 15 minutes by No 2 bus. Hope u have a good time at your next stop!

Ming's Dynasty Hostel

Chengde, China

We really liked it. Ming was super helpful with giving directions to places of interest and really friendly about everything. The room was really nice, but it might help if Hostelworld makes it clear that it's inside a hotel. We were a bit confused for a while. Also, no wifi, but an internet bar down the street works fine.