• USA, Female, 25-30
Elpaso Milano, Milan, Italy
26th Jul 2016

My friend and I had a great 1-night stay here. The space was SPOTLESS and very cosy--the first place I've stayed at this trip where I didn't feel the need to wear my flip flops in the shower :) -- and although we stayed during a very warm Milan evening, the room was quite cool! Highly recommend.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
Hotel Artua'&Solferino, Turin, Italy
25th Jul 2016

Perfect location and cool old building--my only quibble is that even on a super hot day the staff was unable to provide us an extra fan for our double room.

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge, Marrakech, Morocco
2nd Jun 2013

I love this hostel! So beautiful, well-located, with great solo-traveler community. Ali is very patient and helpful.

Astor Museum Inn, London, England
6.9
5th Mar 2013

The staff was unhelpful and dismissive. It was difficult to lug my bag up and down and up and down those narrow staircases (storage is in the basement, some of the rooms are several stories up). The rooms were stuffy and too small--actually staying in the largest-size room might be more comfortable than a mid-size room. But it wasn't all bad. The price is right and the location (like everyone mentions) is AMAZING and right where you want to be in London. Free tea, good internet.

Smart Place Gare du Nord, Paris, France
10th Jan 2013

The staff was terrific and very forgiving of a scheduling error I'd made. I stayed in a four-person room that was tiny and cramped--it was not even big enough for all four of our suitcases, and there were no lockers (there was a storage closet downstairs, but you have to bother reception to unlock it). Also, no reading lights for the bunk beds--really so important! But the location is good, the people are really nice, and the common room/kitchen is inviting and fun.

Dear Guest, I thank you for answering honnestly! except putting lockers in the rooms, what we can't do because of the small size of the rooms, and the small size of the rooms for what we can't do nothing, it's an old parisian building... but don't worry, the staff is here to help guests, they are not bored to help you for a safe! The person who was there at your arrival doesn't works here anymore... I invite you to contact me personally by email, I'll give you a special discount if you want to come back and see the changes we made since your last stay. what could you recommend to improve our quality? Please take a minute to answer me to my direct email address I thank you in advance for your participation!! Cécile JULLIEN, Smart Place manager.

St Christopher's Berlin, Berlin, Germany
29th Oct 2012

Great location, great breakfast (apples! pears!), great price, and nice clean bathrooms. But this hostel is actually part of a big hostel chain, so it's not really a funky/unique experience, if you're into that. It is very large and has an impersonal feel.

Hello Molly, thanks for taking the Time to send us your Review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your Stay and our Breakfast :) But we are curious where that impersonal Feel comes from? What would you like to get improved? If you have an idea - email us: berlin1@bedsandbars.com. Cheers and kind Regards from the Berlin Reception Team.

Perminalen Hotel, Oslo, Norway
28th Sep 2012

Super clean, super safe, great location--but the worst hostel I've ever stayed at for meeting people. There is no sense of community, no friendly atmosphere. At breakfast everyone sits at separate tables. This was really hard for me, traveling alone. I know there's slim pickings on the hostel front for Oslo, but in retrospect I would have chosen filth, distance, and a fun open atmosphere, over this hostel's extreme hermeticism. But it's all about your own priorities!

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge, Marrakech, Morocco
26th Aug 2012

As you will probably have noticed in other reviews, this hostel has an amazing atmosphere and location, a friendly staff, and a really sweet building--incredibly bright and colorful, with beds and lounges all over the place, and of course cool people to occupy them. I really highly recommend it if you're going to Marrakesh. The only actual issue was with the bathrooms--only two had functioning toilets, which were still somehow always clogged, and the plaster ceilings dripping from bad plumbing.

Tomato Backpackers Hotel, Turin, Italy
14th Jul 2012

Perfect in every way! Clean, quiet, well-located, with a super-friendly staff.