Lookout Lisbon! Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

We arrived late, around midnight, but we were still received with open arms and friendliness. It was pretty quiet at the time, but we still got a feeling that this is one of the better hostels you might come across in Lisbon. It's situated right up to Bairro Alto, but we didn't notice the noise anywhere inside although it was quiet lively outside during the evenings. We stayed in the 9 bed dorm which was clean and all in all a good experience compared to what you might expect from larger dorms.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

I travelled with my girlfriend and we had a decent stay. Couldn't help feeling that this hostel isn't fulfilling its potential, though. It has a great location, a friendly staff and is generally an old and charming building. Our rooms, i.e. twin private + 8 bed mixed dorm, weren't very clean, they were uninteresting at the best and the male toilets were disgusting. The service was generally allright, although you have to pay 2 pounds to borrow an adapter which just seems greedy to me.

• 29th Jan 2013

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

I travelled with my girlfriend and spent 3 nights here. We instantly felt welcome, Ali and one of his friends even picked us up at the Djema El-Fnaa on scooters and drove os back to the hostel. The rooms are nice and clean enough, though the best part about this hostel is the atmosphere created by ali and the rest. They really try to make people connect here - which sometimes could be a bit too much for my liking - but the intentions are def. good! I can definetely rec. you to go here

• 12th Jul 2012