Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 30

Bounce Sydney

Sydney, Australia

Absolutely love Bounce! I've stayed here several times. Super clean and great location. There's different social activities every night! The staff were very helpful and I had a great time with Kosta taking everybody out! I will definitely be back

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Globetrotter

The Cranky Croc Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

Great location, friendly and knowledgeable staff! It's secure that you have to be buzzed in and out of the hostel, but the rooms are open so anybody can go in any room. Lounge areas are great. Beds were very comfortable

Fulano Backpackers

Bogota, Colombia

Great new hostel. Was very social on the weekend, not so much during the week, but I will definitely go back and I'm sure they will be full as they continue to grow! Very clean, close to public transport. Free breakfast and they cook the eggs how you want them, I almost forgot I was at a hostel! Pool table, games, movie room, free computers, wifi, etc overall great place!

Students & Travellers Inn

Athens, Greece

Decent location but you can find better for around the same price or less. Not very social as there are families with little kids as well as elderly guests too. No hot water. "Luggage room" is just an open area anybody can walk by and steal from. Rooms are secure but would be nice if there were lockers inside the rooms.

Sant Jordi Alberg

Barcelona, Spain

great hostel, this was my 2nd time here

Sant Jordi Alberg

Barcelona, Spain

Excellent location, staff, atmosphere. I had a great time here and met some really great people! But, a lil pricey for a hostel, but definitely worth it

The Monkeys in the Trees

cool staff, good location, nice social vibe, would definitely come back

Hans Brinker Budget Hotel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

They try to make themselves seem so bad, but some of the staff was actually pretty cool!! Some were rude, but so was the staff at other Amsterdam hostels. Very social vibe, always full of people. Good location, easy to get to. Fairly clean, again, not at bad as they try to make it seem with their funny signs and posters everywhere! Would probably stay here again...

Hi! Thanks for your great review! We hope to welcome you again soon in Amsterdam and at our hotel!! Greetings, Hans Brinker

Hostel the Globe Center

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location in RLD and easy to get to. VERY RUDE STAFF, but then again, I've been to several hostels in AMS RLD and they were almost all pretty rude and arrogant! This place is secure, you have to keep their business card with you and wave it for them to buzz you in. Gets annoying. Smoking room was cool, chill, social vibe.

Rock N Bowl Hostel

Bristol, England

Originally booked 1 night, wanted to extend 4 extra days through Sunday. First they said they were fully booked for Saturday, so I booked through Friday. Friday comes and they say they have plenty of beds available for Saturday but they were holding them as a "power move" so they could double their prices once the other hostels in the area sold out. BAD BUSINESS. Half of the staff was completely rude, but the others were very cool and helpful! No simple medium! It is a good location and clean

Astor Victoria

cool place, only stayed for one night. but extremely hot. no AC or fan. definitely not a good place to stay when its hot out!! staff was cool and knowledgeable. good location. bathrooms were ok, nothing great but cheaper that other places around

Based on other reviews, many people liked the staff. I only booked 1 night, and it was the worst staff, completely rude. Place was filthy and very unsecure, and HOT! Only 10-15 min walk from station, not too bad, but definitely not worth the money. I've stayed at over 40 hostels and must say this has been the worst

Far Out Beach Club

Ios, Greece

I loved this place! Pool party going on from the time I arrived around 2pm! Met lots of great people. Food is a lil overpriced, you can save some money by eating down the street or in town. Also, very secluded, hard to get taxi to town to go out at night, so to avoid the long walk, I recommend taking last bus at midnight into town, grabbing a bottle or 2 with some friends, drinking it at gyro place then hit the bars and clubs around 2am when they start getting busy. I will definitely be back!

MEININGER Brussels City Center

Brussels, Belgium

My 2nd time staying here. It's clean, secure, and in a good location. Friendly & knowledgeable staff. Only downside is that it's more of a hotel, so you lose the social hostel experience

Leuven City Hostel

Leuven, Belgium

The good: Clean, secure, and great location. The bad: The staff

Abhostel

Antwerp, Belgium

Staff was nice at first. Full of mosquitos. If in a room upstairs, you must shower downstairs. Wifi didnt work. A bit out of the way, but not too far. Social, met some cool people. Everything was ok til the last day. It was 10:59 am, I was downstairs in common area with my luggage, and staff got really aggressive & pretty much said we need to get the F out by 11 or will be charged half day. I've been to many hostels and have never been to a place where we couldn't be in the lobby after checkout.

• 21st Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

Our common room is great. We understand you and all your newly made friends still wanted to enjoy it and the free drinks and the free breakfast,... But yeah, I think this is just a common sense case! We offer you a free anti mosquito thing to plug in! But ypu heve to plug it in! Keeping the terrace door closed at night also helps! Wifi works! Please if you give a review be honest! This really hurts. You even thanked us for the best hostel ever when you left!?

MEININGER Brussels City Center

Brussels, Belgium

It's more of a massive hotel then a hostel, it's so big it takes away from the hostel experience. Although a little over priced, its still nice, and the staff is great and knowledgeable. Only thing is wifi wasn't working so I had to pay 2euro for 20min computer. But its clean and in a great location, easy to walk to most sites

Check Inn HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I switched here from another hostel, it was a better value for the money! Great staff and atmosphere! Too bad I only got to stay for one night... I'll definitely be back!

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

It was clean and secure, but not the best value. And they offer free beer or soda for leaving a positive review in front of them! SMH! But it was a good location and I met some great people there

MNL Boutique Hostel

Manila, Philippines

I loved this hostel, great knowledgeable staff, beds, it was clean, very social environment! I'll definitely come back!

Our Melting Pot

Manila, Philippines

Nice hostel and staff... great location... social... just didn't like the rats and horrible odor in stairway

Lazy House

Koh Phangan, Thailand

This is my 2nd time coming here now, 2 years in a row, I love it! Great atmosphere, although it's not the cleanest place or best facilities, I think it goes hand in hand well with the full moon party!! Perfect location!

Kool Backpacker Hostel

Phuket, Thailand

Good location, fairly clean. Price is ok but dont book airport taxi or island ferry's with them when there's plenty of places downstairs much cheaper.

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Clean, very social, great location and great staff... The best beds I've slept in at a hostel. I would definitely stay here again! Cheers from DJ Kosta ((Miami))

Kayun Hostel

Kuta, Indonesia

Good location right by Legion Street and not a far walk from Kuta Beach. A lil more expensive. Food and drinks are also very overpriced when you can walk across the street and get water, food, etc for half the price. They charge 700,000 (about $70) for roundtrip to Gili Islands, you can get the same exact ticket for 400,000 down the street. Maybe they forget they're a hostel, and should cater more to the budget traveler! Staff was very friendly, and bathrooms seemed to be cleaned every hour!

Nomads Byron Bay

Byron Bay, Australia

Hostel is in a good location, but not the best value. Social nights are ok, but they take you to another hostel's social event, which is also a cheaper hostel, sooooo do you catch my drift!? My headphones were stolen from my bed, and it wasn't anybody from my room because we were all hanging out together, and 6-8 members of staff and their friends will come in rooms at a time and hang out while only 2-3 actually work and make beds.

Bounce Sydney

Sydney, Australia

Great location, best hostel staff ever, clean, secure, etc... met a lot of great people here. Great social events every day/night. Just a lil pricey for a hostel but hey its Oz, everything is more expensive here! Cheers from DJ Kosta!!

#bunk beyoglu

Istanbul, Turkey

The good: Great location, and secure. That's about it... The bad: Looks clean, but is filthy. The bathroom ceilings are full of MOLD which is unsafe to breathe in. Not very social, no activities, no help

Cheers Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Great location, right by Agia Sophia. The staff was not helpful at all when asking for recommendations on activies and places to see. Not social environment at all. I came in very quietly at about 1am one night and there was a guest in his 50's or 60's in the bed above mine and talking and giving me a lecture about how I shouldn't be out and coming in so late! hahahahaha... The place was clean, the rooftop bar was overpriced of course...

The MadHouse Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

I've been to about 20+ hostels around the world and this new hostel is by far one of my favorites! Great staff, great location, great activities. Clean, secure, fun... what more can you ask for?? I will definitely be back!! Greetings from DJ Kosta your favorite criminal radio pirate in Miami!! hahaha

Fusion Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Very nice, clean, and perfectly located hotel. I stayed in a shared room because I love the hostel experience, unfortunately at the time I went, the room was empty so it wasn't too social but the staff was very helpful in showing me places on the map to go see. I would definitely come back here to just chill at "detox" after partying hard elsewhere!

Grandio Party Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

I would never stay here ago... it's a fun atmosphere but the staff was useless, some guests were complete racist nazi's and thought it was cool and so did the staff... the place was filthy, i got attacked by bed bugs there, its one things to be a fun messy party environment, but to be filthy were it endangers the guests is not cool

Retox Party Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Great location, lots of fun, but the staff has too much fun were they forget to clean rooms so they place is pretty filthy. I would much rather going to Carpe Noctem which is from the same company, they come party at Retox some nights, but the staff is way better there like a family as soon as you get there, and party just as hard or harder than Retox or Grandio ! Retox was dirty, puke in bathrooms, dirty sheets, etc... Party at Retox and go sleep at Carpe in a clean bed!

Carpe Noctem

Budapest, Hungary

I stayed at 3 out of 4 party hostels from this company. Carpe Noctem was by far my favorite! The best staff, awesome guests, activities every night. Clean, secure, perfect location. Only downside is the stairs you have to walk up and down, but hey that's good for my fat @$$!!

Athenstyle

Athens, Greece

Couldn't ask for a better location, right in the heart of Athens and easy to get to. But, for as much activities and night life as there is in Athens, I don't understand why this place has no activities, pub crawls, night outs, etc no socialness. They just want you to go to their overpriced rooftop bar. And, the beds are somewhat overpriced too.

Egyptian Night

Cairo, Egypt

Elevator didn't work so you have to walk about 5 flights of stairs to go up and down. The bathrooms were dirty and no water pressure or hot water. The staff would only help or give advice if you were booking through them. If you didnt pay them, they would not tell you any recommendations on things to do or how to do them. Then, when you pay them to have one of their friends drive you places, the the driver insists on taking us to more tourists traps and more people demanding tips.

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

One of the greatest hostels I've ever been to! I love this place. Great chill vibe. Very social. Knowledgable and helpful stff. Clean. Secure. Perfect location. Can't ask for more!!

Lazy House

Koh Phangan, Thailand

Great atmosphere, met a lot of great people from around the world! Nikki you´re awesome! Great location, easy walk to beach and full moon party! Right in the middle of many restaurants and shops. Now to the bad... Wifi barely worked.

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Great location, great atmosphere, great people! Will definitely stay here again!

Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki

Tokyo, Japan

Laid back hostel, not much going on, even at their bar. The hostel is very clean, but I think just a little over priced. Staff was nice but not understanding. Missed my flight because of shuttle from previous hostel, emailed OVER 24 hours to let them know I´ll miss my first night, they still charged me 100% instead of 50% like their policy states. You would think that a hostel is a place catering to backpackers and travellers on a budget and they would be more reasonable.

started off bad from the time I arrived at 2:30. I didnt get checked in til 4:30. The lady working was absolutely useless and very rude, and several other backpackers had issues with her. We were interrupting her facebooking or games! Then 3pm comes and shift change, this guy Siam had me wait an hour and a half to get checked in after 11 hour flight. He only wanted to help the female guests. Pizza and beer night was a joke, not enough for everybody. Overpriced. There is better value nearby