HI-Toronto

Toronto, Canada

Disappointing as far as an HI standard. Room was a 6-bed ensuite but door was broken so rendered bathroom useless. Our main bedroom door was so noisy is constantly woke everyone up. The lock on our main door was also very hit and miss. The lounge area was insufficient with only a few seats and music blaring all day meaning there was nowhere in the hostel to sit and relax / work / Skype. Its clean, and rooms were fine. Good location but definitely not an amazing hostel.

ACBB Hostel Niagara

Niagara Falls, Canada

After an unfortunate incident on my first night involving some unwanted guests the owners went above and beyond my expectations to solve the problem. They really care about their visitors and are so knowledgeable about Niagara. All the staff are very friendly and welcoming. Rooms are clean and comfortable and bathrooms are great. Free breakfast everyday is yummy. My only suggestion for them to improve is to install some lockers. I wasnt happy about leaving things like laptops unattended

Ottawa Backpackers Inn

Ottawa, Canada

Hostel has the potential to be great with interesting character and a fantastic location. There arent enough bathrooms -I waited an hour 1 morning and then the shower I used was mould infested. The staff are all work for comm dont really seem to care too much. They have kind of taken over, laying across sofas, playing music when your trying to watch tv etc. Its a shame because essentially the hostel is nice but it doesnt create a very welcoming atmosphere

M Montreal

Montreal, Canada

Great location for walking distance to all the main sights and very close to the train and bus station. Rooms were clean and quiet. Free breakfast is great but kitchen is no where near big enough for people cooking evening meals. 1 microwave and 1 fridge simply not enough. There are small drinks fridges in the room that are convenient but SOOOOOOO noisy in the night. Room was clean but stuffy and air con was too noisy to have on over night. Friendly staff and great wifi.

HI-Whistler

Whistler, Canada

Great hostel, modern facilities and so clean. Location is ok. 7km away from the town but buses go regularly from the front of the hostel. It was quiet so couldnt judge the atmosphere fairly. My concern was lack of bathroom facilities during a busy period. 1toilet/shower per 8 beds! Other than that great stay.

HI-Vancouver Downtown

Vancouver, Canada

Good location and exactly what you'd expect facilities-wise from an HI. Breakfast was great with plenty of choices and fresh stuff everyday. There were a few activities organised by the hostel which I always try and do although generally these ones came with a fee. Staff were helpful although sometimes distracted. We were efficiently moved rooms after an issue with a roommate outside of our group which solved the problem with us, but in my opinion the offending person shouldve been moved instead

City Hostel Seattle

Seattle, USA

Great hostel with comfy rooms, and proper mattresses! Staff were the best particularly Britney who was so helpful throughout my stay. Bonus facilities: Hot-tub and movie theatre were great however the kitchens were a bit small. Luckily it wasn't too busy and people seemed to eat out a lot. Hostel is in a great location however website directions don't state how far the walk is from the train station. Its a good 6 blocks uphill which can be a bit of a struggle with luggage on a hot day

The location of this property is fantastastic. The hostel organises tours and dinners which were great but the movie nights were a bit hit and miss. The hostel is filthy. My room smelt damp and my mattress protector was disgusting. I darent look underneath. The springs in my mattress were also broken. My nearest bathroom had 1 toilet out if order, 1 sometimes working, and the showers were disgusting. Soap bacteria, mould, hair, just yucky. This hostel is not cheap - you are paying for location

Urban Holiday Lofts

Chicago, USA

Great location with easy access on the blue line train to/from airport downtown. Cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in with space lockers (padlocks to hire) Kitchen is great free breakfast a bonus. Great area for eating out nightlife. Hostel was quiet comfortable. My only complaint would be that there were 2 bathrooms on our level with approx 25 beds. Quite simply not enough and I often had to wait but this is literally the only improvement I can think of.

Duo Housing DC

Washington DC, USA

Generally good. A fair walk from the main sights but a walk nonetheless + You'll struggle to fond a hostel closer. My room was noisy as it was aside the thoroughfare to other rooms and common areas. Its a converted house so very much has that "homely" feel but sometimes a little too much. Theres a lot of rules, some a little unnecessary "no shoes" "must be fully dressed enroute to + from bathroom" Also, check in took 40mins! A full tour, rules explained + maps, leaflets etc is really not needed!

Apple Hostels of Philadelphia

Philadelphia, USA

Easily the best hostel I have stayed at in the last 14months. Clean, welcoming, practical and so much on offer. Free tea + coffee, free tours, free dinner once a week. All the little extras are what make a difference, baskets on.beds for personal items, nightlights, discounts for local attractions. I cant recommend this place enough. Thank you!

Broadway Hotel n Hostel

New York, USA

Really nice, clean and comfortable hostel. I had a twin room.which was large with lockers and storage shelves. Bathrooms were clean (water temperature was haphazard) but all in all a good stay. Wifi only works downstairs which is frustrating but comman areas are comfortable and welcoming.

Hostel Cat

Las Vegas, USA

Good location for the strip. Its a little far out but the shuttle bus stops outside. Bad location if you go on tours. I did not feel safe at all waiting outside for my pick-up. Also, Airport shuttles didnt know where it was! Staff were very helpful on arrival, not so helpful with booking tours. Rooms were clean.but cramped and hot.