Annie's Place Adelaide

Adelaide, Australia

It could be a nice place but it was seriously filthy. The room smelled so bad even after a night sleeping in there I could still smell it when I woke up. And I'm still full of bites from bed bugs (yuck). The shower was so dirty and the drain was clogged up so I stood in 5 cm deep dirty water. Seriously, how hard can it be to keep a place clean? Other than that it could be a cool place.

The mentioned blocked shower was indeed blocked with large signage on the door that stated OUT OF ORDER. Maybe guest could not read . it has since been serviced and is once again in action . Said smelly rooms are serviced but sometimes it is hard when you have 10 males occupying room with dirty socks and work clothes laying all over the room . Dorms are regularly checked and treated for bugs . If problems are reported asap staff can respond with speedy action to fix the problem .

Tatts Backpackers Adelaide City

Adelaide, Australia

I sent them an e-mail saying that I will arrive a day later and that I still would pay for the room for the missed day. This email was ignored and when i arrived they had given away my room. Not pleasant to arrive in a foreign city at 11:30 pm after over 24 hours travelling to be without accommodation. And the person behind the reception was all but helpful.

• 30th Nov 2013

U Hostels

Madrid, Spain

• 25th May 2013

Bondi Beachouse YHA

Sydney, Australia

This place was full of 19 hear old European guys who turned into surfer dudes and are there to party for 6 months. Of course that might have been bad timing. But even so, considering the high price it was an average hostel and the staff wasnt particularly friendly either (I dont blame them personally if they have to deal with this clientele every day). The name beachhouse is missleading. You have to walk 15 minutes. Not my thing but if you fit the above profile it might be the place for you.

• 29th Jan 2013

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Very nice clean hostel. Good value for money and i can say it is one of the best i have stayed in. Great place to meet people if you travel alone, large rooms, airy almost luxurious atmosphere, good restaurant. however, having said that, i found the marketing efforts on the roof terrace very annoying and somehow put down the place. The quality of the hostel speaks for itself, there is no need for stupid marketing all night long while people are drinking.And no, i will not 'like' you on facebook.

• 25th Jan 2013

we have daily different guests checking in and our guests need to be informed on our daily promotions and fun activities on the roof top, unfortunately you been staying here over a week which no surprise that you been hearing repeated promotion announcements. If you do not want to hear daily special promotions and be excited. We advise you to choose another stupid boring hostel with nothing promotion to offer.

Vuna Valley Ventures