Location: Singapore, Gender: Female, Age: 23

Apple Guesthouse

Busan, South Korea

Hostel room and toilet was clean and its location was ideal for our travels within Busan. We met two different staff during our stay and both of them were really friendly and helpful, and could communicate very well in English. There are only two showers and two toilets, which can be a little inconvenient if there are many guests at the hostel. But it was definitely a good stay and I would choose this hostel again if I were to re-visit Busan.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Second time staying at this hostel. Good location, clean rooms at a very good price. Can get a little noisy at night though.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

222 CM

Taipei, Taiwan

Rachel was really friendly and helpful. One of the best hostels I've stayed in in Taiwan. Superb location (5 minutes walk to Yuanshan MRT, 5 minutes walk to a supermarket, convenience store right across the road, 15 minutes walk to bus stop with bus to Taoyuan airport). Hostel was extremely clean. The two flight of rather steep staircase might be a problem if your luggage is heavy. But otherwise, this is THE hostel I will book for my future trips to Taipei.

Unicorn Hostel

Taichung, Taiwan

Hostel is about 20 minutes walk to Feng Chia Night Market, and 5 minutes walk to the main road with buses to Taipei Main Station and other areas around Taichung. Room was spacious and clean. The owner(?) Yoyo was super friendly and helpful, so was everyone else. The overall atmosphere was superb, great for mixing around. Only complain I had was the showers. The water pressure was pretty bad and it was hard to get constant stream of hot water.

Dear Receive your assessment, first of all thank you like unicorn About shower part, we will improve I hope next time to come back to make you feel satisfied :))

Very convenient location, just 10-15 minutes walk from Xi Men MRT station. Light bulb was faulty and they changed it immediately. Good experience overall

Excellent location. Great price. Staff was friendly and extremely helpful. Only complaint I have is the cleanliness of the place.

Formosa Backpackers Hostel

Hualien, Taiwan

Rooms were spacious and clean. Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Hostel is about 10-15 minutes walk from Hualien train station and ZhiQiang night market.

Bike Kaohsiung Hostel

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Exceptional place to stay in. One of the cleanest hostels I've come across. Owner was always friendly and helpful. Located close to the subway and one of the night market in Kaohsiung.

Broadway Hotel n Hostel

New York, USA

Located uptown so a bit far from most of the attractions in Manhattan. However, it is walking distance to the subway so it is easy to get downtown. Room is simple, a bed, lockers, and a sink. Toilets are located along the corridors. Staff was helpful and polite.

Apple Hostels of Philadelphia

Philadelphia, USA

Very clean hostel located in walking distance from most tourist attractions.

The Gershwin Hotel

New York, USA

The staff in the hostel were helpful. Location is near subway, but the streets around it looked pretty shabby at night. Pricing is great for a hostel in Manhattan, but do not have high expectations. The 2 bed female dorm was really small. But you get what you pay for. My only complaint is that the shower was not functioning well. The water was either too hot or too cold.

Q4 Hotel

New York, USA

One of the cleanest hostels I've been to. Even though it is not in Manhattan, there is a subway station nearby and you can get a transfer to about any subway line once you enter Manhattan (which takes about 5 minutes). I found this much more convenient than the 2 other hostels in NYC I stayed in, which were both in Manhattan. It is also cheaper than most places in Manhattan.

ACBB

London, Canada

One of the most affordable temporary accommodations we could find in London. Room was clean, so was the toilet. Just 5-10 minutes walk from downtown London. Kitchen was a bit dirty though.