The rooms were unbearably hot and had no aircon. The room I stayed in had about 10 people in it and there were only 2 fans, it was almost impossible to sleep in. (I wrote this in a review for a hostel in London; I got confused, it was meant to be for this one)

It didn't really have a hostel vibe. The staff basically helped cause they were getting paid to. You had to pay for pretty much anything you wanted to do. As opposed to European hostels were the staff seemed there not just to work but also to help people out and have a good time, they seemed to just be working here. It was really overpriced as well. Breakfast is fairly limited too, and the noise at night is quite loud. Wi-fi doesn't really work in the rooms.

Astor Hyde Park

Great location. The atmosphere was a bit dead though as everyone seemed to have been living there for ages so they knew each other and were a bit of a clique. The rooms were unbearably hot and had no aircon. The room I stayed in had about 10 people in it and there were only 2 fans, it was almost impossible to sleep in. Staff were friendly and the facilities are good, except for the computers which are from around 73 BC.

Jetpak Alternative

Berlin, Germany

This was BY FAR the best hostel I have EVER stayed at. Staff are great (thanks guys!) and the atmosphere is awesome. Rooms are well kept and of a modern standard. The bathrooms look more like a hotel's than a hostel's. Beer and drinks are cheap, and the fact that you can bring your own drink and have it inside is also great. I know it will look like this is biased, but trust me, there wasn't a single thing I could complain about this place.

• 2nd Aug 2012