Argentiere B&B

Florence, Italy

Excellent value for money and helpful when we arrived late (due to traffic problems).

• 15th Jul 2013

Corinne Hostel

Eilat, Israel

Great place to stay in the middle of town. Its pretty easy to get to Coral Beach with bus 15. Funny decorations. Quiet, not a party place.

• 13th Aug 2012
  • Denmark

The place is fine, location great and the host is nice and flexible. The apartment has two rooms with two double beds each (ours had also a couch) and we were also lucky the other room was vacant when we were there = more privacy. It was fine to use the apartment as a base for visiting Haifa, Acre (Akko) and Galilee, but retrospect we would rather find B&B's for visiting Upper Galilee due to the distance. Disclaimer: The host offered future discounts for a good review, which we did not accept.

• 9th Aug 2012
  • Denmark

I thank the guest for investing his precious time to give a review. All future guests can benefit from such a discussion. Some notes: I am trying to encourage guests to write a review, since we are relatively new on the market and i feel it helps for next customers to know the pros and cons of the place. I ask for a "decent review" which the guest replaced with a "good review". The issue of location rises again and again in guests remarks and i will address it now: (A) For Bahai'i pilgrims there is, probably, no better location. (B) For people that come with their car, there is no dedicated parking, so you may tackle some inconvenience. I myself when i need to come with my car can find a parking within a 100 radius all time. When you check-in or check-out and want to unpack or pack you can always park near the grocery shop for 5 minutes. (C) All other parts of Haifa are easily accessible from the apartment via public transportation. There is a good very frequent (#115) bus nearby and also taxis are abundant. Knowing the situation in other parts of Israel I can tell, with great confidence, that public transportation in Haifa is superior. Of course if my place was within a central station the easiness of moving around would be better. Would you like to rent in such a place? (D) If you come to do a specific thing, like Haifa university or Dado beach, you certainly have better closer locations. However, you have to compute the over-whole cost by yourself. Concluding: do come to visit Haifa and Israel. We love tourists and using vacation apartments as an alternative to costly hotels you can stay longer and meet your budget constraints. Yossi Strassler, CEO Dan Yishay Resort Apartments

The hostel is nice, cheap and central. Great atmosphere. One mishap though: We arrived in the middle of the night, but had in advance arranged how to do on arrival by email with the staff. Then, when we arrived the volunteers did not know anything about our reservation, which was correct from our side. First they asked if we could sleep on the rooftop, but after 30 minutes or so they found a room for us. We were very tired and had preferred the staff had their things in order. But cool place.

• 6th Aug 2012