The Fort Boutique Hostel

York, England

Internet was a bit hit-and-miss, but this was the second time I stayed at this hostel- and for a very good reason- it's the best I've ever been to. Although it can be pricey, definitely a better than any hotel at similar prices. And the location!?!! So ideal.

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

I'm giving this hostel a perfect score, not because it is necessarily perfect, but because it comes so highly recommended. The atmosphere created by the decor, music, and staff is so relaxed & comfortable. The beds are nice, free breakfast is delightful, internet connection strong. Great rooftop terrace. The staff has really gone out of their way for me- going out to get medicine when I got sick and cooking me lunch at no charge. Best hostel I've ever stayed in, others pale in comparison.

Dear April, Thanks for taking the time to write lovely things. Those seeking perfection in any aspect of life will often be disappointed! There is no such thing - which is why we as people are all different and unique, and comparably (tenuous as the connection is...) hostels too. None are perfect, but they all have their own characters, nuances and foibles - or they would all be identical and that would be a little dull! Travelling is often what the individual makes it, the rapport between guests and staff. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Best wishes from everyone at Marrakech Rouge

Hostel One Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

The hostel was located near a tram station, which can be hopped on and off for "free" to get all over the city. The kitchen is large enough to prepare meals, but there are also a few great restaurants nearby. The beds are creaky, but comfortable. When I go back to Prague, I will try a different hostel; though there was nothing 'wrong' with this one, it doesn't stand out as exceptional.

Hostel Ruthensteiner

Vienna, Austria

Although extremely close to the train station (4 min walk), it was some distance from city centre. The rooms were harshly lit, uncomfortably positioned, were stuffy & smelled of mildew. The bar in the main building was great, probably the best thing about the hostel. Staff was reasonably helpful when asked, but didn't go out of way. I would recommend looking elsewhere.

Aboriginal Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

This was one of my top favorite hostels to date. The staff really went above and beyond, it's a very cozy and social atmosphere, and we got much more than expected for the low cost-- this hostel made our trip to Budapest even better!

The kitchen was not very functional for its size (lacks equipment and utensils), but great location- couldn't be any better if you are wanting to be right in the middle of the action!

The lady who owns the hostel is so lovely, and extremely helpful-- A+!! The rooms are very cozy, especially the en suite ones! Beds a little creaky, and location seems a little far from the main part of downtown (right out on the edge of the city centre, so going out on foot will take awhile, but it is a large cityd). Really nice place, although I recommend a hostel with a better location (if staying for a few nights where you don't care to be away from the train station).

Bunkhouse

Cardiff, Wales

The only "not perfect" things about the hostel was that the internet only works downstairs & the beds are bunked 3 high-- other than that, perfection! The lobby is actually a very cute and social bar open to the public, the location is right where you want to be. The "kitchen" consists of a mini-fridge & a microwave, so you'll just have to plan accordingly, but there's a grocery store literally just across the street. Highly recommended!

Bath Backpackers

Bath, England

As low of a rating as this hostel got from me, I really did love it here! It wasn't the most clean, the staff not the friendliest, but it was cozy. The location could not have been any more perfect! The hostel had a nice feel to it and the kitchen was a huge plus to have access to. The internet didn't work for everyone up in the room, and the showers are on the basement level, but it was really a great place to stay- I will definitely stay at the same place if I go back to Bath.

Brazen Backpackers

The staff was helpful, and the breakfast fairly decent. It is close to the tube station. However, the bar it is set on top of is full of "creepy locals" that kept inviting guests of the hostel to drink with them. The bunks were stacked 3 high, and did not feel stable at all. There was no room for luggage storage in the rooms, and bathrooms were co-ed. I've been staying in hostels for a month straight now in various countries, and this was easily the worst. I'd recommend staying elsewhere.

You stayed one night!....As for locals interacting with backpackers its english hospitality! You booked a mixed bedroom so the bathrooms are shared as well but you could the middle floor bathrooms with seperate changing areas!

Equity Point Centric

Barcelona, Spain

Amsterdam Hostel Annemarie

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location- the tram literally stops just seconds out the door from the hostel and a supermarket just around the corner! Food must be kept downstairs in the very tiny common room. Your belongings must be carted up a steep, narrow staircase- for that reason, I'd recommend this hostel only if you are staying several nights. Staff can be short tempered if you don't speak Dutch or English, but very helpful and willing to share great tips with you.

Hatters Hostel- Liverpool

Liverpool, England

Ace York

York, England

This was one of the two hostels I stayed in while in York- I would recommend Fort Boutique if they have any availability open. The building is very beautiful, but feels so far out of the way from the main attractions of the town. Nothing about this hostel was just spectacular, maybe except for the free breakfast!

The Fort Boutique Hostel

York, England

Great location, right next to the oldest pub in the city and minutes from a supermarket. The kitchen and living spaces were more like that of an apartment- very nice, clean, and well decorated. Free use of laundry machines in the room. Staff can be accessed through the bar next door, but helpful if you need anything. I hope to stay here again!