Baan Klang Vieng Hostel

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Manager is a lady who will take care of your travel needs (book tours, taxi). She has a daughter and two cats. Location is very good, right next to two cheap massage places, a street next to party district, and close enough to new town (a bit of a walk to night market, but doable). Room basic, Wi-Fi is good, there is hot water, but I don't think I used it right. Pretty clean.

MIR Hostel

St Petersburg, Russia

Best location. Right on main street with direct bus to train station, but on 5th floor with no elevator. Very chill vibe. Quite cozy actually. Breakfast is decent. Staff were helpful. Room can get a bit stuffy, but i slept well regardless. Wifi can be stronger. I really like how relaxing the place felt. Only two washrooms though.

Vagabond Hostel

Moscow, Russia

Location is walking distance to Red Square and next to metro station. I got really sick from bad food on the plane and Robert and his friend gave me some medicine that fixed me in one day! So thankful. It's on the 6th floor, The hostelworld photos may need updating.

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Stayed for two nights. Decent facilities. Great location to take the airport shuttle and near the bus station. 5 to 10 min walk to main road. Would be great if they have wifi in the rooms.

Thanks for your comments. Glad you liked the hostel. We don't have wifi in the bedrooms because we want people to do it the old fashioned way and talk face to face.

Tattva Design Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Curtains, fan and light for each bed gives extra comfort and privacy. Breakfast is good. Location is close to train station and metro station.

Lost Inn Lisbon

Lisbon, Portugal

Overall, very good hostel. Love free sausage and sangria night! Staff are professional and friendly.

Port Inn

Haifa, Israel

Excellent inn. Best for this price range in the area. Loved the breakfast even though I had to pay extra. Very clean and very professional and helpful staff. I liked the decor. Only downside is WiFi in the room is not strong enough.

Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul

Istanbul, Turkey

As good as any hostel in town. Manager, Ash, was extremely helpful in outlining places to go. He has great suggestions. Pretty good location, though a bit hard to find on the first try.

Ximen Backpackers Home

Taipei, Taiwan

There was a slight stench in the room. There was no window and no common area, it's not really a hostel. Ok for the money and just one night of stay.

SoFun Inn

Taipei, Taiwan

The room is quite nice (designed by the owner) and we enjoyed our stay. We would extend it for a few more days if they had rooms. Only comment is the location is a bit hard to find since there is no signage (need to call the owner in advance), also there was a mosquito in the room that needed to be slayed. However, overall it was good value for money.

Quite pretty and decent location. Can be a little hard to find. While the room is quite nice, the dorms can use more than 2 washroom stalls and bathroom stalls.