Volver Beach Hostel

Gran Canaria, Spain

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. We booked a room with shared bathroom in their main building, but were upgraded to a room with private toilet (but shared shower) in their second building. Both buildings are located only 5 mins from the beach and town center and have AMAZING balcony views. Other than that, they had good facilities, well-equipped kitchens and the staff were super friendly! If I ever return to Gran Canaria, I'd book this place with no hesitation!

• 1st Apr 2013

Falow Hostel

Gran Canaria, Spain

The rooms are good value for money. We were not planning to spend much time at the room anyway. It's annoying that the kitchen is closed on Sun since many people might stay over the weekends (like we did). The biggest issue though, was that when we first arrived, noone was there. We waited 15 mins and then a lady gave us the key, but she spoke only Spanish. We couldn't even ask when the checkout time was, or for any help getting around in the city. Be prepared to speak Spanish if you stay here.

• 30th Mar 2013

Soul Kitchen Hostel

St Petersburg, Russia

Location, facilities, staff are excellent! Only have two comments on things that could improve: 1) The website and hostelworld states multiple times that international calls are free. When you arrive at the hostel, it turns out it's to LANDLINE numbers only. I think this should be more clear in the marketing. 2) There's a rule about silence between 23-7 but in reality, people were allowed to talk loudly until 3 am EACH night. It was extremely tough on me, who wanted to get up early in the days.

• 15th Sep 2012