6.0
27th Dec 2015

It is not what it used to be. It seems like theyre turning it into a hotel only, and applying hostel principles here doesnt work anymore. I booked a 4 people dorm exactly to avoid being alone in a room for 2 with a strange guy. Guess what happened? They "upgraded" me "for free" into a 2 people room, and put me with a guy. Totally awkward, embarassing and uncomfortable. I complained and they changed it, but only in the next day, so the situation had already happened. It lacked good sense on that.

Les Piaules, Paris, France
23rd Dec 2015

The hostel is beautiful, clean and you can see it was carefully planned. Nice decoration and the rooftop is great. The curtains and sockets on the bed were a perfect touch. Comfy bed. Staff was absolutely great, from the guys at the reception to the nice cleaning lady. The barman is really handsome, btw. Only felt like there was lacking some atmosphere, but maybe it was because of the end of the year. Being a girl alone there wasn't that fun, but I would definitely come back and recommend it.

A&O Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof, Dusseldorf, Germany
4.9
22nd Dec 2015

Not a hostel. The girl who looks like Kirsten Dunst didnt make any effort to check me in a bit earlier, as they did in the same hotel in Cologne. She seemed more focused on keeping her conversation with a guest. The place is not bad, but definitely not a good one either. Room gets cold easily and the walls could use some painting. Doesnt have any atmosphere, and it felt like I was crashing into a private party (a really boring one). A lot of business men around, not good for solo travelers.

A&O Köln Neumarkt, Cologne, Germany
6.6
21st Dec 2015

This is not a hostel, for sure. More like a cheap hotel vibe. A lot of families around. The only nice person in the staff was the Spanish girl. The others seemed bored. It is ridiculous to send a security guard to knock on the doors. I thought it was a scam and freaked out. Ironic is that he complained of me being on the phone late at night, but people kept coming back from the street being loud and noisy all the time, and no one did anything about it. Wouldnt ever stay here again. Dont go alone

16th Dec 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. So clean it smelled like soap in the hallway, I loved that. Staff was great and trustable, since I left money in the room many times while they were cleaning it and nothing was ever missing. Location is good, easy access to the whole city. Nice restaurants around and I felt safe all the time. Only problem is that the cleaning staff could stop entering the room in the mornings, where's the privacy? And I'm not sure if it's good for solo travelers.

Station Hostel for Backpackers, Cologne, Germany
5.4
15th Dec 2015

I really would like to give a good review to this hostel, because the staff was so nice. And the location is also good. But that's pretty much it. My biggest problem, out of doubt, was the mold in the room. Seriously, I had such a bad allergic crisis I am still feeling sick 2 days after leaving the place. The room had a terrible smell, like mold, chemical products and used toillet altogether. Totally overpriced if you consider that. There's also no atmosphere at all.Not to mention the wifi issue

Alcatraz Backpacker Hostel, Berlin, Germany
7.1
8th Nov 2015

The staff is really nice. Even though they don`t mix much with the guests, they usually have a smile on their faces (which is really rare in Berlin) and are helpful with informations. I read many complaints about the internet, but I had enough signal in my room (which was a private double room). The bathrooms were cleaned everyday. Could use some shelves in the shower, though. The fact they close the common area is annoying and there`s no atmosphere at all for people who are travelling alone.

Equity Point London, London, England
6.9
15th Aug 2013

Great location and nice to meet people, but only in the dorm ('cause the common area is usually empty). The staff was really nice to me, but I saw them being rude to another guy, so I can't rate that fairly. The room could be cleaner and bigger, but in general, it's ok.

Budget Backpackers, Edinburgh, Scotland
6.0
14th Aug 2013

The toilets were not really good. I couldn't heat up the water, so I had to take a cold, cold shower. The rooms were ok, the location is good and the staff too. Just one guy at the reception was a little bit impatient. Could be a little cheaper too, but that's for the whole Edinburgh...

St Christopher's Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland
5.7
11th Aug 2013

Great location and really nice staff, but that's all. The room is too small and looks dirty. Too expensive for what it's offered. Check in is extremely slow, too, since it happens only a few hours during the weekends.

Global Village, Belfast, Northern Ireland
7.7
9th Aug 2013

Great staff, nice atmosphere and I loved the common area. The only problem was that they made some bunk beds like big wood boxes, which I found claustrophobic. The thing is that I stayed in another hostel in Belfast before this one, so I can't help comparing both. But this is definitely the second best one.

• Northern Ireland, Female, 25-30
Vagabonds, Belfast, Northern Ireland
8th Aug 2013

Best hostel ever!! Great staff and nice, comfortable rooms!

Euro Youth Hostel, Munich, Germany
8.0
28th Jul 2013

Sleep Well Youth Hostel, Brussels, Belgium
8.0
6th Jul 2013

The check-in is too late. It could be at least at 12 p.m.

Hello, check-out is at 11am, check-in at 3pm. In between, the housekeeping department is cleaning the rooms. We have a safe luggage room where you can let your bags to be free to discover the city. Regards, The Sleep Well Team.

6.6
1st Jun 2013

The staff was nice and the atmosphere was really cool. But I booked a female dorm specially to feel secure, at that didn't happen, since my American roommate decided to bring a guest. We were so afraid of the guy (he could do something with us or steal us). It was the most disgusting experience I ever had. Of course the hostel has no guilt in that, but if it was a smaller place, they could check it better.