Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 27

Loki Backpackers La Paz

La Paz, Bolivia

ONE MORE NIGHT!.. ONE MORE NIGHT!.. This is what you'll be saying every morning after waking up in this hostel! We had SO much fun staying here that our original 3 night booking ended up being 7! The staff were amazing helping us out with every little problem we had, the party nights were ridiculously fun, the bar always had great atmosphere & we fell in love with everyone we met there! The best Loki we've stayed at by far. Diogo & the bar staff deserve extra mention for outstanding bartending;)

• 20th May 2015

Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

This place is simply PARADISE! The hostel setup is like beach shacks overlooking Barra Beach, but what makes it the best is the people, the awesome family vibe of the place & how well the staff look after you. I celebrated my birthday here & as soon as the hostel found out, I got absolutely SPOILT & truly had one of the best most memorable birthdays ever! We were SO sad to leave & still talk about our stay here as one of the highlights of our trip. Thanks Barra I can't wait to come back!

• 4th May 2015
  • Globetrotter

Your B-Day celebration was our pleasure Roxana! We all enjoyed your stay here. Thanks for your review and just wait til your next time!! Take care, Jim

Ô de Casa Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

A funky little hostel well located in the cool Vila madalena area. Nice big dorm rooms & a quaint setup with a little bar with cool staff who were really friendly & helpful. Security not the best as every man & his dog is able to walk into the rooms as they are not locked however the rooms have individual lockers so this wasn't really a big problem.

• 24th Apr 2015

KEX Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

Awesome location within Reykavik, literally with a view of the sea and ice-capped mountains from the bar window! Cool vibe and awesome quirky decorations around the place. Corridors a bit barren and besides the bar, not much of a common area to really socialize. Appreciated the kitchen facilities and having loads of bathrooms to choose from. Super comfy beds. Could not STAND the lack of light throughout the hostel, however this seems to be the entire city like this. Still, LOVED our stay here.

• 15th Jan 2015

Carpe Noctem Vitae

Budapest, Hungary

I loved this hostel! Real homely, clean & secure for a party hostel. Has all the things you'd have at home & more (kitchen, couches, a/c, beanbags, computers, foozball etc). Good location on a main road but not too hectic as it's on the top floor of a multi-level building (that has a lift-amazing). I was here during SZIGET so the normal activities that they run each night weren't on but reckon the place would put on a decent night out since they're a part of the party hostel chain.. RECOMMEND!

• 13th Aug 2014

Clown and Bard

Prague, Czech Republic

Staff were nice and helpful & security was decent, having a million keys to enter anywhere in the huge building. Hostel had its own bar and an outdoor garden where BBQ's were held which was a good way to socialise. Location not particularly central but well located enough to tram line to get to the main town square. Overall I didn't love the atmosphere of the place, it's pretty old, dirty, dark & drab with nothing real special going for it. Nice & cheap I guess if that's your priority..Poor wifi

• 23rd Jul 2014

Yes! Porto Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Has everything you need & ticks all the boxes. Staff are helpful and friendly. €10 dinners were great & are probably the only chance u get to really mingle with others. I only found this place lacked atmosphere or any real family vibe which I've had at other hostels. Perhaps because the common area is not so conducive to socialising despite their attempt to get everyone a shot at 11. A great hostel to stay at though, especially if youre already with friends. just wasn't as social as I'm used to.

• 12th Sep 2013

Travellers House

Lisbon, Portugal

This was my 2nd time back here,1st time I've ever revisited the same hostel as I rate this the BEST HOSTEL I'VE EVER STAYED AT! The standard is above any I've stayed at anywhere in the world. The breakfast=amazing, the location=prime, but its the nightly activities they host to get everyone socialising & the STAFF that really make this place the best. They remember everyone's names from the moment u walk in, advise/suggest activities & go out of their way to ensure your stay in Lisbon is perfect

• 9th Sep 2013

Shangri-Lagos Hostel

Lagos, Portugal

The wifi was pretty slow & sometimes the showers ran out of hot water but I didn't care coz this place was SOO MUCH FUN!! Best vibe, coolest chill-out area outside for hanging out with everyone & pre-drinking,etc. Staff are awesome and don't actually feel like staff but more like mates. Bar crawls with them were always classic. Cheap dinners were great, free cake that we could eat anytime, they even let us make brekky using their stuff if we woke up too late & missed it. Can't wait to come back!

• 6th Sep 2013

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

Loved this place! Staff were great, Valentina especially was so nice and helpful. A cute set-up in the garden where EVERYONE socialises over free Sangria every night and they even cooked the MOST delicious Paella one night I was there (must try if you stay here!) Great facilities, bar, rooftop terrace, having the kitchen was great. Place is always clean, rooms a bit crowded but easy to deal with. Great wifi throughout hostel. Nightly pubcrawls. DEFINITELY recommend for solo travellers

• 3rd Sep 2013

Pink House Tarifa

Tarifa, Spain

We only stayed here overnight but was super easy to find on the main road and had all the facilities we needed, including a nice lounge with big screen TV. Very quiet though, did not see a single other person staying here but maybe because the place is relatively new & off-peak season. Staff at check-in spoke no English which was a bit difficult but were still lovely and strove to understand & accommodate our requests/hand-signals! morning staff spoke English,were lovely. bathroom smelt a bit..

• 2nd Sep 2013

Granada Inn Backpackers

Granada, Spain

Great quality of facilities at this hostel for the price you pay. Dorm rooms have amazing modern shower & ensuite. wifi throughout building. Staff clean all day long so the place is spotless (but noticed the hand towels in the bathrooms never got changed while I was there, got pretty stinky) Didn't care much for the pub crawl or the 'free' cave tour, but that's more to do with the guy who ran them. Awesome setup with indoor terrace. All in all, top quality hostel, did lack communal vibe though..

• 30th Aug 2013

Florence Youth Hostel

Florence, Italy

Possibly the WORST hostel I've ever stayed at. Very insecure, No lockers or even shelves to put your stuff, no room keys issued or locks on doors. Rickety bunk beds, rail broke the first time I tried to get up (I'm 55kgs). Wifi never worked, the guy at the desk seemed amused when I asked why. No fans or a/c and leaving the window open means being woken every hour by street cleaners or random men yelling in street. One shower to serve all dorm rooms. No kitchen facilities. Lockout is ridiculous

• 14th Aug 2013

CCLy Hostel

Catania, Italy

Nice clean hostel with comfy beds and air-conditioned rooms. A good location right next to the train and bus stations. Staff helpful and friendly, good at recommending activities and places to eat, even cooked us a delicious cheap dinner one night. Bathroom and shower facilities clean and modern. Would recommend this place but if you're into fun & partying, maybe don't go there. Its more relaxed and families stay here too. There were no group activities or 'nights out' planned while I was there

• 12th Aug 2013

Soula Hotel

Naxos, Greece

This place has a prime location right near the beach and is only a 5min stroll away from all the action by the port. Facilities were much better than expected given that I was in a dorm room (had our own kitchenette & bathroom, a cute terrace to eat breaky on, fresh towels daily) but not the cleanest room. As a solo traveller it's not very easy to meet others here besides those in your room (this place is a hotel though so to be expected)..but still the best place to stay in Naxos in my opinion.

• 23rd Jul 2013

Youth Hostel Plakias

Crete, Greece

This cute little hippy hostel is a great place to come and relax. A good base to visit beaches and do other outdoor activities. No form of security whatsoever but I was not slightly bothered as the type of folk that visit here are 100% trustworthy (we slept with our door open every night). Nice clean comfy rooms, owner is lovely. Got taken out for a delicious Greek meal every night. (Only minor prob was no kitchen facilities to prepare our own meals). Worth the trip south for a change of pace.

• 12th Jul 2013

Rethymno Youth Hostel

Crete, Greece

I've never been so sad to leave a hostel in my life! Traveling solo is easy here as everyone hangs out together,it really felt like home- my 2 night booking turned into 5 as I struggled to leave my Rethymno family! Sasha who runs the place is the absolute best host, going out of his way to help however possible, whether giving directions, recommending activities, giving free raki shots, cooking food for me when I didn't even ask & bringing water to my bed when I was hungover! LOVED my time here!

• 12th Jul 2013

Circus Hostel

Berlin, Germany

I didn't like this hostel. It was run more like a hotel and had no character or fun vibe at all. Wasn't easy to meet people except those in your room. Toilets always filthy on my floor and without toilet paper. No A/C in really hot rooms, and leaving windows open meant you couldnt sleep due to noise from the main street outside even 4 floors up. Staff not kind or helpful, particularly with check-in. I waited 6hrs in the lobby & was not told when my room was ready. Never left a bad review b4 this

• 29th Aug 2012

Hi 5 Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

In 4 months of traveling, this was my FAVOURITE hostel I've stayed in! I was travelling on my own and picked hi-5 because the reviews suggested it would suit solo travelers. Exactly right! I felt like part of a family & felt more like I was sharing someones home, was sad when i had to leave! The guys that run the hostel organise different activities every night, so you always have something to do & they put on really cheap delicious dinners too. Awesome facilities- kitchen,lounge,games room, etc

• 25th Aug 2012

Cheers Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

I LOVED my stay at Cheers hostel! compared to other hostels I'd stayed at in Istanbul this was definitely my favourite. Mainly because the staff are so friendly & accommodating, constantly offering us tea every 2 minutes & doing what they could to improve our stay. Great facilities, free computer/internet use, clean modern bathroom/showers & a prime location with UNREAL views of the beautiful Sultanahmet skyline from their rooftop terrace. Brekky also a winner :) Thankyou Tarik I will be back!

• 24th Aug 2012

Sant Jordi Alberg

Barcelona, Spain

We were only here for one night but it was the best night! met some cool people and staff were so great and helpful. The best fun was meeting up with the other Sant Jordi hostel groups and going out to the local bars as they organise a club crawl most nights on the beachfront in Barcelona.

• 16th Aug 2012