Reviews: dadarren

Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 35

Hostel Gastama

Lille, France

I had a really great stay here while searching for accommodation in Lille. The staff were always helpful with their services. You can pay ahead for a 4 Euro breakfast (4 kinds of cereal, baguettes/jam/nutella, juices, coffees. A nice way to start the day. The kitchen on the 2nd floor is fantastic. Two stove tops, an oven, a microwave, plenty of cooking space, and two large refrigerators with freezers. Just fantastic. Plus, the wi-fi is fast in the kitchen & lounge area.

Canadiana Backpackers Inn

Toronto, Canada

Summer 2013: there is a LOT of construction going on the area, so it's a bit noisier than usual. However, the hostel is on a fantastic side-street which is quite quiet and off the major streets. We, as well as our neighbours in the hostel, found the air conditioning was far too cold and it we were not able to control it. We were freezing at night! The location is quite fantastic. Free BBQ every Tuesday night and events planned every night, so it was definitely a nice place to stay.

- Thanks for your feedback! The A/C in the rooms can always be controlled! Some of them are in the room and some of them are controlled by reception so just ask us at reception next time and we can help you out! :) Otherwise glad you had a good stay.

Hostel Giraffe

Krakow, Poland

VERY helpful staff at check-in. I was checked in and booked on a tour to Auschqitz in just a few minutes. Free breakfast in the morning (cereal, break/toast, tea/coffee, milk). Free welcome shot/drink. It seems like they don't have a solid bed/locker assignment system which could have helped avoid some confusion. I came back after a long day to find out that someone had taken my bed. The staff were very helpful in putting me in a new room.

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

The hostel was very nice & clean. I don't think the bedding needs to be wrapped in plastic each day. It seems very wasteful. The Welcome Drink was really appreciated. Front desk staff, though overwhelmed with how busy the hostel is, were always great at helping out. But they could maybe use an extra staff member during the busy times because I felt bad for them! They were working so hard.