Unplugged Hostel Pocitos

Montevideo, Uruguay

Had a great time here, lots of asados (which are amazing, by the way) and the staff are so friendly. In a great location very close to the beach with supermarkets, bars, restaurants and clubs close by. Would definitely recommend this hostel - I have now stayed here longer than I can count, and will be going back again soon!

Favela Chic Hostel

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

I had such a lovely time here - I came here alone (I normally travel with friends), and everyone was so welcoming. Nick was so nice and friendly, and it has a nice vibe with a bar and hammocks. Nick really makes an effort with each person to make sure they get the most out of not just Iguazu Falls but the town of Foz do Iguacu. I'd really recommend staying here, PLUS you get sausages and tomatoes for breakfast. Yes, go brits!

Was recommended this hostel by a friend but didn't realize there were two hostels. I think the other one is better, or at least I hope so. The man that works night shifts was always with his girlfriend and they weren't very friendly. We were watching a film in the sitting room and he came in with all of his Peruvian friends to have pre-drinks, so we couldn't hear anything of the film. Good location, and nice concept but not good vibe.

Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

There weren't many people there when I stayed there (probably because it was in Feb when the Inca Trail is closed), but I loved this hostel. Very secure with a security man, very good lockers with chargers within each one, TWO pillows, comfy beds, a great bar with board games and lots of yummy food, located just around the corner from the main squares. They also have a tourist office in the hostel, and a card machine - perfect for lazy days!

Hostal Cruz de Popayan

Sucre, Bolivia

Not very friendly staff but nice enough place.

Perfectly standard hostel in Bolivia. They let me live on their sofa for a few days while I was suffering from bad food poisoning. You do not need to spend more than one night here - there isn't much to do in Uyuni apart from the salt flats (which are incredible!)

7 Duendes Base Hostel

Salta, Argentina

Stayed here just for one night, but the hostel and staff were friendly and helpful enough. A bit far from the center, but within walking distance of the bus station.

Pax Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I do love this hostel - the kitchen might not be perfect but it is still perfectly fine for you to be able to cook the standard travelling meals. The staff are really friendly, you get eggs for breakfast, with oranges and a squeezer so you can make juice. A nice change from the standard bread and jam/dulce de leche! It's in a good location right by the subte (metro), and the bottom bunks have curtains which makes it that much more private. It's my second time staying here, and I'll be back soon!

Hostel Casa Verde

Ilha Grande, Brazil

I had a lovely time here over Christmas. It is in such a nice place just a bit away from the town, and it felt very homely. Could not have been in a better place for Christmas. Neia is so friendly, and will go out of her way to make you feel comfortable. Not your normal standard hostel, stay here if you want something a bit different. Thank you Neia, we had such a lovely time! Lucy and Ted

Backpackers House Paraty

Paraty, Brazil

Best breakfast in South America!!! Great location near supermarket and bus station, but not far from main town. Friendly staff. Definitely recommend!

Backpackers House Paraty

Paraty, Brazil

BEST BREAKFAST EVER - I still have dreams about it. Just round the corner from the bus station, with friendly staff and nice atmosphere.

Floripa Surf Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

Nice place right next to the beach in the really nice town of Campeche, though I couldn't help but feel that the owner tried to rinse us for as much money as possible. Apart from that, it was great.

Kaza Rio

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I stayed here twice, and the private dorms are nice (although pretty small). Staff are friendly, though quite far location wise to everything apart from Lapa. Would have rather stayed in Ipanema/Copacabana but it was all full.

Unplugged Hostel Pocitos

Montevideo, Uruguay

Had a lot of fun at this hostel, all of the staff are lovely and the hostel has a great feel to it. It's very clean and tidy, with a great bar and nice kitchen. Rooms are of a good size. would recommend it to anyone, Pocitos is a great area with lots of restaurants, bars and clubs close by!