Reviews: leicestergav61904

Location England, Gender Male, Age 30

8th Apr 2013

I was very impressed by this hostel. The rooms were very cheap but excellent compared to many others of a higher price range. The staff were very friendly and helpful, one of them even came with us to Snake Village and helped us pick a snake and order the food. So useful having someone who speaks Vietnamese! The hostel is located just opposite the main lake and within 5 minutes’ walk of the backpacker streets where you can buy good street food and lots of souvenirs.

An Hoi Hotel, Hoi An, Vietnam
5th Apr 2013

This hotel is right on the river, very close to the main bridge. It's on the opposite side to the main part of the old town of Hoi An but only takes a few minutes to walk, and there are lots of restaurants on this side anyway, as well as lots of cool lantern stalls. We arrived late and knew which tailor we wanted to go to (Kimmys - pricey but quality) and the guy on reception organised a free taxi for us. He also drove me on the back of his motorbike as the taxi only had space for 7 (8 of us).

Hiem Mai Hotel, Nha Trang, Vietnam
7.4
3rd Apr 2013

Hiem Mai is down an ally but don't be put off, it's actually a really good budget hotel. We stayed in a large group and had 3 seperate rooms between us. They were all clean and of a decent size. The breakfast was good (for the price). The only issue we had was that you have to leave the keys at reception and then pick them up when you come in. They once gave me someone elses key by mistake, which wasn't a problem for us but I wouldn't want someone else being given the key to my room!

Suneta Hostel Khaosan, Bangkok, Thailand
7.7
16th Feb 2013

We only stayed here for one night but I was quite impressed. Each person had their own lockable cabin. Inside there was a tv, light and air con. I was fairly happy in mine and I'm 6ft5. The only issue for me was that you can't lock them from the inside, which means someone could have opened it during the night, or even worse they could have locked us in whilst we were sleeping. Neither of these things happened but it was a little odd to know that they could have. Other than that I'm very happy!

• England, Couple, 25-30
The Travel Hub, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
6.0
11th Aug 2012

It's a very average hostel. People in there seemed nice enough but it was all a bit too relaced for us, stff didn't seem too bothered, and came across as being a little rude. The entrance took ages to find and when we did find it couldn't get in for a while, door bell not working. The private room was ok but small and didn't have anything oither than a bed.