Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 32

They don't accept credit cards for payments less than $80. At $20 per night in the dorm, i'd have to stay at least 4 nights to use my card. Provided a key but found the dorm door unlocked every time i came back and no one inside. The last night, the 12-bed dorm had around 18 people inside because the staff put in more mattresses on the floor to maximise profit, even when i asked if i could stay on a fully-booked Saturday and they refused. Party hostel. Nothing more.

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

A great hotel for the price. The rooms are nostalgic but clean and in perfect working order. The bed capsules are comfortable, private and quiet enough to get a great nights sleep. The onsen/sento and sauna is great, although the water could be a little hotter. Panaramic rooftop view of the river and Asahi building. It's very clean and there are too many reviewers reading 'hotel' in the title and expecting the Ritz. For the price, it's the best in Tokyo!

• 11th Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

Good beds and clean dorms but suffers from the one above rocking the one below. Mosquitoes are rife. They have nets covering the windows but people don't use them - opening the window fully and unprotected. Same for the door. Good security with a keycard but people leave the door wide open. Pointless. Showers smell of drains. The girl on reception who works in the morning is hopeless, with the one in the evening is better.

• 18th Feb 2013
  • Globetrotter

Loud people in the bar (next to the rooms) until late. Can't sleep. Bunks above wobbles the bed below. Wi-fi is a joke. Too many home comforts to protect those who like the idea of travel if everything was like home. Not a hostel for real travellers. No character and terrible service. I waited over 1 hour for a watery-bowl of porridge! The food is terrible quality and overpriced. They forgot my order more than 3 times. In the end, I got foot poisoning (sickness & diarrhoea) from the hostel food

• 15th Feb 2013

Enjoy Inn

Lijiang, China

Nice place to stay. Comfortable beds. Staff are nice and helplful. A little cold at night because it's open plan and only one shower. It was ok when I was there because the hostel was empty but when it's busy, I can see it being a problem. Dorm with a view is a little noisy at night being next to the street but can't be helped.

• 11th Feb 2013

Trippers Carpe Diem

Yangshuo, China

Initially, I was only going to stay for 2 nights but ended up staying for 2 weeks. I've travelled all over China for the past 3 months and this is the best hostel in China by far. The perfect place to relax, chill-out and do nothing. Food is amazing. Try Breakfast Set B and the Double Cheeseburger with Belgian fries. A good place to have a rest from "ordinary" Chinese food. Beds are comfortable and staff are superb. It's out of Yangshuo town but that's why it's better! Calm and peaceful.

• 20th Jan 2013

Green Forest Hostel

Guilin, China

The hostel staff were friendly. The hostel itself is pleasant. I only stayed for one night (arriving at night) before leaving the next morning. Showers weren't great and awkward to use. The place was clean and beds were comfortable. I took the hostel's river boat cruise which I found was way overpriced and rather underwhelming.

• 18th Jan 2013
  • Globetrotter

hello, Thanks for choosing us and give ud the feed back, we will keep the hard work and make here to be the best, and for the river boat we sure that is the best deal in gulin, thougt, difirent riverboat will goes difirent way, we always choosing the best way for our guest here. have a nice day. Best helen

- No air conditioning. Freezing cold inside the hostel. Our window was broken and constantly open and had to be "fixed" with sellotape. - Uncomfortable beds (you can feel every spring). - No hot water in the shower. Warm at best. - Wi-fi and wired Internet connection was extremely slow and some times just cut out. - Noisy guests way after 11pm. Hostel staff didn't control it. The walls are paper thin. Sounds like next door's party is in my room. + Hostel can book train tickets.

• 14th Jan 2013
  • Globetrotter

The hostel was nice but the boat trip they sold was clearly overpriced! I had friends who got it much cheaper by finding the tickets themselves. TIP : Buy a package down at the pier, with the sights included as the paying for the 4-day trip and then the sights separately is too much. The boat was in very poor condition.

• 29th Dec 2012
  • Globetrotter

An excellent hostel!!! The best in Xian The staff are really friendly, helpful and easy to communicate with. They will bend over backwards for you. We had a lovely private view room which was very nice and warm with a good shower. The bar and restaurant is a really cool place to hang out and use wifi. The staff made this hostel what it is. A pat on the back for them. So good, I couldn't convince my girlfriend to leave the hostel for Hua Shan!

• 24th Dec 2012
  • Globetrotter

A nice hostel in a good location. The beds are comfortable. The showers are nice and hot (when they work). Bob is very helpful for information and advice on getting onward train tickets. Good location, right in the centre of the walled city. Unfortunately, a power cut on the last day meant there was no food or drink, hot water or wifi! However, this isn't the hostels' fault.

• 22nd Dec 2012

Home Hostel

Beijing, China

Staff are what make this place. They go out of their way to really help you. It's not always useful information that they give you but their heart is in the right place. Our private room was a bit grubby and bare. Air-conditioning was broken for 1 day and no hot water for 2. Takes about 10-15 mins for hot water. Switch it on early. A waste of water though! Free drinking water (also heated) is a plus. Nice bar area to sit and chill out. Other than that, just a very average hostel.

• 16th Dec 2012

Sunpath Mongolia

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

Doljma & Batcha are excellent hosts. They're very helpful and friendly. We planned our own customised trip with them. It's highly recommended but be warned that you will pay for accommodation on your last day for both the trip AND the hostel. The hostel is small and cosy albeit with one bathroom for toilet and shower. When there are over 20 people staying, this can be a problem. Free pickup and drop-off from/to the station. Laundry is very overpriced. Better than UB Guesthouse & Golden Gobi

• 28th Oct 2012

Irkutsk City Lodge

Irkutsk, Russia

The hostel is of very high quality. The beds are amazing and the the cooking and showering facilities are probably the best I've seen from a hostel in Russia, but this is NOT a hostel It's a "boutique hotel" as they describe it. As a result, BEWARE! There are extra charges for staying longer than check-out, even if you wait in the lobby style lounge. Expect to pay more than the advertised cost as there are many "hidden" fees. Make sure you are fully aware of all the rules and costs before.

• 16th Oct 2012
  • Globetrotter

Dear, James, thank you for your comments. Remind our regulations, check-out is at 12 o'clock, so if you don't take off your linen before this time, you automatically pay for next day. As for staying in the lobby, it is free. Other free options of our hostel: 2 towels per one person, linen, slippers, all kitchen utensils, Wi-Fi, TV. As for chargeable options, they are transfer, excurtions/ tours and laundry. According to other comments, we should explain our location. Our hostel is not far from city center, it doesn't take more than 5 minutes,no matter what type of public transport you take (bus or tram). We do our best to make your staying comfortable and unforgettable.

Titmouse House

Krasnoyarsk, Russia

The hostel has comfortable beds, a decent shower. The staff are friendly and helpful. Thank you to Anastasiya and Dennis for trying to help me with my train troubles :)

• 13th Oct 2012

Taiga Hostel

Tomsk, Russia

Not possible to get to the hostel without calling. No signs even on the building door. Directions send you the wrong way. NOT A HOSTEL. A tiny apartment, cramming 10 beds into two small rooms. A tiny foyer connects the two for the receptionist to sit. No common area. Bring your own towel. NO REAL COOKING FACILITIES. A toaster and microwave don't constitute these. Natalia didnt speak English so I had to go to 8 Floor Hostel for info on Tomsk in English so wasted more hours running around.

• 11th Oct 2012

MetroHostel

Novosibirsk, Russia

Impossible to get into the hostel if you can't call!!! It's an apartment in a secure block with a gate. You can't use an intercom to call the hosel. Buy a Russian SIM card before you visit. Some landlady screamed at me that there was no hostel but there was. Staff are friendly but very unorganised and not helpful. They don't speak very good English so it's difficult to ask for things or information. The hostel staff didn't understand I was outside and I wanted to come in.

• 9th Oct 2012

Meeting Point

Yekaterinburg, Russia

Katya is very friendly and really helpful. .She will help you with anything you need to know for Yekaterinburg. If you need to know anything, ask her. Unfortunately, I only stayed one night. The hostel is a little overpriced in comparison to other hostels in other cities, but if you really want to visit Yekaterinburg, I recommend you check out this hostel.

• 7th Oct 2012

Gorky 6 Hostel

Kazan, Russia

Comfortable beds, nice and friendly staff, good facilities. Recommended hostel in Kazan.. Although I recommend not to visit Kazan until next year because the ENTIRE city (serious) is covered in scaffold, It's all under construction for University Olympics 2013. But if you must, go to Gorky 6.

• 3rd Oct 2012

Funny Dolphin Hostel

Sevastopol, Ukraine

Yuri wasn't around very often but was helpful when he was. The hostel doesn't have a common room but the kitchen is ok. Again, another apartment claiming to be a hostel but it's what to expect in Ukraine. They have a good selection of tea and additives for it. The beds are comfortable, the place is clean and all other facilities such as the shower are good.

• 21st Sep 2012

The Red Cat

Donetsk, Ukraine

The hostel is very comfortable and the staff are very helpful with any request. It's essentially, an apartment with a few rooms but the place is comfortable. There isn't really a common room, and only a kitchen, but it's a cool place to hang out.

• 18th Sep 2012

The Kosmonaut Hostel

Lviv, Ukraine

I stayed at the hostel for 1 night but they were happy to let me wait around the next day for my night train. Svyatek and Sophia are really friendly staff. The hostel was very quiet when I was there and peaceful if you need a rest.

• 13th Sep 2012
  • Globetrotter

I had an excellent time at the hostel. Julia is a really friendly and nice girl, who is easy to communicate with. The beds are really comfortable and the hostel has a great style. If I'm ever back in Lviv, I'd stay here again.

• 8th Sep 2012

JUFA Salzburg City

Salzburg, Austria

Just an average hostel, really. Facilities (showers, toilets) are just ok. The best thing about the hostel is the breakfast. A wider than average variety of ingredients to choose from. Beds are comfortable. Staff feedback is mixed. Staff members like Johanna were really friendly and helpful, always smiling. One member in particular, Valerie (blonde one), was completely miserable and always abrupt and impolite. It was clear she didn't want to be working there at all.

• 18th Jul 2012

Euro Youth Hotel and Krone

Bad Gastein, Austria

This is the best hostel I've stayed in on my trip so far. An amazing hostel/hotel in a perfectly situated location just across the street from the train station. The staff are really friendly and extremely helpful with any requests. I was given a free upgrade to a single room from a dorm because they weren't very busy at the time. Excellent facilities. A big Spar supermarket is located just next door to the hostel. I highly recommend the bahnhof (train station) restaraunt across the street.

• 16th Jul 2012

SnowBunnys

Kitzbuhel, Austria

SnowBunnys is one of those few "traditional" hostels left in the World and a great place for hikers in the Summer and boarders in the Winter. Dave is a nice host, who's not always around, but that's not normally a problem unless you really need to contact him. English satellite TV (Sky Sports) is an addiction! And free NUTELLA for breakfast! Relaxing and comfortably-chilled atmosphere and two big hills (Kitzbuheler-Horn & Hahnenkamm) on either side of town to hike up.

• 13th Jul 2012

Alp King Hostel

Kitzbuhel, Austria

The hostel claim to offer a free pickup from the train/bus station. I e-mailed them to confirm this, but on the day of my arrival they told me they couldn't pick me up because their staff decided to go to a wedding in the Czech Republic, taking the car with them!!! With no other way to get there (as the buses only run until afternoon), I decided to stay at the SnowBunnys Hostel and had an excellent time!

• 13th Jul 2012

Youthhostel Montreux

Montreux, Switzerland

The hostel is not too far away from Territet station. A 5 minute walk. It's in a great location to explore beautiful Montreux and the staff are really friendly and helpful. The breakfast is just like every other HI Hostel breakfast.

• 22nd Jun 2012

Flamingo Hostel Zakopane

Zakopane, Poland

Excellent stay, once again. It cannot be beaten. The beds and rooms are extremely comfy, the free breakfast is excellent and the receptionists are as helpful as they are beautiful! :-) Highly recommended.

Hosteller

Bled, Slovenia

A nice quiet hostel away from the centre.. The hostel facilities and beds were good. The owner was a nice and helpful guy one minute, then the next he could be really confrontational. He was helpful in giving info on where to go and what to do, but then argued which empty beds we must take in the room and accused of using all the soap in the bathroom! Overall a nice stay. However, NO KITCHEN! A big minus and something travellers really want to have. If it had a kitchen, it'd be great!

• 23rd Jul 2010

Thank you.

Aladin hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

We stayed 1 night and called the hostel for the free pickup, but nobody came to collect us. We had to take a bus and work out the system. As a result, we arrived really late, having to leave very early the next morning. I spent 4 EUR on a roaming phone call and still no pickup, plus price for bus tickets meant we could have stayed in a closer hostel to the station and paid a little more. Nice hostel and helpful staff (once we arrived). Good wifi but rooms seem to smell of feet!

• 22nd Jul 2010

Hostel Dino

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Nice place but the hostel description is not true! There is no air conditioning in the private room! We boiled to death, it was so hot. We were not offered an alternative room. WARNING: The hostel charge a TOURIST TAX of 1 EUR. It was not described on site before we booked, only when we arrived. The staff are nice, hostel clean and good location. There is no common room and wifi internet is turned off at 23:00 until 09:00 next morning.

Hostel Anton

Tivat, Montenegro

Hostel directions are wrong. The hostel was very dirty. Not cleaned during our stay. The owners were very lazy to clean the place. The kitchen bin overflowed for 3 days. Staff smoked inside the hostel. The window in the double room opens fully or not at all. Have your things stolen or boil to death. Breakfast consisted of bread & butter. WiFi conveniently broken during our stay. Receptionist argued for claiming deposit back for last night even though we cancelled more than 48hrs in advance.

Sobe Mara

Dubrovnik, Croatia

It\'s a mountain expedition from the beach to the guesthouse. This place is only for the very physically fit. We were lucky, others might not be as much. For what it is, it\'s extremely expensive, given its far location. The double room is nothing special. Basic but clean. No sea view. No real cooking facilities. The host does not speak any english so beware.

Hostel & Guest House SA

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Overall a pleasant stay. The staff were nice & helpful if you have questions but sometimes there can be no-one there. The hostel is very small, the bathroom is just TOO small. A nice cosy lounge upstairs and the bigger dorm is much better than the smaller ones. Much more room and a spectacular view at night. The biggest problem is the WIFI here. It didn\'t work. There is a bandwidth limit and some British southerner (idiots darn sarf) thought it was a good idea to download torrents! Cheers.

32 Romulus

Timisoara, Romania

AWFUL! NOT a hostel! If you book the dorm, you can't use anything. No kitchen, no fridge, no cutlery. You aren\'t allowed to sit in the courtyard chairs. Dorm guests are only allowed to sit out of sight of \"real paying\" guests. WIFI doesn\'t work here. Water switched off EVERY TIME I had a shower. Very dirty room, wasn't cleaned. The manager is very abrupt, unfriendly and not helpful. Only tourist info given was where to meet girls! No security, gate always open. Avoid this place at all costs!

`My friend, options are writen on the hostelworld page !! so: WE DON`T HAVE KITCHEN, NO CUTLERY !! FRIDGE IS INSIDE THE ROOM !! YOU CAN SIT IN THE COURTYARD, THERE IS A PLACE FOR HOSTELS CUSTOMERS!! GATE HAS OPEN, BECAUSE YOU LET IT SO!! WE HAVE 3 GATES AND ALL OF THEM ARE CLOSED!!

Dor de Bucovina

Campulung Moldovenesc, Romania

OK place to stay but DO NOT accept anything offered to you by the hosts, even if you think it\'s a complimentary drink! Everything has a price on your bill. I was begged to have a drink with the hosts on my arrival to find it was added to my bill when I left. Same for snacks offered, and a packed lunch which consisted of one bread roll with jam, costing 4 EUR! No English spoken by the hosts so it will be difficult. Good mountain walk close but the monastaries have to be hitch-hiked to.

Thanks for the feedback ! You paid 2 euros per night, due to error we had in the booking system. Even if you stayed almost for free for 2 nights we respected the booking and we assumed our mistake. You wanted the food for free also which is something unbelievable. The issue with the sandvich is an exageration. Date Acknowledged Room Persons: Price 8th Jun '10 N/A small room 1 EUR 2.00 9th Jun '10 N/A small room 1 EUR 2.00 Service Charge: EUR 0.00 Total Price inc. Service Charge: EUR 4.00 10.000% Deposit

Cobwobs Hostel

Sighetu Marmatiei, Romania

Promised a pickup from train station but no show. Problematic stay throughout. No WIFI as advertised. Rob, the owner, was hardly ever around during my stay. Every time I needed some information, he was never there. No rental bikes available as all are broken. Offered us a BBQ one evening and then told us to make it, buy all food and coals. BBecause the owner wasn\'t there, the hostel wasn\'t locked, it wasn\'t very secure. Not a good location. You have to hitch-hike to all nearby sights.

I did try and pick this guy up from the station but didnt find him. Our wifi is now functioning and the bikes are ready to go. As for the hitch hikeing its very normal to hitch hike around Maramures as the buss are infrequent. People will always pick you up if you hitch from the correct points in the town. We dont lock the hostel at night and in three years its never been a problem, if we lock it this means we have to impose a curfew as i work this place alone.

Felinarul Hostel

Sibiu, Romania

An excellent stay with Heilan and Nell. The hostel was very nice and cosy. Excellent location for an excellent night\'s sleep. A free bowl of Muesli and a cup of tea in the morning is also helpful to start the day. I highly recommend this as the best hostel to stay at in Sibiu if you want a chilled out atmosphere and a relaxing time. If you\'re looking for all night benders and binge drinking, try elsewhere.

Aqualand

Poprad, Slovakia

I had an excellent stay at Aqualand, which was my second stay since 3 years previous. The hostel is modern and has excellent facilities. The dorm is very big and nice and really comfortable beds. They have wi-fi and internet available. The place is very clean and the staff are really nice and helpful. I look forward to going back again.

• 25th May 2010

Flamingo Hostel Zakopane

Zakopane, Poland

One of the best hostels to stay in. The lowest priced hostel I\'ve ever been to. The staff are amazing and friendly. Excellent free breakfast, super clean and facilities are magnificent. Even with the bad weather, it was great just to relax in the hostel at any time. Felt like home ... but better! Many thanks to all the staff, who made it a joy to stay. Biło super. Dziękuje bardzo. Będe powr√≥t na żima.

Tatamka Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

Great hostel, excellent, friendly and helpful staff. Good price for room, very clean and excellent kitchen. I really enjoyed my stay and hope 2 stay again.

Lub d Bangkok Silom

Bangkok, Thailand

A very nice and modern hostel. Only used for one night as I was flying out of Bangkok the next day. The one main problem is mosquitoes. They are EVERYWHERE in the hostel!! I haven't seen this many on my whole travel through SE Asia!!

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

It was a nice stay at the hostel. Breakfast, facilities, staff, all ok. No complaints. The best thing was the shower. The best shower ever in a hostel. :-)

The Golden Buddha, Sarnath

Varanasi, India

No electricity and hot water for the whole day. Any food ordered takes at least an hour to receive. My first room was very dirty but I was given a better one for no charge.

Hotel Mount Heera

Chennai, India

The rooms were satisfactory but only for one night. The staff were not very helpful.. I asked them the night before to book my free airport transfer and in the morning, it never came. They ordered a riskhaw and tried to make pay for it.

Hotel Taj Plaza

Agra, India

Horrible place. Food is terrible. Mine had flies in it. Rooms were filthy, swaring with mosquitoes. Staff did not help with even the smallest request. The view of the Taj is not actually very good. It is very far away and there are other hotels with much better views. The hotel were very pushy for me to book travel transport through them so they could get commission. They would not help otherwise.

Krishna Palace

Jaipur, India

Very nice hostel. The owner gave me a double room for the price of a single because my room was already taken. Nice food, good staff, very helpful. Well recommended.

MixMix Hostel

Vladivostok, Russia

I had to pay twice as my payment was \"lost\" or \"not received\" for both my second nights stay and two laundry washes, according to staff. This dampened the whole experience.

Baikal Ethnic Hostel

Ulan Ude, Russia

The WORST HOSTEL I\'ve ever stayed in. Advert says 24h reception. All day, no-one was there. This caused massive problems with security, help and assistance. Also told FREE Internet and Wi-Fi. Not free Internet and NO Wi-Fi. Free pickup from station but 100rub to get back. Our friend arrived 1 day later and when we found staff they refused to collect him from station. We had to go. On advert it says free washing, free lockers. No lockers, washing 100rub. Hostel was not cleaned for my entire stay.

The Fisherman's Guest House

Olkhon Island, Russia

In the end I didn\'t stay here after going somewhere else, but the lady was very nice. The place was clean and welcomly warm. It has an outside toilet, but the banya looks to make up for this.

Baikaler Hostel

Irkutsk, Russia

Excellent, helpful and friendly staff (thanks Masha) made it a real joy to stay here. Everything else was great, no complaints at all.

Godzillas Suzdal

Suzdal, Russia

An excellent hostel. Brand new, not yet complete. But it is amazing. An included breakfast would make it almost perfect. I know it\'s off-season but English-speaking staff are very much needed here. Because I speak Polish and some Russian I got by, but others will struggle. Also, MOST IMPORTANT!! The bus ride is not 3 - 4 hours but at least 5, which could be 6 or 7 hours. Moscow traffic was horrendous and I almost missed my trans sib train havng to run after it at the platform to get on!

GBT-Hostel

Ulan Ude, Russia

Didn\'t stay in the end, but popped in to tell them I was cancelling and staying with some friends instead. Even though I didn\'t stay, staff were lovely people and very nice to me and friendly. What I saw of the place was very nice, more ideal for couples or people wanting some peace and relaxation. A good place to stay if you\'re on the island.

Chocolate

Moscow, Russia

I had a really pleasant stay in the Chocolate hostel Extra friendly and helpful staff. TThe only problem I had was with check-in. I wasn\'t aloud to go into the room early in the morning (around 7am) which is understandable. However, during my stay, new guests were being allowed in around 2am whilst I was sleeping. Other than, fantastic. Although, no chocolate was actually made! :-(

Minsk Accommodation

Minsk, Belarus

This is not a hostel. It is a flat. It has a great old fashioned look, but is located far from the main city centre. It is a 3 bed dorm, all beds in the same room to clear some other The hostel was not cleaned in the 5 nights I stayed there, however. Because it is a flat, you will have to look for your own entertainment.

Hostel Kiev Backpackers

Kiev, Ukraine

The hostel is basically a flat. This means two showers and one toilet. The beds were comfortable for a good nights sleep. Natasha the receptionist, was very helpful and a really nice and friendly girl. However, she is the only receptionist! All day, every day! Marcus the hostel manager, is a great and helpful guy. Unfortunately, one night the hostel was completely unstaffed as both Natasha and Marcus were away! Not good if someone needed help or assistance, or even worse, some emergency!

TIU Backpackers Odessa

Odessa, Ukraine

The hostel is basically an apartment This means one shower and only two toilets. However, the a place is very nice, clean and modern. Aricio was the star of the place. He is a great host, and will strive to always help you no matter what request.

The Kosmonaut Hostel

Lviv, Ukraine

A great atmospheric hostel to stay at. The staff were really helpful. There were no lockers but the place seems safe enough. A big thanks to Eddie for sending me my clothes that were accidentally left behind. Went completely out of his way to help.

Tiu Kiev Backpackers

Kiev, Ukraine

Great place I would recommend it to everybody that likes fun.

New World St. Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

What was meant to be a 3-day stay to collect VISA\'s, turned out to be a 1 month stay at the hostel and settling in Warsaw, with a flat, job and new life, thanks to New World St. Hostel! The staff are the most friendly people you will ever meet, who have become my closest friends here. Always willing to help whether it to be show you the information you require, or a good time in Warsaw! The hostel is perfectly located to where it\'s all happening, right on Nowy Swiat! The hostel itself is a modern and vibrant place to be. The atmosphere is cool and relaxing, where you can take life at your own pace. The breakfast, especially at the weekends, are something of a must. Try the pancakes made by the hostel owners themselves! It\'s no wonder why New World St. hostel is still voted #1 hostel in Warsaw.

Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab)

Brussels, Belgium

Nice place. Location is a little bit of a bus journey. The beds were in need of a little repair. The rooms basic. Security needs to be improved as the lockers were falling apart.