Hostel Villa Mary

Taganga, Colombia

They did not have my reservation when I arrived, and I had made the reservation assuming that I had an airconditioned room. While everything worked out in the end, and they gave me the room I thought I had paid for, I had to spend a lot of time talking to various people and was treated as if it was my fault they didn't receive my reservation. The room was not very clean, even by colombian hostel standards, and I felt as if the staff was in different to the troubles I was having.

El Viajero Cartagena Hostel

Cartagena, Colombia

Some staff very nice, others extremely rude. If you are not going to allow AC use during the day, you should consider putting fans in the rooms.

Hostel Poblado Park

Medellin, Colombia

Noise was an issue in this hostel. Because people are not constantly manning the front desk, they have rigged a bell to ring throughout the hostel when someone wants to enter. While they have people call the hostel if they would like to enter after midnight, they didnt seem to have a morning control. The bell would be ringing early in the morning as people began exploring. Also, soundproofing is not good. If people are talking in the hallway then they are clearly heard in the rooms.