Reviews: Autumo

Location Canada, Gender Male, Age 23

• Canada, All Male Group, 18-24
Memory Guesthouse JB, Johor Bahru, Malaysia
2nd Jan 2016

We loved our stay at Memory guesthouse! Roger, the owner, definitely made a huge impression on myself and my friend and his hospitality and kindness made our stay. The location is a nice walk from JB Sentral and close to a really delicious + cheap restaurant (ask Roger for the name). All in all, I would definitely stay here again if I were to go back to Johor Bahru. Thanks Roger :D

• Canada, All Male Group, 18-24
The Hive Singapore Hostel, Singapore, Singapore
31st Dec 2015

I stayed two nights at the Hive Hostel in Singapore. It is a really good location as it's close to the Boon Keng mrt station which will take you all over Singapore. Has some good restaurants near by. Singapore is expensive to begin with, so I guess $25 for a hostel dorm w/ breakfast included is standard in Singapore. The showers have excellent pressure and hot - but the facilities need to be fixed. Lots of door locks broken for the showers - toilets a bit dirty. A/C broken in room. Breakfast ok.

Hi Thank you for choosing our hostel, and for taking the time to write a review! Also the positive comments would give us a great impact to. Your feedback is valuable to us and we would want to optimize such feedback by rectifying it .May we know which showers and toilet did you find it unpleasant and some doors locks broken. Thank you and we hope you would reply us soon and looking forward for your stay here again. :)

Backpackers on Dundas, Toronto, Canada
4.3
14th Oct 2015

I would not stay here again. There were tons of cockroaches all over the room and bathroom. They had a white powder I presume to be cockroache bait in the rooms that got all over my clothes and bag. The staff were not that pleasant to deal with. The location is perfect though for access to greyhound.

Coral Beach Lodge, Port Douglas, Australia
25th Nov 2014

Really nice hostel

Jinta City Hostel, Koh Samui, Thailand
23rd Dec 2013

I stayed here along with my sister just a few days before Christmas 2013. The location is excellent, located near the ferry pier. The rooms are decently sized, and the bathrooms are average. The place has a pool but I didn't use it. Right across th road from the ocean!! I would stay here again if I am travelling back to koh Sami!

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An, Hoi An, Vietnam
8.0
24th Feb 2013

This is a very nice hostel - the breakfast is absolutely amazing. It's a nice walk to Hoi An's city center. I would stay here again

19th Feb 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It is a bit hard to find at first, but once you do, you realise that it is in a very good area of Sai Gon! The staff are very helpful and answered all questions that I had. The beds, ah the beds are super comfy. The room had individual lights and power points for each allocated bed. The shower was amazing, nice pressure and hot water! What more could a traveller ask for? Oh, and free breakfast.

Deejai Backpacker, Chiang Mai, Thailand
20th Dec 2012

A simply amazing hostel. Good food, company, and staff. I originally booked two night... Ended up staying 8 and going back soon. I highly recommend this hostel to any one staying in Chiang Mai. Thanks for everything Deejai!

Mystic Simurgh Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
1st Dec 2012

Two words for this hostel - Simply amazing. The staff that run this place are excellent, and they're what really made my stay. The free breakfast in the morning is delicious and a good way to start off a day around Istanbul. If I am ever back in Istanbul, I will not hesitate to book this hostel in a second. Thanks for everything Mystic.

thanks friend good luck

Summit Zero, Litohoro, Greece
27th Nov 2012

I have mixed reviews of the hostel. First off, the staff are excellent. The food was very good as well. For location it's right on the beach, but not in the town of litohoro. I think it's a bit unnecessary to charge for tea & coffe when breakfast is not included as well (5€ breakfast, 1€tea/coffee). Breakfast for 5€ is toast, cheese ham, and juice, if you'd like cereal it's 2€ extr. The room was very cold at night time, but summer is over. I stayed two nights to climb Olympus.

Little Big House, Thessaloniki, Greece
21st Nov 2012

I like to call this hostel "little big home" as the moment I walked into their hostel I felt at home. The staff are absolutely amazing and willing to go the extra mile to help. The beds are very comfortable and each room has its own kitchen and ensuite bathroom. Nice views of Thessaloniki from the balcony. If I am ever back in thessoliniki which I hope I am, I will definitely be staying here

Shanti-Hostel, Skopje, Macedonia
19th Nov 2012

An amazing hostel. The beds are very comfortable, and each bed has its own curtain, light, and power point to charge. The staff are absolutely amazing and willing to help out how ever they can. Nice breakfast to start the day. Location is literally 8 min walk from bus/train station, but Skopje is so small. If I am ever back in Skopje, I would stay here again in a heartbeat

Sofia Peace Hostel, Sofia, Bulgaria
16th Nov 2012

With anything there are always pros and cons. I loved how comfy the beds are in the dorm room, I slept very well. The lockers are big enough to fit my backpack (65lt) and other belonging, and the security at the hostel is very good. The shower is connected to the sink tap and sometimes the switch to turn it from the tap to the shower head didn't work, so if you wanted to wash your hands you had to use the shower. Also, there is no drain for the shower so water just stays on the floor.

Hikers Hostel, Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
13th Nov 2012

I had a perfect stay at this hostel. The view from the lounge are amazing from the hostel, especially over the fortress when there is a light show. The staff are what made my stay here, so thank you! Free breakfast is nice as well. If I'm ever back in Veliko I will definitely be staying here.

4th Nov 2012

As the name of the hostel states, this is literally somewhere different! If you're looking to get away and spend some time in the magnificent Maramureș area, then this is definitely the place to go. I cannot thank the staff enough for the week I spent with them. Be prepared to eat local food, drink the horincă, try our your new found Romanian language with the locals and immerse yourself in the traditional ways of life. If I'm ever back in Romania, I know where I'll be staying.

Retro Youth Hostel, Cluj Napoca, Romania
8.0
3rd Nov 2012

I was only here for one night, but the hostel was very good. They had free breakfast at anytime of the day, and even offered a sandwhich too. The room was spacious and clean, as well as the showers. If I am ever in Cluj again, I would stay here.

LibertyVilla Hostel, Brasov, Romania
2nd Nov 2012

I was asked to leave a different hostel, and in turn I found this amazing hostel! The staff are excellent, even with a group of loud guests at 4:00 in the morning, I can't thank the staff enough. Free breakfast was a good way to start the day. A nice variety of teas to choose from, in which you can drink on the patio enjoying the view of Beautiful Brasov! I highly recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Brasov! Thanks for everything.

Old Town Brasov Hostel, Brasov, Romania
31st Oct 2012

The saying You get what you pay for rings true for this hostel. It's the cheapest I could find in the town, but quite a distance from the main train station. The showers are uni-sex and get quite wet after someone takes a shower. I was supposed to have another night in their hostel, but due to communication issues was asked to leave (things happen though). The free breakfast was simple but a good considering the price of the hostel. All in all, it was an okay hostel.

Sibiu Travellers Hostel, Sibiu, Romania
29th Oct 2012

The hostel is very close to the main train station, and a nice walk to the center of town. The owner of the hostel is very nice and welcoming. Free breakfast, though it is basic does the job. Beds are very comfortable, rooms have a lot of power points to charge electronics. Free WiFi and two computers to use! If I am ever back in Sibiu, I know where I'll be staying. Thanks for everything!

Freeborn Hostel, Timisoara, Romania
27th Oct 2012

I throughly enjoyed my stay at the Freeborn Hostel! They make everyone feel right at home in their little hostel. There's lots of movies to be watched, a plentyful supply of wii games to be challanged with, and tea and coffee to be drunk. It's a nice walk from the train station, but situated within the city's numerous parks.A supermarket about 5 min walk as well. The only thing that would have made this hostel perfect in my books is if they had breakfast included. But, I would stay here again!

Ananas Hostel, Pecs, Hungary
26th Oct 2012

This is definitely an interesting hostel to say the least, but I enjoyed my one night stay there. The kitchen is well equipped to cook a nice meal. The staff are friendly and inviting. The bathrooms are clean, as well as the rooms. I loved the decor throughout the place and outside as well. It's a bit of a walk from the main train station, but you get to see the city center that way. If I am back in Pecs, I would stay here again.

Hostel Lika, Zagreb, Croatia
24th Oct 2012

You have to expect the hostel to be out of the city center, but that's what you get for the price. There were only two people including myself in the whole hostel so it was very quiet. Very friendly staff, I appreciated the cleanliness of the place. One thing that would make the hostel better for myself is if they had a kitchen that the guests to use. Other than that, I have no complaints.

H2ohostel, Ljubljana, Slovenia
22nd Oct 2012

I enjoyed my stay at H2ohostel in Ljubljana, the location is perfect only a short walk from the main train station and near the city centre. Free wifi in the lobby and in the rooms, or you can use their two free computers. One thing I didn't like is that there is no floor mat for the shower, so the floor gets very wet and slippery. Also, no soap or towels in the bathroom. All in all, if I am back in Ljubljana I would probably stay here again.

Hostel Possonium, Bratislava, Slovakia
21st Oct 2012

This was my second time at Hostel Possonium. It is in a good location, very close to the Central station. Staff are excellent, beds are comfy and lockers are a decent size. If you become friends on facebook then you will receive a 5% discount (but do it before booking then remind them) If ever find myself back in Bratislava I will definitely be staying here. Thanks for everything.

Hi, we are glad you enjoyed your stay here in Hostel Possonium. We would be happy if you'll manage to come back in the future! We are always doing our best to make our guests comfortable :)

The Ginger Monkey, High Tatras, Slovakia
17th Oct 2012

What can I say about the Ginger Monkey hostel? Well, I originally booked two nights, but ended up booking many more. The location is perfect. It's amazing to wake up every day with the view of the Tatra mountains. Hiking is excellent there, many trails around. The staff are more like a big, welcoming family who take care of you. This was one place that was hard for me to leave, if I could I would stay here for months. I know I will be back some day to this hostel! Thanks for everything Monkeys.

14th Oct 2012

I absolutely loved the Colors Hostel in Budapest! The staff are extremely friendly and willing to help at any time (even bright and early in the morning at 6:00am). The location is very good, only a short distance to the market and a nice walk to the Buda side of Budapest. Good size lockers to fit your bags into. Free breakfast was a nice touch, simple but what anyone needs to start the day off to a good start. All in all, if I am ever in Budapest again I will be staying here.

Hostel Possonium, Bratislava, Slovakia
13th Oct 2012

The hostel is extremely close to the train station which is nice, and a good walk to the center of Bratislava - but the whole city is so small it doesn't matter where you are. The hostel was quite loud due to the guests, and they came in the room late at night and turned on the lights and were very loud. I was only here for one night.

Thank you for your stay in our hostel. If you do not want to be disturbed by other guests, it will be private room better choice for you.

Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna, Vienna, Austria
11th Oct 2012

I loved the vibe of the whole hostel! Every night there was someone playing the piano, or the guitars and the bar downstairs was nice company. The kitchen is phenomenal, one of the best I have seen in any hostel! Location is a bit far out of the city center, but it's a nice walk to get right downtown Vienna and it's pretty close to the palace. The outdoor chilling area was great as well. Would have been nice if they had free breakfast, but other than that I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

Patio Hostel, Bratislava, Slovakia
9th Oct 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It's in a good location, but seeing as Bratislava is so small you can practically walk the city in a couple hours. I loved the computer set-up that they have, each computer has it's own personal webcam with headset so you can skype back home. Most of the lockers under the beds in the dorm that I was staying at were broken. Nice patio too :) I would stay here again in ever in Bratislava.

Hostel Jacob, Brno, Czech Republic
7th Oct 2012

What can I say about this hostel, it was amazing! There is not one negative thing I can think of. It's clean, bran new feel to it with the most comfy beds ever, and the linen smelt bran new as well! The breakfast is simple, but good way to start the day. The lady at reception was extremely personal and friendly, she made my stay 10x better. Not too far walk from the main train station. If I am ever in Brno again, I will definitely be staying at this hostel. Cannot recommend it enough.

PLUS Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
2nd Oct 2012

Like many others have said, location is not ideal so you have to expect this when booking. The metro is very cheap though to get into the city center. No soap or towels in bathroom, also shower had no floor mats and made a huge mess everywhere. The room that I stayed in had unbelievably squeaky beds, I could hardly breathe without it making noise! Breakfast was amazing though, many choices! All in all, it was cheap but I don't think I would stay here again.

Hostel Mondpalast, Dresden, Germany
30th Sep 2012

I enjoyed my stay at hostel mondpalast, location is in a very neat district, and a nice walk to the center of Dresden. Kitchen was small but did the trick. No free breakfast wich would have been nice. I was only there for two nights, but would probably stay again.

MEININGER Hamburg City Center, Hamburg, Germany
28th Sep 2012

My stay at the hostel was very nice, besides my roommates but that's not the hostels fault. The breakfast is expensive in my opinion, but they do have a kitchen if you want to cook your own. Location is very close to train station, but a few s-Bahn stations away from downtown. All in all I would probably stay here again.

Jellyfish Hostel, Rostock, Germany
27th Sep 2012

My stay at Jellyfish hostel was okay, I was only there one night. The old floors creaked everything someone moved in them which is annoying when trying to sleep, but very minor. Free wifi and computer use which was a bonus, breakfast you have to pay for. The kitchen is quite small with two little burners, microwave, and a toaster oven. I forgot something there when I left and the staff had no problem holding onto it until I could return to get it back- appreciated that !

Generator Hostel Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
25th Sep 2012

This hostel - more like a hotel with bunk beds in it is very professional! Little reading lights at each bed, with two power points for each bed as well, that's something you don't see everyday. The bar/chill out room is a nice place to lounge over a beer, or listen to people's attempt to sign at karaoke. The one thing I didn't like is that you can buy a breakfast voucher downstairs for 40kr but if you buy it at the breakfast place they charge 55kr - they just want more money by not telling ppl.

Dear guest - thank you for your nice comments about Generator. It is with comments like yours we can maintain, improve and develop our product and services, to make sure we meet our guests expectations. We appreciate and thank you for taking your time to give us your opinion regarding your stay with us, and we hope to see you back in Generator Copenhagen some day.

Gay Hostel (male only), Berlin, Germany
24th Sep 2012

I had a great time at this hostel. Met a lot of nice guys to party with, and the shower room is extra fun. I loved the free drink that you get at a local bar. The place was clean, staff was average, kitchen not so good in my opinion. I will be back though because I had a lot of fun here.

Eastener Hostel, Berlin, Germany
21st Sep 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Eastener hostel. It's a nice way to catch some decent sleep due to the size of the hostel, and the hosts make you feel welcome, almost like old friends, the moment you walk in. I appreciated the amount of info that was given to me as where to go, eat, sightseeing, etc. Kitchen was small but it does the job, has no oven though. Location couldn't be better, about a 7-10 min wall to the Berlin wall memorial, and 20ish minutes to Brandenburg. I will stay here again!

A&O Köln Neumarkt, Cologne, Germany
6.3
17th Sep 2012

The man at reception could care less for me, it felt as if he didn't want to be there, but luckily there was a nice lady to back him up (don't know the names). It is more like a hotel then hostel. The breakfast is expensive in my opinion €6.00 then you have to pay for linen and a card use fee. No kitchen to use for guests. Wifi free in lobby but must pay for it in rooms, also computers you must pay for. A good thing was how clean the place was! Free hair dryer and little cups rinse in bathroom.

Lucky Lake Hostel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
13th Sep 2012

It's one of the most interesting hostels that I have stayed at in my trip, and I loved every minute of my time there. It's a nice way to get a break from central Amsterdam as there is a lake literally 5 minute walk from the hostel, or you can lounge in the hammocks. The kitchen had a lot of free stuff to use for the guests, and the showers always had good pressure with hot water too! Breakfast for free - they mix it up every day ranging from eggs to 'little pancakes'. I booked more days there!

Lybeer Travellers' Hostel, Bruges, Belgium
12th Sep 2012

I somewhat enjoyed my stay at lybeer hostel. The location is very good and not too far away from the train station. As many others have said they are renovating the place so it is a bit messy, but I can only imagine it will look good once its done. I had to shake out the pillow case since there was saw dust on it, as well as the blankets. The kitchen only has two burners, and I think could use more cooking equipment. I found breakfast expensive for what I got. But location and price is right

Thank you for your review, very much appreciated! We're installing a brand new (and bigger) kitchen, to be expected end of 2012. Enjoy your traveling, hope to welcome you again at Lybeer Hostel soon!

6th Sep 2012

This hostel was alright - not the worst and not the best for many reasons. I loved the location though, a short walk to the sacre coeur church which is marvelous and metro not to far of a walk to get into the city center. The hostel has a lot of stairs so be prepared to lug your luggage up them. The kitchen was dirty and very very small, only two burners very minimal kitchen utensils and no oven. For a hostel that size a bigger kitchen is a must. The bar downstairs in nice though.

2nd Sep 2012

This hostel was good for the location I thought. Close to the Victoria train/coach station and a 15 minute walk to the buckingham palace. It makes for a nice walk along the Thames river to tower bridge, but you pass by most sights on the way. Things I thought would have made it an excellent stay: power points in rooms & having an oven in the kitchen. Nice pub downstairs. Triple bunkbeds. All in all I would stay here again. Good price.

Everton Hostel, Liverpool, England
29th Aug 2012

This was one of the cheapest hostels that I've stayed at in the uk. The location was a bit far from the city center, but a nice walk as long as its a good day. No towels or soap in the bathrooms, and bathroom lock was broken. The kitchens are in the rooms itself but very little cooking items to use. They had free fruit all day which was a nice touch, free wifi and free computers to use. All in all the saying 'you get what you pay for' rings true here, but I would stay again if ever in Liverpool

Sleepzone, Galway, Ireland
24th Aug 2012

All night I heard the doors slamming in the hostel, street outside was very loud, and roommates kept everyone up. I hardly got any sleep in this hostel. The kitchen is very busy in the morning... It would be nice if they added more toasters. All in all I wouldn't stay here again.

Jesse, thank you for your review and your stay with us. Sorry about the doors slamming. We have serviced them all now so they shut smoothly. It's very unusual for the street to be noisy as we are located on a quiet side street! If guests have any issues they should feel free to come to our 24 hour reception for assistance. The matter will be dealt with promptly. If you are back in Galway, it would be great if you decided to stay with us again in order for us to change your mind about the hostel! Thanks and regards, Paraic.

• Canada, Male, 25-30
Global Village, Belfast, Northern Ireland
23rd Aug 2012

The hostel was very good. The staff were absolutely amazing, and ready to help out whenever asked. They do BBQs with the guests for a small price. Good wifi and computers for free. Breakfast was normal. The only thing that would have made it better if there was lockers in my room... Other than that, no complaints

Portrush Holiday Hostel, Portrush, Northern Ireland
21st Aug 2012

My stay at Portrush hoilday Hostel was excellent! There were a lot of kitchen accessories for the guests to use which made the stay that much better. The location of the hostel is very good as well, it's a minute walk right to the Irish sea and amazing views. I liked the fact that the hostel provided you with a lock for the underbed lockers, something that i have never received before. Very clean rooms, with comfy beds. If I am ever in Portrush again, I definitely know where I will be staying.

Caledonian Backpackers, Edinburgh, Scotland
13th Aug 2012

One of the best hostels I have stayed in ever! Loved everything about it. Free Skype phones to call home, free Internet and wifi. If you need a laptop, they will lend you one! Artwork everywhere, amazing staff members. If I am ever back in Edinburgh this will be my first choice! Thanks for everything