Reviews: nmh86

Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 28

Kangaroo Inn

Perth, Australia

Very clean, lovely bed, good facilities and great location are the positives about this place. Its how a hostel should look but not be run, the staff were atrocious, they aren't there to help. every request was turned down and on arrival I asked if I could have one of the 2 spare bottom bunk beds and they refused, saying its policy and the receptionists aren't here, yet the next day they were the same staff on reception! There was no atmosphere of any kind, dull and lifeless! Don't stay here.

• 22nd Mar 2014

The Pirates Backpackers Fremantle

Fremantle, Australia

Ahoy there matey! Really enjoyed my stay at Pirates thanks largely to the excellent atmosphere created by Vaughn, the hostel owner. He had us out just about everyday doing activities, some free, some for a small fee but excellent value for money. The hostel itself could do with a lick of paint in places but its how a hostel should be run for sure, a fun place to be, I was sad to leave and would stay there again if I'm in Fremantle again. Classic!

• 18th Mar 2014

The Attic Backpackers

Auckland, New Zealand

A nice, clean hostel that was very comfortable - the best hostel I stayed in in Auckland. It wasn't in the best location, but it was in the city. Was given free use of a computer which was a first in NZ! I'd stay there again, nice place

• 4th Mar 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for taking the time for the great review :) We think here at The Attic that we are perfectly located for all of the must do here in The City of Sails :) We hope that you will enjoy the rest of your time in NZ and see you back at The Attic soon Cheers The Attic team

Nomads Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

If your room's looking over the courtyard, unlucky! Very little sleep because of too much noise from the bar downstairs. Was in a great location, generally secure but no lockers in rooms. Facilities were ok and it was mostly clean. I wouldn't stay here again

• 4th Feb 2014

Hostel 64 Osaka

Osaka, Japan

It was in a very quiet part of town with not much going on, and they closed off the computer access way too early! Other than that, an excellent place to stay, clean, trendy, plenty character, a powerful shower and big beds. I was very pleased with my choice of final hostel in Japan.

• 16th Apr 2013

A-yado Gion

Kyoto, Japan

Cheap, nice staff, good facilities in the common room (including a Nintendo Wii!), nice enough shower and good location. However, the room STANK horrendously the whole time, the doors were never locked, even on a night when staff weren't there and the whole place just lacked character. I was very tempted to leave when I arrived and smelled the room, managed to put up with it for 3 days though. Just made sure I spent as little time in the room as possible. You get what you pay for I suppose......

• 13th Apr 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your compliment about price, staff and facilities. We are very sorry not to let you stay in our hostel comfortably. We clean every rooms everyday in the daytime, but we can't manage the smell, perhaps, from another one. We're improve the security of our hostel, and we don't consider about character, which has vague criteria. Anyway sorry for everything. Thank you for staying with us. And thank you for your comment.

Hidatakayama Guesthouse Tomaru

Hida Takayama, Japan

An excellent guesthouse! The owners were really friendly and helpful, there was a really warm, friendly, family atmosphere as they are a family running the guesthouse with their 1-year-old playing in the front room! Excellent location near station, very clean and excellent facilites. I would have liked a locker of some kind though and not a fan of the concrete floors but this is easily one of my favourite guesthouses I've stayed in, I'd recommend this to anyone staying in Takayama.

• 12th Apr 2013

Matsumoto Backpackers

Matsumoto, Japan

An excellent hostel! Clean, modern yet traditional style, great location, and very nice rooms. The staff were very friendly, helpful and accomodating. The only downsides - lockers were small, as was the common room, no computer set up for guests (However, staff did let me use theirs for as long as I needed, again excellent staff!) and 10am checkout is earlier than most places, but I'd 100% stay there again if I was in Matsumoto and would recommend this place to anyone thinking of going. Superb!

• 11th Apr 2013
  • Globetrotter

N san, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We were happy to welcome you and happy that you had such a great time at MBP. Your advice will help us make our guests' stay even better! Thank you!

1166 Backpackers

Nagano, Japan

Excellent location, really helpful and friendly staff and the atmosphere was fantastic with the large table being central. The mixed dorm room was excellent, very comfortable and clean. The decor was a little 1970s in parts and some of the facilities were dated but I'm sure some people would love that and say it had character... It was close to the temple complex and also a great base for a day trip to see the snow monkeys! I enjoyed my stay here and would stay again.

• 9th Apr 2013

Oak Hostel

Tokyo, Japan

Not the nicest place, the beds were really hard and it lacked a real character about it. The bathroom in the male dorm was tiny! I was happy to leave that place, there's so many better places to stay in Tokyo...

• 3rd Apr 2013

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

excellent friendly staff, safe, good location. felt a bit dirty and the beds were awfully thin

• 1st Apr 2013

Aizuya Inn

Tokyo, Japan

I thought this place was ok, a little cold at night in the single room though. I didn't like staying on the 3rd floor and showering (and paying for the privilage!) on the first floor walking past reception and lobby. Some interesting, quirky things in and found the option to rent video games etc a cool thing but, for me, the whole place was trying a bit too hard to be cool....

• 31st Mar 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hello Neil, thank you for the taking the time to leave a review and sorry few things were not to your liking. I promise we will try to remove all stairs and build the inn only on the ground floor. There is an air- conditioning unit in each room: when you press ON, warm air comes out to keep you toasted! Regarding the shower, unfortunately, there is not much we can do, but that is clearly written on the description of this and our website, so that you know about it when you book! As to your reference to being "cool" (whatever that means…), if you perceived us that way and if you think that is bad, then….then nothing, because I cannot change your perception. The only thing we do try very hard, is pleasing our guests, so please send me your suggestions and we will try to improve. Thanks again; Raoul

i enjoyed my stay here, a really good capsule hotel, nice and clean, towels and pyjamas offered, use of the sauna, hot public bath etc excellent. staff were awful! moment i walked in i was shouted at by a female employee to take shoes off ( i still had my 18kg backpack on and a rucksack on the front), most other staff very unhelpful to non-Japanese guests generally having spoken to French and Swiss guests also. However, I didnt allow staff to ruin my great experience in a proper capsule hotel!

• 29th Mar 2013

Gojo Guest House

Kyoto, Japan

a nice, traditional style guesthouse. really friendly staff! the front room was a little noisy and the doorframes are way too short for a tall guy! not the best layout for toilets, showers etc from male dorm but i enjoyed my stay

• 24th Mar 2013

Ace Inn Shinjuku

Tokyo, Japan

awful place, really wouldn't recommend this place to people looking to try a capsule hotel. ive tried others that were so much better! this place is dirty, uncomfortable, poor lockers that are way too thin, wooden capsules so creaketc. just dont bother...

• 22nd Mar 2013
  • Globetrotter

fantastic place! so clean, great staff, beuatiful furnishings, so much charm. only problem is asakusa is very far north east of city centre and takes time to get places and station is a 10min walk. although that walk is an enjoyable one. i'd happily stay here again if i ever return to tokyo. i actually stayed 3 more nights and wanted to stay more but it was fully booked! if you're the ind of person who books 1-2nights as a "try before you buy" then add more, I'd recommend you book your full stay

• 17th Mar 2013

Dancing Elephant - HQ

Koh Phangan, Thailand

One of my favourite places I've ever stayed! comfortable beds, great staff (Rafaelle!), clean etc. Could have had better storage for big bags and more showers but I had a great time! I've actually recommended here to others who have gone

• 16th Feb 2013

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

I ended up staying 2 more nights because it was such a good place! how a hostel should be. great beds with secure storage under beds, great washroom facilities, although the showers went cold at times. The only flaws were being in Krabi town (nothing there really, found myself getting a boat to other places every day, however, boats were just down the road) and the staff were a little rude at times. Apart from those - great!

• 7th Feb 2013

Charoendee

Bangkok, Thailand

truly awful place! it's as if a prison has been converted into a hostel! i stayed one night and found another place. It's the worst place ive ever stayed! showers were dirty, bed bugs galore. horrible. only good features were safety and location

• 26th Jan 2013

HI Mid Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

Very clean hostel, showers and toilet facilities are excellent! No space for my big bag but a locker available next to bed. Biggest problem - too far from Khao San Road and the main sights. Staff not too friendly...

• 24th Jan 2013

Heart Of Amsterdam

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very dark and not the cleanest, central location though. overpirced for what it was

• 19th Aug 2012
  • Globetrotter

Copenhagen and Hamburg generators were great! Berlin was the worst place I've stayed! Dirty bathroom, really old fashioned decor. Only positives were clean beds and free wifi.

• 17th Aug 2012
  • Globetrotter

Hey there, thank you for your time and feedback. The Copenhagen and Hamburg Hostels are two of our newest Hostels. The Generator Hostel Berlin was opened in the design of our old brand wich was designed in the 90's. So in terms of design, the Berlin Generator is defenatly not what Hamburg or Copenhagen is. In Summer 2013 we will open a new Generator Hostel in Berlin wich will than be opened in a way more modern style. :) Thank you verry much for your lines. All the best from Berlin,

Generator Hostel Hamburg

Hamburg, Germany

I had stayed in the Copenhagen Generator so made an easy decision to stay in the Hamburg one. Excellent place! Clean, firendly, good vibe to it, excellent quiet areas for checking computers, excellent bar area, clean rooms. The showers were a little small but overall I was very impressed. If I ever visit Hamburg again, that's where I'd stay

• 15th Aug 2012

Generator Hostel Copenhagen

Copenhagen, Denmark

I enjoyed my time in Copenhagen, the hostel was in a good place in relation to sights but quite far from the station. The hostel was clean, comfortable, had a good vibe to it, great place to stay. The staff we're mostly helpful but sometimes quite abrupt. Thought te breakfasts were expensive for what you got. On the whole though I was very satisfied and would use it again if I came back.

• 12th Aug 2012
  • Globetrotter

Dear Neil - we thank you for your nice comments about Generator. It is with comments like yours we can maintain, improve and develop our product and services, to make sure we meet our guests expectations. Thank you for taking time to give us your opinion regarding your stay with us, and we hope to see you back in Generator Copenhagen some day.

Anker Hostel

Oslo, Norway

Staff were mostly unpleasant, and reluctant to help at times. lobby was great, very comfortbale, but the room was a little basic, especially the bathrooms, which were dirty and very old fashioned. Won't be staying there again.

• 9th Aug 2012