Location India, Gender Male, Age 39

Hostel Van Gogh, San Jose, Costa Rica
7th Jan 2016

Very pleasant ambience. A Beautilly maintained home in a great location. David the owner lives in an apartment within the hostel. The only drawbacks are 1. Only one toilet stall in men's bathroom. 2. The bathroom fixtures , though new, need maintenance.

6.0
3rd Oct 2013

BED BUGS! I had bites all over my body from my stay between Oct 4th & 5th . I stayed in Room #3. This is the the firs time this has happened to me in a hostel. To be fair, this hostel's cleanliness level to my eyes appeared average, but then I was bit all over by bedbugs. Luckily I did not have a severe reaction or itching to the bites. Location: Excellent. 5 minute walk to main metro line. Internet: Has a multi step process to connect (which is not unreasonable) but the speed is poor.

Thank you your feedback. We are really surprised about this. Because no one else has mentioned it from #3 or an any other room. We have regular pest control and hygiene inspections and nothing was repported.

Hostel Adam's Apples, Budapest, Hungary
22nd Sep 2013

I liked: Location- very close to a major metro station and timeline. Makes it so easy to get anywhere in Budapest. Cleanliness- super clean. I had a private room which was excellent. It was as good as some good hotels I have stayed in previously. I love the fact that they have a washing machine and super kitchen. Only minor issue- it is a bit hard to find the first time, as it is located within a large building which has retail stores at street level. A photo of the entrance, will help

Sant Jordi Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain
4th Aug 2012

Like: 1. Excellent cleanliness 2. Security - card entry to room, lockers etc 3. Staff- informative and full of suggestions. 4. I stayed in a private room with shared bathroom Didn't like: 1. Wasn't clear on the website that they have 6 hostels in Barca. Thought I was booking the one near the center city, but was actually near the Sagrada Familia . This wasn't a huge deal - was near 2 metro stations and a total 15 minute (walk +metro) travel to the center of the city.