The room was basic but comfortable, screened to keep out mosquitoes, and both quiet and private. The lady who runs the place does not speak much English, but she is very helpful. Breakfast is huge and delicious. The courtyard is really nice, with grapevines and a hammock for chilling in the sun. I went to their beach restaurant for dinner. It is overpriced and staff there are not overly friendly, but they let you use the lounge chairs for free, which is great during the day.

Ozbay Hotel

Pamukkale, Turkey

The staff were really helpful and even gave me a free ride to the far end of Hieropolis. Location is great as well. Unfortunately, I can not recommend this place, however, as there were bedbugs in my room. I stayed in a double private room. The room was rather run down and only moderately clean - think more Asian standard than European.

Friendly staff, good facilities, breakfast a great deal and good selection. Rooms sufficient but no sink outside the shower room, made it inconvenient when using the toilet if someone is showering. Also, you have to make and strip your own bed, which is a pain. Check out time is way too early, at 10 am, especially given that the guests do all the work! The room I stayed in was upstairs from a garbage compactor, which someone started operating at 6:30 am. It was far too loud to sleep thru

Believe-it-or-Not

Vienna, Austria

This place is really nice! I got in late at night and was immediately welcomed by the other guests. It's truly like adopting a bunch of great flat mates when you check in. Breakfast was good, there's a real bathtub!!! and everything else you can think of that you might want or need in a hostel. All in all, a great stay.

Pfefferbett Hostel

Berlin, Germany

This was the best - and cheapest!!- hostel of the 3 I stayed at in Berlin. Rooms are clean, with lots of head room in the bunks, private lockers, private lights and electricity. Staff are super friendly, and they make sure that the common area is a fun and social atmosphere. They have a really nice garden to enjoy breakfast at in the mornings as well. Located in a quiet garden area, with access to the U-Bahn directly across the street. Would definitely stay here again.

Pfefferbett Hostel

Berlin, Germany

My second time staying here over the week. Definitely the best hostel of 3 I stayed in in Berlin. Great facilities, really clean, super helpful friendly staff, beautiful courtyard to enjoy breakfast in...what more could you want? Oh and the best prices of all hostels I stayed at as well!

Circus Hostel

Berlin, Germany

The rooms were nice and clean, no bunk beds which was nice. Bathrooms had clean showers and toilets. Having said that, the hostel was just okay and for the price should have included at least a basic breakfast. There is no real lounge area to chill out in, just a few chairs for people to check their wifi. Also, the only tours and social activities organized by the hostel are paid tours, including the "by donation" graffiti tour, which comes with a surprise minimum 8 euro "donation."

Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I've stayed in a LOT of hostels, and this is one of my least favorite. It feels like being in boarding school, complete with the set of sheets they issue at checkin. It is a pain to have to make your own bed, esp. if you get a top bunk. It's hard to sleep in the rooms because the bathroom, has no door and a light over the sink, making it noisy and bright. The lounge area is not very social, and it is located far away from the main train station. Breakfast is excellent, its only saving grace.

Pension Amalur

San Sebastian, Spain

Miguel is the nicest man ever. I felt like i was family from the minute I arrived. Traveling alone, this was a nice place to meet other backpackers. The dining area is very basic and lacks a sink and cooking facilities, but there is a refrigerator, dishes and free internet access there, which is nice. The beds were clean and the room was fine and functional. There are large lockers to put your stuff in, but some of them open without a key, which is a bit of a pain. Bathrooms are also clean

Yes! Porto Hostel

Porto, Portugal

The staff were super friendly and I met people the moment I walked in the door. Definitely one of the top hostels I've stayed in and I've stayed in a lot around the world! I arrived late at night and there was a bit of delay beyond the staff's control, so they brought me a plate of food while I waited. Rooms were clean and very well set up with huge secure lockers and soft lighting. Dinners are tasty but would recommend a cheaper dinner in place of the 4 free drinks. Thanks for a great time

Gold Coast

Lagos, Portugal

Staff were friendly, rooms were clean and comfortable, nice bathrooms. Kitchen is well equipped and nice rooftop patio, tho someone kept stealing my food. Safes are a bit small so you can't store a laptop in them and no other lockers provided. Beds are too short so I hit my head on the bottom bunk often. The staff try to keep it as a non-partying hostel, but that's what everyone comes for, which isn't a big deal unless you're interested in meeting people who are interested in other things too