Pitlochry Backpackers, Pitlochry, Scotland
13th Sep 2013

Staff was great, town was adorable! Came for the Highland Games and wished I could have stayed longer. Laundry service was well worth the 3.50 pound for wash/dry/fold. Nice common room, free coffee/tea/hot chocolate always available. Nice bathrooms and showers.

Caledonian Backpackers, Edinburgh, Scotland
11th Sep 2013

One of my favorite hostels! Good sized lockers next to the beds that can fit normal combo locks. Adorable duvets/sheets (I know, not a crucial selling point but it made it comfy). Awesome paintings on all of the walls and themed rooms for female/mixed rooms. The bar downstairs within the hostel is a great place to meet people and hang out. Cute room off to the side with bean bags for relaxing/reading/charging phones/hanging out! Normal hostel breakfast of toast/jam, cereal, coffee/tea, yogurt.

Ashfield Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
7.7
6th Sep 2013

Great location, a bit grungy. Nothing that staff could have fixed, but the bathrooms could use some remodeling, etc. The common room is nice, though. The lockers in the 18 bed dorm squeaked incredibly loud so every time someone got in late/woke up early it woke you up. The 8 bed dorm didn't have lockers. Yes, there are lockers available for pay in the lobby. It was nice that the breakfast included some hard boiled eggs instead of just toast/cereal. Wifi works on ground floor but spotty on higher

City Backpackers Hostel, Stockholm, Sweden
27th Aug 2013

My favorite hostel so far! The facilities were great, the location was superb, and it was well worth the money! I did the Swedish Meatball Experience and it was a great deal for the amount of food we got (including beer!) and was a great way to meet other people from the hostel. If I'm ever in back in Stockholm I'd absolutely stay here again!

Hostel Baccarat, Nice, France
14th Aug 2012

I really liked the large group dinner - I didn't realize how many people were staying at the hostel! It was a great way to meet people. However, I stayed in room 100 and forgot to lock up my iPad for dinner (completely my fault) and it got stolen. I think it would be good to advise people to firmly shut the door to make sure it locks, because to close our door you kind of had to slam it, which I don't think everyone realized. Otherwise, I enjoyed the hostel.

Hostel One Paralelo, Barcelona, Spain
5th Aug 2012

Loved the nightly group dinners. It was a great way to meet people and the food wasn't all that bad either! The beds were really comfy and I loved that there were outlets above each one. Shower was a bit small, but that's not a big deal. The staff was great and instantly upon arrival brought out a map to show me all of the places to see and how to get around! Hands down, the best hostel I've stayed in so far.