Saba'a Hotel

Petra, Jordan

I wasn't most pleased with this hostel. My top bunk did not have a barrier so I did not sleep well afraid that I would roll off, not safe at all. Keys are left at reception but many times when staff weren't around I had to go behind the desk and get my own key, defeats the point really. Staff helped book a taxi to wadi rum but could have been a lot more informative as we ended up having big trouble at the drop off point and were annoyed we weren't pre warned of the situation.

• 5th Aug 2014

Hi, I'm sorry you were afraid of falling out of bed, The side bar was broken by a previous guest jumping up and I hadn't had time to replace it, if you had mentioned you were afraid I could have changed your room. There is a large bell on the desk with a sign asking you to press it if you need a staff member. The trouble at Wadi Rum was caused solely by the people there. They threatened both our driver and the car and we had them arrested because of it. You underpaid our driver and owe him 5JD

Freedom Traveller

Rome, Italy

Really lovely staff, Francesco especially was very helpful and friendly. They do nice evenings of free pizza or €3 pasta and wine which is good socially and if nice if anyone is on a tight budget. Obviously not the best food in rome! Nice advice from about seeing the city, good facilities and a very easy stay. Would definitely recommend!

• 21st Jul 2013

Heaven Guest House

Jodhpur, India

Really lovely hostel, run by a very nice couple. I was ill for a couple of days and felt very cared for by the staff. The rooftop restaurant has great food, & u can even get a quick lesson on how to make some of the dishes! We had checked out but were made very welcome to stay & watch tv with them whilst we waited for our train time, we were even offered a shower as we were quite sweaty from walking around in the heat. It's these nice touches that give it a real family feel and I defo recommend!

• 17th Aug 2012

KoTo Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

KoTo hostel staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, it may be worth shopping around for some of the trips as the prices offered by the hostel travel agents are slightly more expensive. We felt very welcomed each time we walked through the door, and the staff were on hand to help us with the local area whenever we asked. Breakfast was included and was definitely good value for money.

• 6th Aug 2012