We stayed in the dorms which were really clean and good value for money, included air conditioning and lockers and shelves and powerpoints to next to each bed. The shower was good except no hot water. I'm not sure on the location to the rest of negombo as we only used it to get to the airport which is 20 mins in a tuk tuk.

• 4th Sep 2013

Arugam Bay YMCA

Arugam Bay, Sri Lanka

When we first arrived I wanted to leave, but I'm glad we stuck it out as I met some really cool people and had good fun. The bathroom is the worst I have ever experienced, so bad I showered at the beach and used the toilet at the siam view bar that is joined to it. The beds were comfy but no top sheets were provided. The staff are very unhelpful. On the plus side it had air con (tho it leaked a lot) a fridge, draws to lock belongings under the bed.

• 19th Aug 2013

Thanks! That you stayed with us. We are obviously new, working hard to improve this little place. Soon, we assure you: It will be near perfect....For just $8/ night in a/c

Atlantic Hostel

Essaouira, Morocco

This place is very cheap which is good, however it's very basic. We were in the new part of the building and our beds were just mattresses on the floor with nothing else in the room except a power point. The mattresses were comfortable and clean. The walls had mould on them though and the new part of the building did not feel very secure as the door is always left open. Very social place, quite 'hippy-ish', always people in the common area drinking and smoking, good for solo travellers

• 13th Jul 2013

Riad Baraka

Chefchaouen, Morocco

Really lovely place, probably the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. The roof terrace is beautiful with amazing views and Joe always had nice chillout music playing through the hostel and on the roof. I get the feeling Ann doesn't want to be disturbed too much however she provided us with a helpful map of the medina and Joe is friendly and knows a lot about Morocco. Only thing that would make it better for me would be breakfast included.

• 5th Jul 2013

Thanks Amber we are happy you enjoyed the place and we don't include breakfast as we make the rooms as economical as possible and let people pick and choose orther services we offer.