The Hostel Paulista

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were great (especially the pair who danced for me in reception!! [guy = lindo!]). Huuuuuuge hostel. Big communal areas, bar and terrace. Room was sufficient with big lockers. Really clean and nice chilled atmosphere. Few snags... Front door security into the hostel is lax, anybody can walk at anytime of day. Also showers were cold BUT that aside an ~>awesome

• 26th Mar 2014

Hi, Phillip. We are very glad to know that you really enjoyed and had fun with us! The front door is already fixed :) Thanks!!

Lemon Spirit Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

A really decent hostel kept up to a very high standard. It has a very good vibe. Good breakfast and the hostel was very clean. Special mention to Lucas, one of the hostel workers, who provided a very friendly welcome and excellent service on arrival. To be very very critical the location is not the best in Rio (far from the metro and quieter than Ipanema) though Leblon is very lovely neighbourhood and the hostel is 2mins from the beach. An excellent hostel.

Harmonia

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

A fantastic little hostel. Had a very warm welcome from Saskia, who showed me round. Staff are super friendly. I found the hostel clean, quirky and there was good air con. Really chilled out vibe. Great location!!! Only downside is that it is quite small (I think 16 beds?) which means meeting new people in the hostel is limited. But I really enjoyed my stay and met some great people. Highly recommend this hostel.

• 20th Mar 2014