They might charge you an extra $3 per night if you don't have a HI card. Most of the staff were fantastic however one particular guy who's name starts with a B.... has an attitude problem and he should not be working in a hostel. Not much of social vibe here but the wifi and location are excellent.

Happy Buddha Boutique Hostel

Medellin, Colombia

One of the best hostels i have stayed in throughout South America.... They do need to sort out their "full" situation as they said they didnt have a bed for my last night when clearly there were half empty dorms. So spent my last night around the corner at the average Casa Kiwi.

The wifi never worked in my 3 days there!!!! Rooms were average and hot water ran out.

Duc Vuong Hotel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Was our first hotel for the holiday and was one of the best. Staff were super friendly and always willing to help. Wifi worked in every part of the hotel without having to change wifi locations. The rooms were a tad small but were clean and the air con worked great. Would stay here again!

• 25th Aug 2013

Granada Inn Backpackers

Granada, Spain

This was one of my favourite hostels and cities on my 1 month trip around Spain, the staff were friendly from the second we walked into the building. It is a brand new hostel however it already has its own vibe and atmosphere other new hostels sometimes lack. The wifi works in all parts of the hostel and room. The showers/bathrooms are better than what I have back home in Australia. A minor issue was that they have noise restrictions at 12am, but this is reasonable as it forced us to go party.

• 26th Aug 2012
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Had a good stay the only things was being put in the other building around the corner from reception. The pool on the rooftop was good to relax after a 47c day however the water was as clean as pond water. Wifi worked in most of the areas there and our room, the staff were friendly and always willing to help us.

• 19th Aug 2012

Hostel Caza de Sao Goncalo

Lagos, Portugal

Was in a good location, not a party hostel for Lagos, but you can meet plenty of fun people in the common room to go party with. The staff are friendly and I'm sure they will improve once they establish themselves more. Wifi was average as it kept cutting out, but it is worth the stay.

• 15th Aug 2012

Sunset Destination Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

It is a little hard to find with lack of signage. It is a new hostel so it was lacking its vibe as other hostels have. The location is good as its directly above the train station. The pool they advertised does not exist yet as it awaiting approval. But it was a good stay for the night, all rooms had aircon, and wifi worked.

• 13th Aug 2012

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Out of month around Spain and Portugal this is still in my top 3 for hostels. The staff are as friendly as best mates from the second we walked in the door. The common room is amazing where we met good mates for life and ended up traveling with some of them for another for another 2-3 weeks. The location isn't bad but its next to the metro and you can get anywhere you need to. We went in early August so Madrid was very hot so we spent a bit of time in the common room where we felt at home. STAY.

• 9th Aug 2012