Hotel Mevlana

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location is brilliant, wifi signal strong & there's tv in the room. The staff are really nice & the cafe downstairs is great. However the toilet & shower is so dirty. The toilet needs to be cleaned at least once a day, twice would be better as so many people are using them. It's really disgusting & if I booked again I would get one with a private bathroom.

• 5th Jul 2013

Travelodge Limerick Castletroy

Limerick, Ireland

High quality rooms. Room was quite hot though but new facilities & would definitely stay again if in Limerick. Staff were lovely.

• 18th Jun 2013

Smart Hyde Park View

Lovely rooms, newly renovated & in a lovely area. Close to tube & buses. Room was a little pricey for what you get. It's quite small, no aircon & the showers were just a trickle which wasn't great. Would stay agin for overnight or a few days.

• 13th Jun 2013

Plug-Inn Boutique Hostel

Paris, France

Very clean hostel in a good location. Continental breakfast was lovely & everyone was really chatty. Great location near bars, pubs, restaurants, shops & Moulin Rouge. Would definately stay here again next time I'm in Paris & really recommend it. 3 bed private rooms were a little small though.

• 12th Jun 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

Affittacamere Patrizia

Cinque Terre, Italy

I booked a 8 bed dorm & ended up with a 3 bed apartment style room so I was very happy! Beautiful terrace that overlooked the village - would be great in Summer! I unfortunately came when there was bad weather. The man running the apartment was lovely. Bathroom could have been a bit cleaner but great overall. Room was very cold though & I needed 2 blankets each night! I had the apartment to myself most of the time which was great but a little lonely. Would definately stay here again.

• 25th May 2013

Hostel Behind

Prague, Czech Republic

The owners are lovely, the hostel is set out like an apartment with own kitchen, bathroom & laundry facilities. It's in a great location & while on the pricier end, I definitely thought it was worth it. I would stay here again & the apartment is amazing. Big & breezy plus a cooked breakfast every morning.

• 28th Mar 2013

YHA London St Pancras

The hostel is in a good location - right across from the International train station. I wouldn't stay here for more than 1 night though. Londoners have told me the area is a bit dodgy. Also, the toilet in our room had no seat on it. It was really nice inside though. Nice bar/cafe area downstairs and the staff are lovely.

• 15th Jan 2013

Arty Paris

Paris, France

I don't know why people complain about this hostel! I thought it was great! It's on the train line of the Champs Elysees, 5 mins walk to Metro, bus to Montmarte around the corner, free computers & wifi, clean rooms with big bathrooms. The rooms are small (but hey that's europe!!). The staff were helpful, the atmosphere at dinner time was great everyone chatting & sharing the kitchen. It is a decent area for Paris. Cheap restaurants & bakeries close by.

• 5th Jan 2013
  • Globetrotter

We're glad you enjoyed your time in Paris!

I had a rocky start - got put in a room with twice as many people as the room I originally booked! They said there was a mix up with hostelworld & they were full so they couldn't do anything. I understand it was over NY's period but a bit of a poor response. The bathrooms on my floor didn't work so all the females on 2 floors shared 4 toilets & 7 showers. Not great but the rooms were big, the bar, kitchen & common areas were good. Poor wifi though.

• 30th Dec 2012

Hostel 24

Ljubljana, Slovenia

It's a small hostel with only a few rooms but it is brilliant! The staff are super helpful & friendly! My train didn't leave until midnight on the day I checked out so they let me hang out at the hostel & do my washing etc until then! They were so nice & the hostel is close to the centre. The rooms have nice furnishings & are clean. There's a kitchen downstairs & free wifi. Felt more like I was staying at a mate's place than a hostel. Great price too!

• 28th Dec 2012

Hostel Santa Monaca

Florence, Italy

A basic but good hostel. The staff were fantastic & helpful. I was unwell during my stay & they were exceptionally accommodating & helpful. I would recommend to stay here. It isn't far from the main attractions & it has supermarkets, restaurants & pharmacies close by. It has a laundry for guests to use, a large kitchen with heaps of utensils & great wifi too!

• 26th Dec 2012

Hostel Colours

Milan, Italy

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff are great. Spent ages circling places on the map, recommending sights & the best places to eat & they did this for all hostel guests! Really go above & beyond. Location is a little out of the centre but super close to the Metro. Will definitely stay here again next time I visit Milan! Create a vibe in the hostel that everyone mixes. Just a tip - great restaurant called My Way just around the corner - make sure you go there at least once!

• 22nd Dec 2012

Youthhostel Zurich

Zurich, Switzerland

So expensive! It's more like a budget hotel for families & older travelers than students & backpackers! There is no fun or friendly atmosphere in the hostel & nobody mixes! You have to pay extra for everything, including things such as wifi which are generally free in most other hostels. Most expensive hostel I've ever stayed in & it's quite a distance from the city centre. Facilities in the rooms are old & basic. Don't think it's at all worth the price they charge & wouldn't stay here again!

• 21st Dec 2012

Home Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Fantastic hostel, it's the little things that count such as doing your laundry for you, home cooked meals & free padlocks. It was very clean, central & security to the rooms & hostel was tops. The only downer was luke-warm to cold showers but it's hard to always have hot water with so many guests. Would recommend this hostel to everyone & I would definately stay here again in Lisbon.

• 7th Dec 2012

Equity Point Girona

Girona, Spain

Clean hostel, extremely helpful staff & good value for money! Central location & just around the corner from the main train & bus stations. Handy for getting to Barcelona. Swipe card access & good size rooms & bathrooms. Would definately stay here again.

• 25th Nov 2012

St Christopher's Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

This is a very good hostel, new & clean in the best location in Barcelona. Just around the corner from La Rambla, Playa Cantalunya,Gaudi's casa Batllo & right in the heart of the shopping district. I would stay here again. Great atmosphere from the bar downstairs & the staff are really helpful. So many tours/things to do at great prices! You have a locked cage under your bed & a curtain for privacy. They really have thought of everything.

• 24th Nov 2012

Equity Point Girona

Girona, Spain

The staff were fantastic, rooms were new & clean. The location was central & not far from the train/bus station. I would definately stay here again. Great value for money - the breakfast is fantastic.

• 23rd Nov 2012

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

I thought the hostel as new, safe and clean. The area was a bit of a worry though - don't think it's safe for solo female travellers but that might just be Brussels in general...

• 10th Nov 2012

Hostel Pisa

Pisa, Italy

Paying an additional 6euros for sheets and towels (without a blanket) is pretty steep. Good security, good staff & location. Would stay here again.

• 7th Oct 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for the reviews! We are sorry that you did'nt get a blanket. It was just because it was still warm, so they are available under request at reception (free of charge). We will put them in the rooms as soon as it gets cold!

Legends

Rome, Italy

Great hostel. Good location. Would definately stay here again. The 6 bed female dorm with ensuite is clean, new and really nice.

• 5th Oct 2012

Hostel Pisa

Pisa, Italy

Great location, easy walk from Pisa Centrale train station & Lam Rossa bus to leaning tower is across the road from Hostel. I booked 6 bed female dorm & got a 3 bed private with ensuite which was great. Only downside is you pay 6euros for sheets + towel. You have to request a blanket. Prices are average when you add this cost. Staff are friendly & I would stay here again.

• 4th Oct 2012

The Hostel B&B Utrecht City Center

Utrecht, Netherlands

I arrived at the check in time I booked & was told I couldn't check in for another 6 hours! There seemed to be no-one running the place, no-one was on reception, the other guests were telling people to come back later for check in. There was stuff everywhere, the place is messy, disorganised & dirty. The bathroom & toilet facilites were disgusting. The atmosphere is great, very chilled environment but no organisation! There is no luggage storage so you just leave your bag anywhere.

• 31st Aug 2012
  • Globetrotter

Sorry for the mess but we clean the place 10 times a day. We have two intern-ship students who are ill, that is why the check-in was later. With our regards, the staff

Aivengo Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Don't bring much luggage because it is up 4 flights of narrow stairs & no lift!

• 27th Aug 2012