Reviews: YesToAdventure

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Silverfern Backpackers

Auckland, New Zealand

Probably the worst hostel I've stayed at in Auckland. Rooms were a mess and the other residents had their belongings spread out EVERYWHERE. Sheets weren't very clean at all...had hairs on them. Bathrooms were also not very clean, and there weren't very many bathroom facilities on the first floor. Random sink in the hallway. Small kitchen. Ridiculous $50 key deposit...does it really cost that much for a key? $25 I understand, but who carries around $50 in cash just for the key deposit?

Silverfern is a hostel not a 5 star hotel, we can't go around telling our guests to be super tidy because you are staying in the room. Kitchen is large compared to most hostel kitchens. Most people have $50 deposit for a key, only drunks and bums don't carry around that much money.

Crash Palace

Rotorua, New Zealand

Awesome hostel!! I highly recommend it for anyone traveling to Rotorua looking for a more homey place to stay. Big variety of travelers staying there, and everyone on the staff was very friendly and helpful. The best part, though, was the Maori Mud Pool trip offered. I ended up signing up last minute and I don't regret it at all! $35 ($25 of which went to charity) to do a mud bath and soak in a hot spring along a river with a bottle of wine and fellow travelers. Owner, Chris, was awesome!!

thank you so much for your kind words :) we love it when guests support what we do in our community with our local youth.Thanks so much for signing up and supporting our charity you guys were awesome group. here is a link of the young boys you saw here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK6J8O9IJ-I&feature=youtu.be