Reviews: YesToAdventure

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 27

Four Rivers Hostel

Yangon, Myanmar

Best shower I've had in Southeast Asia! Rooms were a bit cramped but the beds were pod-style with curtains giving privacy so didn't feel like I was in a dorm. Simple breakfast but enough to get the day started. A bit far from the sites but easy enough to get around the city from the hostel location. Staff was excellent and very helpful with making onward bookings to Inle Lake.

Shiralea Backpackers Resort

Koh Phangan, Thailand

Great hostel! The dorm beds all have curtains and storage so it's like having your own small room. I lucked out and had an entire dorm to myself for a few nights. Pool and bar were lovely and it was just a short walk down to the beach. It's a bit far from some of the other parts of the island but good if you want to escape the craziness of some of the party beaches. Still plenty to do though!

Samui Backpacker Hotel

Koh Samui, Thailand

Staff is good and helpful but I wasn't too impressed with the giant, 20-bed dorm rooms. The bathrooms were usually dirty again shortly after cleaning just because of the number of people using them. The AC was absolutely freezing if you were in the beds closest to it, and the blankets weren't warm enough. Lots of big groups came through during my stay, which isn't very fun if you're traveling on your own. The nearby beach was not very clean.

Chill Out House

Koh Lanta, Thailand

Chill Out House is by far the coolest hostel I've ever seen in. Such a good vibe! The staff were wonderful and extremely helpful. I honestly could have spent a few weeks here if I had the time. My only complaint is that the dorm beds could really use new mattresses because they were rock hard. I still slept well though. I would go back in a heartbeat!!

I really enjoyed my stay here. The girls who run the hostel are very nice and helpful. The hostel is really close to everything you'd want to see in old Georgetown and close to the buses to see the rest of Penang. Fan room did get a bit hot at night and the bunk beds were very squeaky but I still managed to sleep well.

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Quality hostel located in a very central, convenient part of KL. Only downside about its location was getting across the street...there was a lot of traffic and no good pedestrian crossing, but this isn't the hostel's fault. Nice bunk beds in the room and good AC. Internet was a bit strained at peak hours. Staff was amazingly friendly and helpful! Would stay here again!

Ringos Foyer Guest House

Melaka, Malaysia

Silverfern Backpackers

Auckland, New Zealand

Probably the worst hostel I've stayed at in Auckland. Rooms were a mess and the other residents had their belongings spread out EVERYWHERE. Sheets weren't very clean at all...had hairs on them. Bathrooms were also not very clean, and there weren't very many bathroom facilities on the first floor. Random sink in the hallway. Small kitchen. Ridiculous $50 key deposit...does it really cost that much for a key? $25 I understand, but who carries around $50 in cash just for the key deposit?

Silverfern is a hostel not a 5 star hotel, we can't go around telling our guests to be super tidy because you are staying in the room. Kitchen is large compared to most hostel kitchens. Most people have $50 deposit for a key, only drunks and bums don't carry around that much money.

Crash Palace

Rotorua, New Zealand

Awesome hostel!! I highly recommend it for anyone traveling to Rotorua looking for a more homey place to stay. Big variety of travelers staying there, and everyone on the staff was very friendly and helpful. The best part, though, was the Maori Mud Pool trip offered. I ended up signing up last minute and I don't regret it at all! $35 ($25 of which went to charity) to do a mud bath and soak in a hot spring along a river with a bottle of wine and fellow travelers. Owner, Chris, was awesome!!

thank you so much for your kind words :) we love it when guests support what we do in our community with our local youth.Thanks so much for signing up and supporting our charity you guys were awesome group. here is a link of the young boys you saw here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK6J8O9IJ-I&feature=youtu.be