Reviews: YesToAdventure

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 27

Hanoi Rocks Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Very busy hostel. Definitely the place to go if you want to party but not so much if you want to chill. Rooms were quiet at night but you could hear people talking in the hallways. Good location in the center of the old quarter. Great breakfast!

Tam Coc Backpacker Hostel

Ninh Binh, Vietnam

Unfortunately, this place is pretty much the only backpacker option in Tam Coc. Huge 20 bed dorm (even though I booked a 10 bed) with 1 toilet for the entire dorm room. Food was pretty nasty, but there were better options thankfully down the street. Place was clean and relatively quiet, so was able to get a decent night's sleep. They also let me into the room at 6AM after getting off a night bus which was nice. Some of the staff friendly, others not. Very average hostel overall, but few options.

Valentine Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

Staff here were absolutely incredible, probably the best in all of Vietnam! They helped with all my tour bookings and pretty much planned out the next five days of my trip for me. When I had issues with one of my bus bookings they were able to sort it out pretty much immediately. Room was simple but very clean and quiet. It's about a 7-10 minute walk to the main tourist district in Hue, and the hostel is set down a very small alley that can be hard to find so bring a map. Delicious breakfast!

Gia Bao Hoi An Backpackers

Hoi An, Vietnam

Good, basic hostel. Very quiet, great place if you value sleep over partying. Comfy beds in big dorm rooms. About a five minute walk from Old Town along a pretty quiet street. Hostel staff was very helpful with bookings and such. Only one bathroom per floor, so often a wait to use the toilet and shower.

Dalat Alan Hostel

Da Lat, Vietnam

This place is worth staying at for the staff alone. Extremely friendly an welcoming! The (FREE!!!) family dinner was awesome. Great place though to meet other travelers. Dorm rooms were very noisy, unfortunately, and the beds rock hard (even by SE Asia standards) so I didn't sleep too well. Canyoning tour that I booked through the hostel was fun but had way too many people on it (~25 pax).

Lily's Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Great, quiet hostel in Saigon. In the main backpacking area so close to sights and good food. Definitely not a party hostel. Wonderful staff who helped me book tours and gave good directions to get around town. A little hard to find (a lovely older Vietnamese lady ended up leading me to the hostel after I got lost) but off the Main Street so nice and quiet at night. One bathroom for an 8 bed dorm inconvenient but it worked.

Mekong Delta Inn

Can Tho, Vietnam

It's worth going to Can Tho and staying at this hostel just for the staff. Hostel owner met me at the bus station even though I was several hours late. I had an amazing tour of the floating market with Vy, who then took us out to dinner for ban xeo (pancakes) later. I stayed an extra night just because of the amazing staff. The hostel itself is basic but has anything you could need. A bit far from the tourist strip but in a lovely area filled with friendly locals.

Envoy Hostel Phnom Penh

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Very clean, modern hostel. Big dorm rooms with comfy beds and nice lockers for storing stuff. Beautiful common area and rooftop terrace. Staff was wonderful and extremely helpful for getting me bus tickets and Vietnam visa. Hostel is a bit far from the downtown area, but tuk tuks are incredibly cheap and really the best way to get around Phnom Penh (it's not a walking city). Great tuk tuk drivers at hostel for trips to Killing Fields/S21. Quiet hostel but easy to meet people in common area.

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Wonderful hostel! Amazing bar area with swimming pool and really delicious food. Sunday night BBQ was seriously amazing! Great tuk tuk drivers on staff for getting around temples at reasonable prices. Easy to meet people in common area and very good, chill vibe. Dorm rooms were huge and beds very comfy. Only a short walk to Pub Street. Definitely one of the best hostels I've stayed at in SE Asia and I've recommended it to everyone I've talked to heading to Siem Reap!

Basic hostel (the Laos standard), but nice and clean. Delicious, filling breakfast. Easy to meet people to go tubing. Thought the place was slightly too expensive especially considering how cheap some of the guesthouses in town were. Staff was helpful for me, but I heard of a few problems with them overbooking. Very busy hostel, probably because it is one of the nicer ones in town. Dorms were set away from the main hangout area and very quiet at night if you want to get sleep.

Kounsavan Guest House

Luang Prabang, Laos

Basic but functional hostel. Nothing fancy, but adequate for a stay in Luang Prabang. Bunk beds were very squeaky, but mattresses were comfortable. Aircon only comes on at 8 PM, which isn't horrible but when you're tired in the middle of the day it kind of sucks that you can't take a nap in a cool room. Lovely, very helpful staff. Banana pancakes at breakfast were delicious.

Mercy Hostel

Chiang Rai, Thailand

Best hostel I've stayed at in 3 months of traveling Southeast Asia. Super clean. Rooms were large and provided plenty of secure storage space for stuff. Beds were amazingly comfortable. Lots of good hangout spaces outside. Very friendly staff. Located within walking distance of the central bus station in town (despite what the tuk tuk drivers say). Wish I could've stayed longer!!

Chiangmai Gate Capsule Hostel

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Excellent pod-style beds in this hostel with curtains for privacy. Top bunks have stairs so you don't actually feel like you're on a top bunk. Staff was very friendly and kept the place very clean. Bigger lockers would have been nice as the lockers provided were only large enough to store money and passport. The bathrooms were my only complaint: there was only one bathroom/shower for an 8 bed dorm, so you had to wait to use both.

Four Rivers Hostel

Yangon, Myanmar

Best shower I've had in Southeast Asia! Rooms were a bit cramped but the beds were pod-style with curtains giving privacy so didn't feel like I was in a dorm. Simple breakfast but enough to get the day started. A bit far from the sites but easy enough to get around the city from the hostel location. Staff was excellent and very helpful with making onward bookings to Inle Lake.

Shiralea Backpackers Resort

Koh Phangan, Thailand

Great hostel! The dorm beds all have curtains and storage so it's like having your own small room. I lucked out and had an entire dorm to myself for a few nights. Pool and bar were lovely and it was just a short walk down to the beach. It's a bit far from some of the other parts of the island but good if you want to escape the craziness of some of the party beaches. Still plenty to do though!

Samui Backpacker Hotel

Koh Samui, Thailand

Staff is good and helpful but I wasn't too impressed with the giant, 20-bed dorm rooms. The bathrooms were usually dirty again shortly after cleaning just because of the number of people using them. The AC was absolutely freezing if you were in the beds closest to it, and the blankets weren't warm enough. Lots of big groups came through during my stay, which isn't very fun if you're traveling on your own. The nearby beach was not very clean.

Chill Out House

Koh Lanta, Thailand

Chill Out House is by far the coolest hostel I've ever seen in. Such a good vibe! The staff were wonderful and extremely helpful. I honestly could have spent a few weeks here if I had the time. My only complaint is that the dorm beds could really use new mattresses because they were rock hard. I still slept well though. I would go back in a heartbeat!!

I really enjoyed my stay here. The girls who run the hostel are very nice and helpful. The hostel is really close to everything you'd want to see in old Georgetown and close to the buses to see the rest of Penang. Fan room did get a bit hot at night and the bunk beds were very squeaky but I still managed to sleep well.

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Quality hostel located in a very central, convenient part of KL. Only downside about its location was getting across the street...there was a lot of traffic and no good pedestrian crossing, but this isn't the hostel's fault. Nice bunk beds in the room and good AC. Internet was a bit strained at peak hours. Staff was amazingly friendly and helpful! Would stay here again!

Ringos Foyer Guest House

Melaka, Malaysia

Silverfern Backpackers

Auckland, New Zealand

Probably the worst hostel I've stayed at in Auckland. Rooms were a mess and the other residents had their belongings spread out EVERYWHERE. Sheets weren't very clean at all...had hairs on them. Bathrooms were also not very clean, and there weren't very many bathroom facilities on the first floor. Random sink in the hallway. Small kitchen. Ridiculous $50 key deposit...does it really cost that much for a key? $25 I understand, but who carries around $50 in cash just for the key deposit?

Silverfern is a hostel not a 5 star hotel, we can't go around telling our guests to be super tidy because you are staying in the room. Kitchen is large compared to most hostel kitchens. Most people have $50 deposit for a key, only drunks and bums don't carry around that much money.

Crash Palace

Rotorua, New Zealand

Awesome hostel!! I highly recommend it for anyone traveling to Rotorua looking for a more homey place to stay. Big variety of travelers staying there, and everyone on the staff was very friendly and helpful. The best part, though, was the Maori Mud Pool trip offered. I ended up signing up last minute and I don't regret it at all! $35 ($25 of which went to charity) to do a mud bath and soak in a hot spring along a river with a bottle of wine and fellow travelers. Owner, Chris, was awesome!!

thank you so much for your kind words :) we love it when guests support what we do in our community with our local youth.Thanks so much for signing up and supporting our charity you guys were awesome group. here is a link of the young boys you saw here.