Location: Hong Kong, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Banilah

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Staff is extremely helpful. Staying outside the old city also gives you a taste of local life and go where they hang out. Highly recommend this!

• 13th May 2014

FUN-D Hostel Chiang Rai

Chiang Rai, Thailand

Staff are very helpful and the place is very clean, though it seems a bit quiet when I visited there, perhaps due to the recent earthquake. Like many reviews said, this hostel is just like a hotel!

• 11th May 2014

Gongkaew Chiangmai Home

Relaxed and easy!

• 10th May 2014

Gongkaew Chiangmai Home

Chiang Mai, Thailand

I really like the outdoor terrace they have. I have stayed for three nights and every morning at aound eight o clock one of two squirrels run across the roofs to get to another tree - it just made me smile. Quiet and calm but you could also interact with other guests if you want. the owner even let me rent a bike overnight when i had to spent a night away at the meditation camp. The only problem i have is the mosquitoes in the outdoor terrace in the evening- but this is Asia...

• 5th May 2014

Cyclamen Cottage

Melaka, Malaysia

Location is far we know from other reviews - but didn't expect it to be THIS far. The owner said it's 2km from town but we cycled for like 25 mins one way so it has to be longer than that. If you have a car it's a nice place to stay but if you don't it's almost nightmare. Centipedes had appeared in the room consecutively for 2 nights - I don't hate insects but centipedes by your bed is not that sweet....

• 14th Dec 2013

Travellers Palm

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

It's not a beautiful or well furnished place but it's quiet and comfortable. I thought the sitting area at the porch would be larger but it's a bit small and there are by nature a lot of mosquitoes. Overall I have enjoyed my stay :)

• 10th Dec 2013
  • Hong Kong

Curtains are covered in dust, tours seem overpriced and we would appreciate if the light in the room is not pink in color.

• 13th Oct 2013
  • Hong Kong

It's located in a quiet neighborhood and near the mtr station. Staff is friendly and helpful. We stayed in a double bed room and everything is clean.

• 19th Jan 2013

Around The World Backpackers

Christchurch, New Zealand

Because of the red zone, the location is not as central as it is supposed to be. Take 30 minute walk from the i-site/canterbury museum to get there. Nice bed, cozy lounge/dining area.

• 17th Nov 2012
  • Hong Kong

Hi Betty...thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. Unfortunately since all our earthquakes and the red zone a lot of activities that were close by are no longer operating. We are a very small city so most attractions are within walking distance. All the best from us all at ATW Backpackers.

Central Backpackers Dunedin

Dunedin, New Zealand

Nora was nice and friendly. They have a cute hostel cat that would enter your room if you allow it. :]

• 16th Nov 2012

Central Backpackers Dunedin

Dunedin, New Zealand

nice kitchen and dining room. excellent location. Laura was very helpful. love the hostel cat too ;)

• 15th Nov 2012

YHA Te Anau

Te Anau, New Zealand

comfy dining / sofa lounge. clean bathroom and kitchen. just 5 minute walk from supermarket/I site

• 12th Nov 2012

Kiwi Basecamp

Christchurch, New Zealand

I stayed at je room opposite to the bathroom and kitchen. it wa very noisy the whe night. bathroom was messy butno one cleaned up...

• 8th Nov 2012

Bumbles Backpackers Queenstown

Queenstown, New Zealand

Near to everything yet quiet with good view of the lake. Nice bed and facilities. Also close to the route to mt Ben Lomond - great for a day of exercise

• 8th Nov 2012

YMCA Christchurch

Christchurch, New Zealand

nothing remarkable except for the location

• 4th Nov 2012

┼Żafran Guesthouse

Plitvice Lakes, Croatia

Great place to stay after an exhausting bus ride! We arrived at Plitvice at three in the morning and were picked up by the hostel owner's car as soon as we phoned them. Quality of a guesthouse with the price of hostel - a decent house with a lovely view. I was worried about getting from the hostel to the Plitvice National Park when I first arrived at the hostel. But then in the morning Mr Zaffran simply drove us there without any extra charge at all.

• 19th Jul 2011

Hostel Irena

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Very relaxing environment. With wifi as well. We were at the main bus terminal to take a bus to Dubrovnik and my friend suddenly realised that he had left his bag in the hostel. Since the bus was about to depart we had no time to return. We called the hostel owner and the kind man drove to the bus station with my friend's bag.

• 17th Jul 2011

• 13th Jul 2011
  • Hong Kong

there are NO window in the private double bedroom.. and it's so stuffy in the room- it's not a bad hostel but it's easy enough to find sth better with similar amount of money~ the location is really convenient though

Thanks for the comment. As stated in our description, the private double room has no window. But private double is much cheaper than private double ensuite, which is bigger, with window and bathroom. You are more than welcome to try our private double ensuite next time!

nice and special location- i really enjoyed the environment of old alleys and streets surrounding the hostel. though it would be even better if cabs can be ordered onto the hilltop =] i love to come another time =] thanks