Location: Hong Kong, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Cyclamen Cottage

Melaka, Malaysia

Location is far we know from other reviews - but didn't expect it to be THIS far. The owner said it's 2km from town but we cycled for like 25 mins one way so it has to be longer than that. If you have a car it's a nice place to stay but if you don't it's almost nightmare. Centipedes had appeared in the room consecutively for 2 nights - I don't hate insects but centipedes by your bed is not that sweet....

Travellers Palm

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

It's not a beautiful or well furnished place but it's quiet and comfortable. I thought the sitting area at the porch would be larger but it's a bit small and there are by nature a lot of mosquitoes. Overall I have enjoyed my stay :)

Curtains are covered in dust, tours seem overpriced and we would appreciate if the light in the room is not pink in color.

It's located in a quiet neighborhood and near the mtr station. Staff is friendly and helpful. We stayed in a double bed room and everything is clean.

Around The World Backpackers

Christchurch, New Zealand

Because of the red zone, the location is not as central as it is supposed to be. Take 30 minute walk from the i-site/canterbury museum to get there. Nice bed, cozy lounge/dining area.

Hi Betty...thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. Unfortunately since all our earthquakes and the red zone a lot of activities that were close by are no longer operating. We are a very small city so most attractions are within walking distance. All the best from us all at ATW Backpackers.

Central Backpackers Dunedin

Dunedin, New Zealand

Nora was nice and friendly. They have a cute hostel cat that would enter your room if you allow it. :]

Central Backpackers Dunedin

Dunedin, New Zealand

nice kitchen and dining room. excellent location. Laura was very helpful. love the hostel cat too ;)

YHA Te Anau

Te Anau, New Zealand

comfy dining / sofa lounge. clean bathroom and kitchen. just 5 minute walk from supermarket/I site

Bumbles Backpackers Queenstown

Queenstown, New Zealand

Near to everything yet quiet with good view of the lake. Nice bed and facilities. Also close to the route to mt Ben Lomond - great for a day of exercise

Kiwi Basecamp

Christchurch, New Zealand

I stayed at je room opposite to the bathroom and kitchen. it wa very noisy the whe night. bathroom was messy butno one cleaned up...

YMCA Christchurch

Christchurch, New Zealand

nothing remarkable except for the location

┼Żafran Guesthouse

Plitvice Lakes, Croatia

Great place to stay after an exhausting bus ride! We arrived at Plitvice at three in the morning and were picked up by the hostel owner's car as soon as we phoned them. Quality of a guesthouse with the price of hostel - a decent house with a lovely view. I was worried about getting from the hostel to the Plitvice National Park when I first arrived at the hostel. But then in the morning Mr Zaffran simply drove us there without any extra charge at all.

Hostel Irena

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Very relaxing environment. With wifi as well. We were at the main bus terminal to take a bus to Dubrovnik and my friend suddenly realised that he had left his bag in the hostel. Since the bus was about to depart we had no time to return. We called the hostel owner and the kind man drove to the bus station with my friend's bag.

there are NO window in the private double bedroom.. and it's so stuffy in the room- it's not a bad hostel but it's easy enough to find sth better with similar amount of money~ the location is really convenient though

Thanks for the comment. As stated in our description, the private double room has no window. But private double is much cheaper than private double ensuite, which is bigger, with window and bathroom. You are more than welcome to try our private double ensuite next time!

nice and special location- i really enjoyed the environment of old alleys and streets surrounding the hostel. though it would be even better if cabs can be ordered onto the hilltop =] i love to come another time =] thanks