Location: Germany, Gender: Female, Age: 27

Odyssee Globetrotter Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Ok hostel, not the best not the worst I've stayed in so far. Most annoying thing is the one key rule which I believe is very unsafe. Beds are comfy, rooms spacious, bathrooms clean. No real social hostel atmosphere tho when I was there, really hard to meet other travellers when travelling solo, unless they are in your room. Annoying: you need to get a key from reception to use anything electronic in the kitchen, even if you want to make a cup of tea. Not sure if I'd stay again, nothing special.

one question ! why you have booked again ? regards the Odyssee

Astor Queensway

Pretty good for London standards, which means still not as good as some of the hostels I've stayed in so far around the world. Great location, very social hostel so very easy to meet other travels which is awesome when you are travelling solo like I was. Rooms are tiny, couldn't open the window properly so was quite hot in the room at night. Bathrooms tiny, kitchen good, staff is nice. Lots of people staying long term. Probably would stay again. Only issue no lift - no fun when on 6th floor.

Not the best, not the worst. Not really a proper backpacker hostel, more like a hotel with lots of groups (mainly teenagers). Very clean, good beds, staff is ok, wifi only works in the bar/lounge area which closes at 11pm. So if you are traveling by yourself and you want to meet people, probably not the best place. Neighborhood is a bit shady, not sure if I'd walk around there at night, about 10 mins walk from station but you can take a bus 2 stops there. No aircon in rooms (hot at night.

St Christopher's Greenwich

One of the worst stays I had in a very long time and I've seen a lot of hostels! The rooms very so hot and sticky that sleeping wasn't really an option any more. The room I was staying (6bed female dorm) had only one tiny tiny window right at the top which didn't allow for any air circulation which meant the room was not only unbearably hot (I'd say about 40 degrees), there also was pretty much no breathable air there, O2 level = zero. I would never stay here again nor would I recommend it!

St Christopher's at The Winston

Amsterdam, Netherlands

In 5 years of traveling I have not left one bad review, but I have to say I did NOT like this hostel nor would I recommend it. It's very loud because the bar is right underneath, there are no common rooms to meet other travelers except the bar/beer garden but those are accessible by general public as well so anyone can walk in, the facilities need renewing. I tried to have a shower and the whole bathroom was under water. The staff wasn't very helpful. Big hostel, no character.

Cocomama

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great hostel for meeting other travellers, one of the best in Amsterdam for sure. Small, family atmosphere - you get to know the staff and other people really quick, staff is very nice and helpful. Hostel is very clean, in a quiet really nice neighbourhood, facilities are the best I've ever seen, beds are ok but pillows need replacing. If you are travelling by yourself, go here. Most nights they have activities like movie night, pub crawl, cheap dinner. Not a party hostel tho. I'd def stay again

Dear Felice, thank you for leaving us a review! We bought new pillows this week and replaced the previous ones. Hopefully you'll be back soon to try them out! Love, team Cocomama

The Nunnery

Melbourne, Australia

Best place in Melbourne to meet other travellers, lots of activities on such as Pub Crawl, BBQ night etc, nice location in Fitzroy right on the doorstep to some of Melbourne's amazing nightlife. However the beds aren't very comfy, the room smelled odd and the top bunks didn't have bars on them. I'd say awesome place if you want to be social, not so good if you just want a good nights sleep and some comfort. The staff is really nice and helpful, breakfast is good, kitchen bit small.

Nomads Noosa

Noosa, Australia

Good hostel, clean - they clean the rooms and bathrooms every day, good facilities, lots of places to sit and chat, the kitchen is totally fine just try and get your cooking done before rush hour when everyone else is trying to cook. Beds are comfy. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm which was great, everyone had their own bottom bunk bed and lots of space. Can be at bit loud at night time because of the bar, nothing a pair of earplugs can't fix unless you are a light sleeper. Bit too many Germans ;)

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

I only had one night here, but I really liked it. Location is great, in the middle of Hollywood lots of cafes, shops around. Beds are comfy and the private screen is great, shower was excellent, bathroom clean. They have a nice patio outside the hostel and a little "bar" area as well. Lots of activities every day, so good to meet new people if you are traveling by yourself. The staff was very nice too. Music in the common areas is a bit loud during the day tho.

Swiss 1291 Hostel

New York, USA

Guys, this is not a hostel like any other, more guesthouse style apartments that you share with others. I stayed in a 7 bed apartment, it is pretty much impossible to meet travelers from other apartments because there are no common areas or activities, so you will only meet people who are also staying in your apartment. The facilities are good, staff is nice, location just a few blocks from times square so very central, beds vary from queen size bed, to bunk bed to pull out couch.

Canadiana Backpackers Inn

Toronto, Canada

Good hostel, fairly clean, maybe not quite enough bathrooms as required but still good, fairly good location near queen street, beds were ok. I liked there outdoor patio, however maybe not quite enough free organized activities as some other hostels.

Thanks for your review! We try to have as many bathrooms as our facilities allow us. We also organize daily free activities (such as pool and table tennis tournaments, free BBQs, karaoke nights, pub crawls and movie nights) to entertain guests and help them meet other travellers. Hope you can enjoy all of them on a future stay!

HI-Toronto

Toronto, Canada

Very good hostel! Clean, good beds, good location, lots if free organized activities where you can meet new people especially handy when you travel by yourself. Stayed in a 6 bed female dorm, the room had ensuite bathroom, probably one of the best shower I had since I left home, hairdryer very good as well. Would definitely stay here again!

Chicago Getaway Hostel

Chicago, USA

Loved this hostel! Clean, good location with bars, cafes and supermarket near by, loved the free organized activities every day, female bathrooms had good hairdryers which was handy. Lots of communal space, maybe bit big to meet other travelers when traveling by yourself but that's what the free activities are for. I would definitely stay here again! Had one night in a 12 bed dorm, that was a bit much but that's just me :) smaller dorm next time.

Pretty big hostel, very clean however no kitchen only a bar. The beds have a curtain you can close for more privacy which is nice. Although they have a bar I found it hard to meet people because the hostel is so big. Neighborhood is good too, public transport near by, supermarket. The free WiFi didn't work in my room only in common area downstairs. Would stay again when in Paris.

Adelaide Hostel and Hotel

San Francisco, USA

My bunk bed was very insecure and swang around immensely every time I moved, no rails on the top bunk either felt like I was gonna fall out during the night. So not the greatest sleep. But being a small hostel the atmosphere was good, easy to meet people when traveling by yourself. Bathrooms are ok, free WiFi only worked in the common rooms downstairs but not upstairs in the dorms. Dorms were very small, not much space for luggage.