Bath YMCA

Bath, England

Our beds still had the dirty sheets on them when we checked in. The hostel staff brought us sheets and we made our own beds. The hostel was extremely hot due to the weather but the staff/ hostel didn't offer any fans. The doors to the dorms are locked with a security code. This could be a security issue if they don't change the code. I still have the code memorized. My husband also could never find the male only bathroom.

• 12th Jul 2014

Many thanks for your comments. There was a mix up on the day between the cleaning staff and reception on what needed doing in the dorm, hence the sheets weren't removed off any beds as they thought a group was staying, I stripped the beds myself and provided fresh linen, guests always make their own dorm beds. The security codes are changed when we feel it's necessary, lockers are in dorms. There are no male showers, but mixed showers, the males use these as the females have their own.

YHA Oxford

Oxford, England

One of the best hostels I've stayed in.

• 11th Jul 2014

Astor Queensway

Hostel was hot due to the weather but the hostel provided fans. Location is great to catch the hop on hop off bus. Hostel staff was great

• 7th Jul 2014

MEININGER London Hyde Park

My favorite hostel in London thus far. Directly across the street from the Natural History Museum. 3 minute walk from the tube.

Kipps Hostel Canterbury