Youth Hostel Oia

Santorini, Greece

It is a beautiful hostel. The only weird thing is that there are no locks on the room doors or even into the hostel. There are small lock boxes to keep your passport etc. Other than that its great, its really close to the town shops, a pool, and it has great views of the sunset.

• 7th Jul 2013

Students & Travellers Inn

Athens, Greece

The location and facilities are very nice. Although there are not any lockers in the rooms. The staff is very nice but a little incompetent with booking rooms. We stayed multiple nights and all of my friends and I had to move rooms every night and so did many other people I talked to who stayed there. The hostel has a good location, great breakfast, and a nice atmosphere even with all the bedroom changes.

• 4th Jul 2013

Apartment Sanja

Plitvice Lakes, Croatia

Apartment Sanja is great. You can walk to the park from the apartment and when you arrive the owners give you detailed instructions on where to find everything from food, to which trails to take in the park and the best look out points, to bus information. They're great and the apartment is down the street from a market, and restaurant. Definitely stay here!

• 29th Jun 2013

The House Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Everything about the hostel is great minus the location it is a little bit far out of the downtown Zagreb area. About a 20 -25 minute walk anytime you want to go out and see anything. Other than that the rooms are nice, breakfast is good, and the staff is helpful.

• 28th Jun 2013

X Hostel Alicante

Alicante, Spain

Great hostel, nice staff, its a little far from the beach and barrio, but they make up for it in other ways.

Hotel Central

Casablanca, Morocco

They´re arn´t too many places to choose from in Casablanca so I can see why this budget hotel is popular. It´s ok for what you pay for, although the staff wasn´t always helpful, the bathroom was just plain dirty, and I wouldn´t expect the wifi to work.

Hostel of the Sun

Naples, Italy

The bathrooms were very dirty and commonly did not have any toilet paper and the floors were flooded with water. We were on the second floor, and the reception is on the seventh floor so it was more difficult to get questions answered by the staff and it meant the security was lower because you did not have to pass a front desk person to enter.

we are sorry you found the bathrooms often dirty-all you needed to do though was let one of the staff know and we would have cleaned them immediately. We try to keep our standards of cleanliness very high, which I think you can see from the other common spaces and your rooms, but I think one of the nights you stayed we had a problem with the boiler in the bathroom and it was leaking onto the floor, again something we fixed as soon as we possibly could. To avoid any problems like this in the future we'll have somebody go down to check the bathrooms periodically. I'm surprised you felt the second floor rooms were not secure. We have CCTV cameras in every common space and corridoor in the hostel, also on the second floor, which someone on the reception 24 hours with the CCTV screens in front of them. Also if you remember you have to get through 3 DIFFERENT doors with three different keys to get into your rooms, in which you also have a locker to lock your things up, so if you feel you can explain why you didn't feel it was secure then that would be really good for us- did you have any problems at all when you were here?? As we are inside a tall building we are forced to have rooms on different floors, as in many other hostels, so I'm sad you didn't feel you could take the lift up to come and ask questions, we're always ready to help if we can. If you wanted to be closer to the reception we could have changed your room! Generally people who book the smaller dorms are looking for peace and quiet, which I think you found down on the second floor, but if that's not for you then come and let us know! I'd really appreciate any feedback you can give us, we really care about how good your stay is here and I'm sure if you'd mentioned something to us when you were still here then we would have done our best to put things right so you could have enjoyed your stay more than you did. Thanks in advance,

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

The hostel was nice and clean. The staff wasn't extremely helpful at times and it was a little further outside of town than we hoped, but its still a good place to stay.

Mosaic Hostel

Rome, Italy

This hostel was clean, the breakfast was decent, and the staff was very nice and helpful. You can't ask for too much more when it comes to hostels. It was a bit expensive, but we were there over New Years, so I'm assuming that's why.

Lisbon Lounge Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Very clean, nicely decorated and kept up. The free breakfast was nice, and they give you free towels. The bathrooms were also very clean and they had great water pressure!

Las Musas Hostel

Madrid, Spain

The hostel was great, no complaints other than there was not internet access in the rooms.