Reviews: berniedean

Location: Australia, Gender: Male, Age: 58

Hotel Oriental Inn

Chennai, India

The hotel was well located and very comfortable. We were upgraded to a larger room on arrival and that was a pleasant surprise. all staff were excellent and went out of their way to help. In particular, they were extremely helpful in arranging our own tours. The only problem was over the issue of a late checkout we we arranged with one staff member but wasn't honoured by another staff member. They indicated that there was a language problem. We settled on a half day rate for an extra 90 minutes.

Bich Duyen Hotel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

An excellent place to stay in HCMC. Facilities are top notch and bettered only by the helpfulness of the staff. Great breakfast, lots of local info and help from staff and a fantastic location in the backpacker area of Saigon. The manager of the hostel could not do enough for me and his advice and help were both invaluable in making my stay in Saigon very memorable.

Kieu Anh Hotel

Vung Tau, Vietnam

The Kieu Anh Hotel is located in a great position in Vung Tau. It is within a shirt walking district of the beach and the eating and retail areas. On arrival I was informed that I had no booking as 3 buses arrived with new guests. Otherwise I would have been looking elsewhere. My strong feeling was that I was a major inconvenience to the staff and I was definitely not made to feel welcome. Pity

A great hostel in an excellent location. Could not have asked for anything better. Staff were super helpful and all their advice was spot on. Had 4 great nights there and would not hesitate to stay there next time I' m in Hanoi. Can't go wrong with this hostel.

Discovery Melbourne

Melbourne, Australia

Great location. Basic accomodation. However, it was clean, amenable and good value for money. As a more 'mature' traveller I was very happy with the hostel and it ticked all the boxes.

Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback - I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon. Happy Travels, Jess, Front Office Manager.

Airport Skyway Lodge

Auckland, New Zealand

Great friendly service. I could not believe that they provided a transfer to the airport at 4.30am!

Downtown Backpackers

Wellington, New Zealand

An excellent location very handy to the railway station. Facities were really good. However, the staff were at best, poor, and at worst, shocking. I really had to work hard to get information from the staff member on the desk when booking my bus for the next day. The booking part was functional but in trying to gain info or help on the destination I was met with massive indifference. Ordering a drink was obviously a trial for another staff member who later used very bad language about a guest.

Kiwi Basecamp

Christchurch, New Zealand

Adventure Queenstown Hostel

Queenstown, New Zealand

Adventure QuIeenstown was an outstanding experience. t's location is superb and is surpassed only by its standards of service and accommodation. 110 out of 100%.

Manor House Backpackers

Dunedin, New Zealand

Very comfortable and friendly residence. A great feel to the place and staff were very helpful. Will stay there again.