Urban Holiday Lofts

Chicago, USA

great front desk people, very helpful especially for our 6am flight.

• 29th Jun 2014

Oporto City Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Very kind desk people, accommodating and helpful when directions were difficult. Nice kitchen and common spaces, though it was REALLY cold. I guess Porto doesn't need heaters of something. Good place to meet others (common area + pub crawl + proximity to bars). Also we got attacked by spiders in the middle of the night (NOT bedbugs!), but I don't really know what they hostel could have done.

• 9th Jan 2013

Pension Enebral

Madrid, Spain

No kitchen and a relatively rude front desk guy. No maps and minimal knowledge of the city. There is no common room, so don't expect to meet anyone. The location was great though, so I guess there is no reason to stay inside except to sleep (and the place is set up to discourage lingering). This place is neither a bed+breakfast nor a hostel. Its a bed, bathroom, and clean towel.

• 3rd Jan 2013

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Sir Toby's Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

I often stay at the less expensive hostels, but this hostel is literally the best I have ever encountered! My friends and I stayed over Christmas and they were caring enough to host an amazing Christmas feast of local foods. The desk people were always really helpful and the basement loung/bar was a great place to meet new people. All other hostels since have not been as good!

• 22nd Dec 2012

Weird place. Make sure you sign up for the exact time you will be arriving, or you will get an extra charge! Also, the linens fee only makes the place a better value if you stay more than a couple nights. Might be better during the summer, but I will definitely choose a different hostel when I go back to Berlin.

• 21st Dec 2012

Hotel Giovannina

Venice, Italy

This place is okay if you only need a bed at night. If you are looking for anything else (even a microwave), you are screwed.

• 11th Nov 2012