Bacoo Hostel

La Paz, Bolivia

The decor & location of the hostel were quite good, and the beds were very comfortable. Not a single hot shower during my stay though, and theres nowhere to get changed or hang your clothes, except in the FREEZING cold area outside the showers, blocked from sunlight but exposed to the air - really bad planning. The reception staff were terrible too - some girls in our dorm had their camera stolen, and the staff were really unwilling to help in anyway. Also quite rude and unknowledgable.

Thanks for you comment, but we gave you a private room and we told you that we have safe boxes in recepcion and you signed a check in form. Thanks anyway.

Samba Green Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Best hot showers Ive had in South America to date! Otherwise the hostel is not bad, there isnt really much of a communal area where you can hang out and meet other people though, and it feels a bit cramped. The only thing to note is that its further from the metro station than they say!

Paraty Beach Hostel

Paraty, Brazil

The hostel had an awesome chilled out atmosphere. Really nice communal area to meet people, and the staff were really friendly, fun and helpful. the showers and wifi weren't great, but that may have had something to do with the rain and the great vibe made up for it.

Hi, Thanks for your stay here, and yes it is true the hostel has an awesome chilled out atmosphere. Really nice communal area to meet people, and the staff is really friendly, fun and helpful. Considering that the camp site next door,is 30 Reais per person, sleep on the floor, no sheets,no breakfast, showers are with cold water and no wifi. So,showers here are great! You paid 25 R$ per night to stay here.I think is more than reasonable. The vibe in the hostel is even better when is sunny.

Hostel Alice

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Really nice hostel, with friendly helpful staff who gave us some good tips for our stay. Breakfast was great but the hostel was a little quiet, no doubt due to it being low season. Showers clean but not very warm. Still, excellent location near the metro and very comfortable overall.

Backstreet Youth Hostel

Guilin, China

Nothing special about this hostel. The dorm I stayed in smelt quite moldy and was dark, though it did have an en suite bathroom. Wifi had facebook access but was so slow it wasn't really worth trying.

The Hump Hostel

Kunming, China

The courtyard was excellent and there was a nice relaxed atmosphere to the hostel. Staff were helpful by and large, and the free coffee was excellent! May have been bed bugs in the dorm, but perhaps i was bitten at the stone forest. Worth checking though maybe.

The Phoenix

Shanghai, China

A nice hostel with a great location. I really appreciated that the 8 bed dorm had it's own shower! The roof garden is great - unfortunately not many people were staying there while I was around, but I imagine it would amazing fun with more guests. The room was comfortable and clean.

A really nice, laid back hostel right by the dunes. The perfect respite from the craziness of Chinese cities! I tried to book a 2nd night stay, but according to website there was no availability - but when I got there the staff said there was. All a big disorganized, and the showers aren't great. I also think the directions to the hostel could be a bit clearer! All in all though, it had a really nice atmosphere and comfortable rooms.

Orient Hostel